Your Bionicle vision in Lego Dimensions

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! Do you like Lego Dimensions or ever played it? Ever wished that it could have Bionicle? Well, Lego Dimensions is all about including franchises of various kinds. I know that Bionicle is not mainly a minifigure-based franchise, like Ninjago, but it had minifigures and playsets in the past, similar to Hero Factory's Invasion From Below waves in 2014. Anyway, what I'm trying to say here is that I would like to ask this: If Bionicle were to be included in Lego Dimensions, how would you like to be.

Let me tell you my thoughts for example:

Adventure World: A portal door thing in Vorton that leads to the Bionicle Adventure World would have the Toa Mata/Nuva/Masters/Uniters' elements making it. In the Bionicle Adventure World, you can explore the island of Mata Nui, the Matoran Universe (mainly Metru Nui, Voya Nui, Mahri Nui, and Karda Nui), Spherus Magna, and/or Okoto. In these places, you get to meet Bionicle characters who would ask you to either buy something that Lord Vortech stole to restore it or to do them a favor, so they would give you a golden Lego brick. These characters would be:

1. Matoran, Agori, Glatorian, Skrall, Okoto villager, and/or sapient Skull Creature in general - they would ask you if you can buy things that Vortech stole to give them back to the World.

3. The Turaga and Matoran of Mata Nui - ask you to go get things, like masks and the Makoki Stone, or fight enemies, like the Infected Rahi.

4. Turaga Dume and Matoran of Metru Nui - go get something, like Kanoka disks, and/or fight Vahki and/or Visorak.

5. Sidorak and Roodaka - they would ask you to capture some Toa or Matoran.

6. The Shadowed One - ask you to get the Makoki Stone, Toa, or Matoran, or help him fight the Brotherhood of Makuta's servants.

7. Matoran of Voya Nui - ask you to save their enslaved brethren or get Zamor Spheres or Energized Protodermis.

8. Zaktan - ask you to capture Matoran and get Zamor spheres or Antidermis.

9. Brutaka - ask you to get Antidermis.

10. Matoran of Mahri Nui - ask you to collect Air Bubbles or Air Launchers.

11. Kalmah - ask you to find some Sea Squids.

12. Lesovikk - ask you to help him get things to remind him of his lost Toa Team.

13. 2008 Makuta in Karda Nui - ask you to collect Matoran or Shadow Leeches.

14. Matoran of Karda Nui - ask you to collect Shadow Leeches or find other Matoran.

15. The Order of Mata Nui - ask you to find some Protosteel stuff.

16. Agori - ask you to fight in their arenas.

17. Malum - ask you to find some Vorox or Zesk.

18. Great Beings - ask you to find some materials for their creations or lost creations.

19. The Protectors from Bionicle G2 - ask you to find some lost masks or rescue their people.

20. Ekimu - ask you to find some materials for his masks or lost masks.

21. Kulta the Skull Grinder - ask you to find some masks.

22. Makuta Teridax/G2 Makuta - ask you to collect masks.

Playable characters in Packs, and their abilities and "special extra things" (Note: *'s on the selected characters are my favorites):

1. Tahu* - Fun Pack, Fun Pack, Story Pack, or in a new Starter Pack - use fire to heat and blow up golden Lego objects, melt ice from frozen things, use his sword(s) to deflect lasers, shoot at targets, and fly. Ikir would be his creature to ride on, and it can also fly, shoot fire to heat and blow up golden Lego objects, and melt ice from frozen things. Tahu would have the ability to switch forms, similar to the Ghostbusters and the Doctor from Doctor Who, except that he doesn't die to do this. He would switch from Mata to Nuva, Adaptive Armored Nuva, 2010 form, Golden-Armored 2010 form, Master, and Uniter in a cycle. When in AA Nuva form, he could turn to his pilot form when he rides something.

2. Gali - Fun Pack - use water to get rid of toxic waste and extinguish fire, swim in deep water, shoot at targets, and fly. Akida would be her creature to ride on, and it can also fly, shoot water to get rid of toxic waste, and swim in deep water. She would switch forms from Mata to Nuva, AA Nuva, Master, and United in a cycle. When AA Nuva form, she could change into her pilot form when riding something.

3. Lewa - Fun Pack or Team Pack with Onua - is acrobatic, can fly, slice green Lego vines, and shoot at targets. He would come with either the Axalara T9 or Uxar. The Axalara can fly and blast silver Lego objects while Uxar can also fly and slice vines. Lewa could also switch from his Mata form to Nuva, AA Nuva, Master, and Uniter in a cycle. When in AA Nuva form, he could turn into his pilot form, seen in the Axalara T9 set in 2008, when riding something.

4. Kopaka - Fun Pack or Team Pack with Pohatu - can fly, freeze things, extinguish fire, and use X-Ray Vision. He would come with either the Jetrax T6 or Melum. The Jetrax can fly and destroy silver objects while Melum can freeze things and extinguish fire. Kopaka could also switch from his Mata form to Nuva, AA Nuva, Master, and Uniter in a cycle. When in AA Nuva form, he could turn into his pilot form when riding something.

5. Pohatu - Fun Pack or Team Pack with Kopaka - can fly, drill though Lego plates, shoot at targets, has super-strength, and throw boomerangs to activate boomerang-based switches. He would come with either the Rockoh T3 or Ketar. The Rockoh can fly and blast silver Lego objects while Ketar can dig. Pohatu could also switch from his Mata form to Nuva, AA Nuva, Master, and Uniter in a cycle. When in AA Nuva form, he could turn into his pilot form, seen in the Rockoh T3 set in 2008, when riding something.

6. Onua* - Fun Pack or Team Pack with Lewa - can fly, has super-strength, dig, drill, crawl on Lego walls, and shoot targets. His creature would be Terak, who can dig. Onua could also switch from his Mata form to Nuva, AA Nuva, Master, and Uniter in a cycle. When in AA Nuva form, he could turn into his pilot form when riding something.

7. Takanuva - Fun Pack, Level Pack, Story Pack, or in a new Starter Pack - can light up a dark place. He can switch from his 2003 form to Takua, his 2008 and 2010 forms. As Takua, he can also fit through small hatches. In his 2008 form, he could be Hulk-sized, have super-strength, and fly.

8. Toa Vakama - Story Pack - can blow up golden objects, melt ice from frozen things, fly, shoot at targets, and turn invisible. He can change from his Toa Metru form to his Matoran and Toa Hordika forms. As a Matoran, he could fit though small hatches. His vehicle would be the Lhikan. The Story Pack would be based on the 2004 and 2005 storylines.

9. Toa Metru - Nokama and Matau in a Team Pack, Nuju Fun Pack, Onewa Fun Pack, and Whenua Fun Pack - you know, their powers and abilities that could correspond to the game.

10. Toa Lhikan - Fun or Level Pack - blowing up golden objects, melt ice from frozen things, flying, and deflect lasers. His creature would be a Kikilanlo.

11. Toa Jaller - Fun Pack - can melt golden objects, melt ice from frozen objects, deflect lasers, swim in deep water, shoot at targets, and destroy silver objects. His creature would be a 2003 Gukko bird. He can switch from his Inika form to his Matoran and Mahri forms.

12. Toa Inika/Toa Mahri - Matoro Fun Pack, Hahli Fun Pack, Kongu Fun Pack, and Hewkii and Nuparu Team Pack - you know, their powers and abilities. Kongu's creature would be the 2001 Gukko bird. Nuparu can fix broken things.

13. Zaktan - Fun Pack - can slice through vines and shoot at targets. His vehicle would be a Nektann robot. He can switch with his fellow Piraka, who have their own abilities, like the Ghostbusters.

14. Vezon* - Fun Pack - His creature would be Fenrakk/Kardas Dragon. The Kardas Dragon can fly and blow up golden objects.

15. Umbra - Fun Pack - can light up a dark place.

16. Kalmah - Fun Pack - Swimming in deep water, shoot at targets, and stretch to grab handles. Creature being a Giant Squid.

17. Takadox - Fun Pack - can mind control certain people, shoot at targets, and swim in deep water. Creature being an underwater insect that he leads.

18. Ehlek - Fun Pack - can swim in deep water, shoot at targets, and use electricity to charge up objects. Creature being a Venom Eel.

19. Carapar - Fun Pack - has super-strength, shoot at targets, and can swim in deep underwater. Creature being a Kebas crab.

20. Mantax - Fun Pack - can dig, shoot at targets, and can swim in deep underwater. Creature being an Underwater Ray that he leads.

21. Pridak - Fun Pack - can sense things, shoot at targets, and swim in deep water. Creature being a Takea shark.

22. Hydraxon - Fun Pack - can swim in deep water and destroy silver objects. Creature being Spinax.

23. Lesovikk - Fun Pack - can swim in deep water. Vehicle being his Sea Sled that can also swim in deep water and destroy silver objects.

24. Toa Ignika - destroy silver objects. Vehicle being his Skyboard that can fly.

25. Mazeka and Vultraz Team Pack - Both of these guys can fit through small hatches. Mazeka would include his Swamp Strider while Vultraz would include his Skyfighter. Both can fly and destroy silver objects.

26. Icarax - Fun Pack - can fly, has super-strength, use an ultrasonic power to break glass, use electricity to charge up objects, stretch to grab handles, and shoot at targets. He would switch with Antroz, Vamprah, Chirox, Krika, Gorast, Bitil, and Mutran. When Antroz rides something, he turns into his pilot form from the Jetrax T6 set in 2008.

27. Ackar - Fun Pack - is acrobatic, blow up golden objects, and melt ice from frozen objects. His creature would be a Sand Stalker. He could switch with Gresh, Tarix, Kiina, Vastus, and Gelu, who have their own powers and abilities.

28. Fero - Fun Pack - Can fit through small hatches. His creature would be Skirmix.

29. Tuma - Fun Pack - has super-strength. His Creature would be a green Rock Steed.

30. Mata Nui (being)* - Fun Pack, Level Pack, Story Pack, or in a new Starter Pack - is acrobatic and can deflect lasers. His creature would be Click the Scarabax Beetle.

31. Makuta Teridax* - Fun Pack - has super-strength, can change forms, fly, fit through small hatches, use an ultrasonic power to break glass, use electricity to charge up objects, stretch to grab handles, and shoot at targets. His creature would be the Niwalk.

32. Ekimu - Fun Pack or Level Pack - can deflect lasers, light up a dark place, and shoot at targets. He can change from 2015 form to his 2016 form. When he is in his 2015 form, he can fit through small hatches.

33. Kulta the Skull Grinder - Fun Pack - has super-strength. His creature would be the Lord of Skull Spiders. His creature would be Agil and his vehicle would be his Airship.

34. Umarak* - Fun Pack - has super-strength, can mind-control certain people, and shoot at targets. He can also change from his Hunter form to his Destroyer form.

35. Makuta G2 - Fun Pack - can shoot at targets, mind-control certain people, and can change forms, which are his Mask Maker and his Shadow Titan forms. In his Mask Maker form, he can fit through small hatches. In his Shadow Titan form, he has super-strength. His vehicle would be his Airship.

For characters' interactions with others, it would go something like this:

1. Tahu to Kai from Ninjago - something about fire

2. Tahu to Eris from Legends of Chima - something about fire

3. Batman to Pohatu - "Are you copying me?" "Uh... No? Are you?"

4. Onua to Cole - something about the Earth element. Cole would say something to him, like "Black is a good choice of colors".

5. Kopaka to Zane from Ninjago - "I see you have a teammate with fire powers. Do you argue with him?" "No."

6. Homer from The Simpsons to Teridax - screaming in fear.

7. Aquaman from DC Comics to Gali - "Another hero who has water powers? Splendid!"

8. Sonic the Hedgehog to Kopaka - "You're too slow, Kopaka!" "Don't say that. It annoys me."

9. Makuta Teridax to Lord Voltemort from Harry Potter - "Another master planner with dark powers? That would be very benefitical."

There. You see what I mean? I know it's a lot, but Lego Dimensions is all about putting a lot of iconic stuff from a franchise that it includes. So, what about your ideas, guys? :) (Note: Please don't say something like "This would most likely not going to happen" or "I don't think it is most likely possible". We can just talk about how would you like Bionicle to be in Lego Dimensions if it would be included in there).

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Personally if it were possible I'd totally go for it! :biorules: There honestly aren't enough bionicle video games in my opinion (even though there has been quite a few...) I'd love to see mini toa running around blasting things! :hau: :onfire:

I imagine them doing that, too.:) I would also imagine that their minifigure bodies would be based on Hero Factory's in 2014, but in new molds that are related to Bionicle to give them look more robotic than a normal minifigure.

Personally if it were possible I'd totally go for it! :biorules: There honestly aren't enough bionicle video games in my opinion (even though there has been quite a few...) I'd love to see mini toa running around blasting things! :hau: :onfire:

I imagine them doing that, too. :) I would also imagine that their minifigure bodies would be based on Hero Factory's in 2014, but in new molds that are related to Bionicle to give them look more robotic than a normal minifigure.

If we were to get Bionicle figs based on those Hero Factory ones they might not even need that many new molds—mostly just masks for each character, one shared torso armor piece, and possibly weapons (though even many of those could conceivably be cobbled together with existing parts). The arm and leg molds of the Hero-figs could still be just effective for Bionicle characters.

That said, as much as I'd love that I don't see it happening now that Bionicle has ended (especially since even Lego Dimensions itself may be on the wane). Still, these concepts are definitely cool!

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I imagine them doing that, too. :) I would also imagine that their minifigure bodies would be based on Hero Factory's in 2014, but in new molds that are related to Bionicle to give them look more robotic than a normal minifigure.

If we were to get Bionicle figs based on those Hero Factory ones they might not even need that many new molds—mostly just masks for each character, one shared torso armor piece, and possibly weapons (though even many of those could conceivably be cobbled together with existing parts). The arm and leg molds of the Hero-figs could still be just effective for Bionicle characters.

That said, as much as I'd love that I don't see it happening now that Bionicle has ended (especially since even Lego Dimensions itself may be on the wane). Still, these concepts are definitely cool!

I've never played Dimensions myself, but I'd be lying if I said I've never thought about this before. Still, like Lyichir said, LEGO has never been fond of the idea of using retired product lines for much of anything.

Well, yes, Bionicle may have ended last year, but if Lego Dimensions will continue for Year 3 or 4, maybe Bionicle would get a chance to be included in 2018 or 2019 if Bionicle would come back on any of these years (The Lego Group did say that Bionicle is not present this year, 2017. They didn't say it could come back in 2018. Just my theory). It's still beloved and remembered overall, after all.:) Anyway, I'm not talking about the possibility. I'm just asking how would you like Bionicle to be in Lego Dimensions.

Edited by Lenny7092

I've never played Dimensions myself, but I'd be lying if I said I've never thought about this before. Still, like Lyichir said, LEGO has never been fond of the idea of using retired product lines for much of anything.

Well, yes, Bionicle may have ended last year, but if Lego Dimensions will continue for Year 3 or 4, maybe Bionicle would get a chance to be included in 2018 or 2019 if Bionicle would come back on any of these years (The Lego Group did say that Bionicle is not present this year, 2017. They didn't say it could come back in 2018. Just my theory). It's still beloved and remembered overall, after all. :) Anyway, I'm not talking about the possibility. I'm just asking how would you like Bionicle to be in Lego Dimensions.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd love it. That said, I don't see Bionicle coming back any time soon.

One thing you didn't really get into in your concept is what sorts of mini-builds the Bionicle figures would come with. Unlike most System themes, Bionicle isn't really known much for vehicles (especially G2, which didn't really have any to speak of). In my opinion the best subjects would be the creatures, but it'd certainly be tricky to build versions of those that both look suitably mechanical and could each be rebuilt into three distinct models.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 weeks later...

Well, yes, Bionicle may have ended last year, but if Lego Dimensions will continue for Year 3 or 4, maybe Bionicle would get a chance to be included in 2018 or 2019 if Bionicle would come back on any of these years (The Lego Group did say that Bionicle is not present this year, 2017. They didn't say it could come back in 2018. Just my theory). It's still beloved and remembered overall, after all. :) Anyway, I'm not talking about the possibility. I'm just asking how would you like Bionicle to be in Lego Dimensions.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'd love it. That said, I don't see Bionicle coming back any time soon.

One thing you didn't really get into in your concept is what sorts of mini-builds the Bionicle figures would come with. Unlike most System themes, Bionicle isn't really known much for vehicles (especially G2, which didn't really have any to speak of). In my opinion the best subjects would be the creatures, but it'd certainly be tricky to build versions of those that both look suitably mechanical and could each be rebuilt into three distinct models.

Mini-builds. Huh. Well, to be honest, it's hard to come up with alternate builds of things that Bionicle figures come with, but I could try my best. There are some thoughts that I made up: 

1. Takanuva - Pewku as his creature to ride on - Build #1: Pewku, Build #2: an ant that digs, Build #3: a bug that flies. 

2. Lhikan - Kikanalo - Kikanalo, a mole that digs, a bull that is super-strong. 

3. Roodaka - golden-shelled Kahgarak - Kahgarak, a beetle that digs, a bug that flies. 

4. Vezon - Fenrakk/Kardas Dragon - Fenrakk/Kardas, a scorpion that digs, a bird or insect that flies. 

5. G2 Tahu - Ikir - Ikir, an insect that flies, a rhino that is super-strong. 

6. G2 Gali - Akida - Akida, a manta ray that swims and flies, a turtle that swims and digs. 

7. G2 Lewa - Uxar - Uxar, a beetle that digs, a rhino that is super-strong. 

8. G2 Pohatu - Ketar - Ketar, a beetle that digs, an insect that flies. 

9. G2 Onua - Terak - Terak, a beetle that is super strong, a bird that can fly. 

10. G2 Kopaka - Melum - Melum, an insect that digs and uses ice, a bird that flies and uses ice. 

11. Ekimu - Ikir - Ikir, an flying ant that digs and glows, a wasp that digs and glows, 

12. Kulta the Skull Grinder - the Lord of Skull Spider - the Lord of Skull Spiders, a mole that digs, a bull that is super-strong. 

The Elemental Creatures' alternate builds are inspired by the G2 Art book.