MOC: Gadu, Toa of Stone

Logan McOwen

32150986934_8659ff4545_c.jpg

​Employed as a guard, Gadu cares not for quests of destiny and conquest. Standing guard instead with his mighty shield and staff suits him just fine.

32613841140_5eaa4f0bf5_c.jpg 32995690485_c12cc4eaee_c.jpg

32954103936_021a14af9e_c.jpg

32613837640_9b280c0043_c.jpg

32180466503_118dfae6df_c.jpg

32613831480_48f4fa9464_c.jpg 32180461843_57c9d3fe8b_c.jpg

Builder's note

The idea behind Gadu here was to use more classic-styled G1 elements then I'd usually be comfortable doing, while still maintaining a cohesive design language throughout - not the repeating details throughout the classic pieces I chose, such as corrugated tubing, oblong notches and round shapes. I also wanted to dabble with moving away from the usual structure for the TW2 gearbox, ending up with a twisting abdominal region rather than a twisting waist.

• Upvote 3

I don't get a stone theme but more of a steel or chrome theme.

Build wise this is pretty solid.

The complete custom everything that follows into a seamless figure just shows your level of skill.

Great job.

Just make it a Toa of steel.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Well I'd say you more or less succeeded in blending old and new parts together at this ratio/ Not too fond of the shorn off head spike and the chest though. Chest just needs adjusting a bit I think  though. I like the colour scheme though, that's nice. 

Well I'd say you more or less succeeded in blending old and new parts together at this ratio/ Not too fond of the shorn off head spike and the chest though. Chest just needs adjusting a bit I think  though. I like the colour scheme though, that's nice. 

Yeah, can't say I care for the missing head spike either. Other than that I quite like the model.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

• 2 weeks later...