LEGO Ideas Second 2016 Review Results Posted

Hasan Jensen from the LEGO Ideas team has just shared the results of their second 2016 review. Of the twelve sets that reached ten thousand votes in that time frame, ten will definitely not be made into sets. Maia Weinstock's Women of NASA project IS going to be made into a set, although we probably won't here more on it until much later this year. Additionally, Voltron - Defender of the Universe by len_d69 is still under review and won't receive a final disposition until the next review cycle. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Women of NASA set turns out and am keeping my fingers crossed for Voltron! Let us know your thoughts in the Talkback!

View the full article

Ooh, I really hope Voltron happens. Hopefully they can work out a favorable licensing agreement (which I assume they're looking into, which is the reason that the project is currently a Maybe). I wonder if the final set would be more close in style to the original Voltron, or the new Netflix series.

sigbanner.gif

Ooh, I really hope Voltron happens. Hopefully they can work out a favorable licensing agreement (which I assume they're looking into, which is the reason that the project is currently a Maybe). I wonder if the final set would be more close in style to the original Voltron, or the new Netflix series.

I think since the one that passed review is based on the classic one, they'll probably stick with that for the final model as well. But I can hold out hope that they might follow it up with one from the new Netflix series if it passes (similarly to what they did with Ghostbusters and the two Ecto-1 models).

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

While I like the overall idea, I fear that Women of NASA, like Research Institute before it, will be fairly subpar as far as the build goes. I would also hope that they make a couple new torsos / heads to recreate the characters, but the Research Institute only made a single new torso, which seemed pretty meh worthy. That said, Research Institute sold out like crazy, so maybe they'll also improve on the distribution for the new set too. I don't want to be overly negative about the idea, but still it would be nice to have a more substantial build. (I guess the space shuttle looks good. And can't really say no to more female scientist figs.)

I'm optimistic that the Voltron set will make it out. I mean, they would've just outright said no if licensing was an issue. I bet even if the Ideas model doesn't get made, it'll show up in Lego Dimensions, which seems to totally be their platform for new licensed sets. (Assuming Dimensions lasts for another couple of years.)

:music: