Happy 1st anniversary, Bionicle: The Journey to One! :)

Lenny7092

Hi, guys! Today is the first anniversary of Bionicle's Netflix show, Bionicle: The Journey to One! It was released on March 4, 2016 (Same age as a Disney movie called Zootopia, which coincidentally is about animals, like the show). The show is the first TV show that Bionicle ever had (though I don't like it being exclusive in Netflix because I don't like wasting my money for it. Why did it happen this way? Why couldn't it be in a TV channel, like Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon)?:( ). The show has four 22-minute main episodes, plus a shorter prologue.

The show takes place in the G2 universe, as the Toa Masters became Toa Uniters to find the Elemental Creatures and the Golden Masks of Unity, so they can find the Mask of Control. However, Umarak, the main-ish antagonist in the first three main episodes and the 2016 storyline, and his Shadow Traps are sent by Makuta, G2's main antagonist, to capture the Elemental Creatures and find the Mask for him. The Toa and Umarak race each other until Umarak got the mask and turned into Makuta's Destroyer. Makuta then sent Umarak to collect the lost pieces of the destroyed Mask of Ultimate Power and use them to open a portal that can help Makuta get out of the Shadow Realm. It's up to the Toa, along with their mentor named Ekimu the Mask Maker, go to stop and fight Umarak and Makuta. 

The show was well-liked by many people (heard that Netflix gave it three out of five stars). I watched and liked the show. It was good, but could've been better in terms of story. I liked the animation, which is 3-D (similar to Transformers: Robots in Disguise in 2015 and Iron Man: Armor Adventures, and 3-D is more adequate to our taste to Bionicle G2 than the 2015 Online Animations, which is 2-D). It's weird that it has 2-D-like bits (similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra), but it's reminds me of the Mata Nui Online Games. I also like the action, accuracy to the 2016 sets, voice acting because it's better than the 2015 Online Animations (more voice actors than one, too. Awesome!), comedy,  pacing until the fourth episode, and character development. It's very sad that the show ended in the same year it was released in, along with the G2 franchise itself, and I didn't like the rushing in the end of the G2 story in there, either.:( But, as I said, it is a good show. Not the best Lego TV show, but, still, a good show. I loved that Bionicle has a TV show for the first time. I thought it was a good way to celebrate Bionicle's 15th anniversary.:) 

If anyone likes this show, go celebrate! What's your favorite moment in there? For me, I liked the one where Pohatu learned that he has to Unite with Ketar on important occasions the hard way, Umarak the Destroyer going Hulk on the Toa, and Lewa being a comedy relief as he always does.:)

• Upvote 3

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Can't believe that it's been this long. To be honest, I believe that JtO is the best animation style that Lego has used for any of its non-website videos/movies. It really hearkens back to the old Hordika Animations (which are really underrated in my opinion). 

I too was disappointed with how short and rushed they seemed to be - even though season 1 wasn't sped up like season 2 was, it all felt a little bit condensed. 

Whatever the case may be, it was simultaneously a beautiful and a disappointing thing. Probably more on the beautiful side. 

• Upvote 2

bZpOwEr

Can't believe that it's been this long. To be honest, I believe that JtO is the best animation style that Lego has used for any of its non-website videos/movies. It really hearkens back to the old Hordika Animations (which are really underrated in my opinion). 

I too was disappointed with how short and rushed they seemed to be - even though season 1 wasn't sped up like season 2 was, it all felt a little bit condensed. 

Whatever the case may be, it was simultaneously a beautiful and a disappointing thing. Probably more on the beautiful side. 

Pretty much sums up what I would say. Love the style, love the acting, love that we got it, but sad that it was so short-lived.

• Upvote 3

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I can't believe this show is already one year old. It makes one wonder how the time flies by so fast.

Also, I still haven't watched any of the episodes thanks to me not having Netflix. I really need to change that. :P

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I can't believe this show is already one year old. It makes one wonder how the time flies by so fast.

Also, I still haven't watched any of the episodes thanks to me not having Netflix. I really need to change that. :P

Illegally watch them on YouTube.

That's what I did.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I watched them when they first came out on Netflix (borrowed my roommate's account :P ) I thought the temple that the mask of control was kept in was cool, plus it was exciting watching Ekimu's transformation into the "Toa of Light". Brought back memories of seeing MoL for the first time (even though yes, different story, different characters) But all in all it was enjoyable! Still bummed about how it all ended, was so hoping for more. :/

• Upvote 2

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Pretty much sums up what I would say. Love the style, love the acting, love that we got it, but sad that it was so short-lived.

Same. The show has great visuals and acting, and I love the fact that it is Bionicle's first TV show, but too bad it was so short-lived. I miss it.:( It's worth celebrating its 1st anniversary because of its positive qualities.:) 

Lego failed so horribly bad on G2 that I feel like these kinds of things hardly deserve an anniversary. But still, yes,a year it has been.

Like Lego never celebrated Bionicle's 15th anniversary in 2016? Yep. 2016 was an extremely sad year for how both the TV show and G2 ended. Plus, Bionicle isn't here or the show running this year, 2017.:( (crying in tears of sadness when remembering these terrible memories.)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I still refuse to acknowledge two 20-minute episodes as a "season."

I saw JTO illegally on YouTube and didn't care for it. The Miramax trilogy wasn't perfect, but it had so much more of a sense of purpose than JTO. I've heard one of the reasons G1 was canceled was because it was too strange and unhuman for fans to connect to, especially in the later years, but LEGO just made the opposite mistake with G2, watering BIONICLE down into something completely forgettable.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!