PLG Miru Nuva

Flintsmith

I've made six coppery ones and eight PLG and can make more.  Plenty for all.

Yes, they're dyed.  It's not clear what masks I can make but you're right that I start with silver.  My actual goal was PLG Avohkii but i've failed with both Flat Silver and Pearl Light Gray.  The dye bounces 99%.

I'm sure I could.  The problem is that the Proto Hau Nuva costs $20+shipping and there IS a failure rate. Call it $25.  Put the $15 on top of the $25.

Mirus cost 50 cents.

Like the trans-purple Kaukau.  I'll sell you one of those, but $40 and I'll not be making more.  The trans-clears are just too dear. 

I'm going to try PLG Hau Olda.

That mask is neat! Do you think you can make a PLG Hau Nuva?

Yes, they're dyed.  It's not clear what masks I can make but you're right that I start with silver.  My actual goal was PLG Avohkii but i've failed with both Flat Silver and Pearl Light Gray.  The dye bounces 99%.

Oh, this is sad, since I was hoping for PLG parts for Takanuva 2003 or Alternate Universe Teridax, but I think that all those parts are from same kind of plastic as Avohkii.

No.  That's a bad assumption.  LEGO feels free to make whatever decisions they want.

For instance, consider these white Rahkshi heads dyed purple.  Some take the dye, some resist.

The only way to know is to try a few from different sources.

Edited by Flintsmith

An update.  I had made 8 of the gold Miru, but they were a pale 14K gold, not the rich 18K gold that we like.  I re-dyed a couple with an orange color but it was SOOooo quick.

1) it's hard to stop it fast enough so some came out copper (they're all beautiful, but not the PLG goal), 2) I don't know what the quickness does to the durability.  I haven't had complaints about the previous dying, but that involves extended boiling at high temperature and these don't have that.  

I've just gotten in two new dyes that I hope will let me tune the color.

Do you plan on making more trans-purple Kaukau?

I won't.  They're made from clear masks and those are too expensive now.  I have some in a box though from LONG ago.  Want one?  I thought you were going to make your own.

Good to see you're still around, Flintsmith! Have you made/will you be making any G2 metal masks?

I really want to get back into metal masks.  I want to make the Mask Of Creation, and Krana sets in a variety of metals.  Plus, I owe Mask Collector a Cobalt mask.

Do you still have those metallic purple Haus for sale?

I have a variety of dyed masks and can make more.  I like the metallic green and the trans-orange ones.

An update.  I had made 8 of the gold Miru, but they were a pale 14K gold, not the rich 18K gold that we like.  I re-dyed a couple with an orange color but it was SOOooo quick.

1) it's hard to stop it fast enough so some came out copper (they're all beautiful, but not the PLG goal), 2) I don't know what the quickness does to the durability.  I haven't had complaints about the previous dying, but that involves extended boiling at high temperature and these don't have that.  

I've just gotten in two new dyes that I hope will let me tune the color.

Do you still have those metallic purple Haus for sale?

I have a variety of dyed masks and can make more.  I like the metallic green and the trans-orange ones.

Do you mind giving me a list of the color I can choose from?

Another question, why can't I send you messages?

Edited by bestcollector

I will take a trans purple Kaukau if you still have any :) love your work too

I tried dying masks black briefly, and started with a light blue Rau, tan Komau, and white Akaku, only the Rau took with some acetone, which did damage the mask slightly, but gave it a color very close to sand blue 

comparison   http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6431082

on Matoro tohunga   http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6431083

I love it and store it with my masks anyway!, you can see the details aren't as crisp, but at least I know black rits dye and light blue parts and testing will net something close to sand blue :)

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

• 3 weeks later...

I've made six coppery ones and eight PLG and can make more.  Plenty for all.

I'd love to hear if you ever pull of a PLG Avohkii! Also, would you be able to (and how much would it be) to dye some miscellaneous parts PLG? I was hoping to get the following for a Turaga Takanuva MOC: 2 angle 1 pieces (part #32013), 2 angle 3 pieces (part #32016), and 1 Kopaka blizzard blade (part #60924). Thanks for any help.