If there had been other guides...

Wiriamu

So I'm sure I'm not the only one who enjoyed Rahi Beasts, Dark Hunters, and the various other guides that came out back in G1. Bionicle gave us a pretty good set, but have you ever wished for more? In particular, some more guides along the lines of Rahi Beast and Dark Hunters but for various organizations or character classes would have been cool. Ideally there would have been a couple more contests to go along with them, otherwise you'd have to pack the Order of Mata Nui, Brotherhood of Makuta, and various others like Artakha and Karzahni into one guide. If we could have gotten a contest or two, we could have gotten a guide for:

• Order of Mata Nui
  • Toa
  • Brotherhood of Makuta
  • Spherus Magna
  • Miscellaneous (Barraki, Artakha, Tren Krom, etc.)
  • Upvote 2

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

That would have been awesome. The guides have always been one of my favorite ways to get pure, raw worldbuilding. Even so, I do get the sensation that G1 had enough guides. It's a matter of being thankful for what you have, I think.

Now, HF and G2 guides, on the other hand... that would have been a great way to give those lines the sense of fullness they needed. But then again, how well did the guides actually sell? Maybe that's one of the many extraneous costs that led to G1's cancelation, and LEGO didn't want to lose any more money making guides on later lines. It's a sad thought, but I can't imagine any other reason no other line received the attention to detail G1 did.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I wasn't really left wanting for guides in G1, but it is a shame that G2 never got any sort of books like the lavishly illustrated guides produced by AMEET Studio—books like Makuta's Guide to the Universe, or more recently, the Nexo Knights books The Book of Monsters and The Knights' Code.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I wasn't really left wanting for guides in G1, but it is a shame that G2 never got any sort of books like the lavishly illustrated guides produced by AMEET Studio—books like Makuta's Guide to the Universe, or more recently, the Nexo Knights books The Book of Monsters and The Knights' Code.

Indeed.

Honestly the main appeal for me for other guides would have been to flesh out the Order of Mata Nui and other less emphasized groups a bit.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge