Full Toa Hagah Team With Custom 3D Printed Masks

00dude00

Dude, these are freaking awesome. I would love to buy some of these masks and make my own Toa Hagah if I can get everything in order. I just have one question, what paint did you use on these masks?

• Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Dude, nice! The whole group looks great! My favorite of the bunch is probably Bomonga. If I were to order any of these, I'll definitely start with that one.

Thanks! I love Bomonga's mask as well; his and Gaaki's were definitely the two hardest to rework from their original forms but I feel like I managed to keep the feel of the original while also greatly improving upon it. Not sure if you noticed, but because his mask is the mask of growth I tried to incorporate a tree pattern into his mask! I actually tried to think about all of the mask's power's when designing them and if you look closely maybe you can figure out what I was thinking with some of the others  ;)

Dude, these are freaking awesome. I would love to buy some of these masks and make my own Toa Hagah if I can get everything in order. I just have one question, what paint did you use on these masks?

Thank you! I definitely love having my team sitting up on my shelf to look at. I actually just used some matte black spray paint as primer and then just picked up some "DecoArt" Acrylic paint from my local craft store. I had to get a couple of them for the gold color and mix em together to match the Lego gold, but I was actually able to find a silver color that matched almost exactly! To finish it off I used a matte clear sealer (spray can). I know a lot of people like using the "made specifically for models" paints like citadel but TBH you can find ones that work just as well for a lot cheaper.

I've been waiting for someone to do something like this for a long time!
It's awesome to see how the whole team would have looked like in real life. Kualus is my favourite, I really wish he was released as a set.

You also did an awesome job at repainting those golden parts, I can't tell the difference between them and the ones that actually come in gold.

• Upvote 1

hidron_nuva_idea.png

These are some sic pieces; probably the best Toa Hagah I've seen since I ran across jimmybob83's set:

1_toa_hagah.jpg

Definitely give you props on the custom masks; his utilized repainted Hero Factory helmets and Bionicle knockoff masks. While I like both, I would say I think yours have a more uniform look to them-which makes sense for a Toa team-and their masks have more of a classic, genuine Bionicle feel.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

I surely love their looks. They really look like a decent wave of set. I would buy these to complete my Hagah team, if I could.

The custom masks are great, and I gotta to say, I love the patterns to use for the torso armors and the shoulder armors as well as the colors. 

Very well done.

Beautiful.  I love the even distribution of gold and silver armor, and which armor goes with which color.  The best thing I like about this is that they're all clearly cut from the same cloth while still having identities of their own.  If you showed these to me in 2005 and told me these were actually gonna come out as sets, I'd believe you.  (Well, post-2009 hands and articulated shoulders aside, I'm just talking about the design choices.

Plus, you can never go wrong using a Knights Kingdom sword as a spearhead.

Congrats on being featured.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Truly worthy of being featured material. Epic job on all of them. They are all impressively cohesive, in terms of design and color scheme. 

:tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

These are really awesome. To begin, printed items can always have their faults but these all look like they came out really well quality wise. What I love about these masks is not only do they look cool and are fitting for each respective Toa, but they match very well with the two toa we have had officially developed. Well done and I love that you built these in the style of the 05 sets (with a few slight upgrades.)

• 4 months later...

CURSE YOU ZERO DUDE!!!

When I first ran across these masks a week or two ago, I have to honestly say I despised them -- especially Kualus's mask. But now, you have me hooked. I want them. I want all four of them. I want them so bad I can't stand it. And I am having a very hard debate with myself whether I can afford to shell out the eighty bucks for them or not.

I've been looking for a suitable mask for Kualus for ages. I tried literally every mask Bionicle has ever made in silver and light pearl gray (with the exception of the Nuva masks, because everyone knows they look hideous on Metru heads), and nothing looked right. Nothing screamed at me, "I am Kualus's mask! Put me on him!"

So I've just been using Nuju Metru's mask, and forcing myself to accept the fact that it's white instead of silver.

Until I saw these guys...

These are by far the best custom masks I've ever seen. Kudos on a job VERY well done. I wish I had all four of them to put on my Hagah.

Edited by Toa Meikhaal