Expanded Multiverse Discussion Topic

Is it possible that I submit the Matoran Kanohi names I came up with for the EM?

:r: :e: :g: :i: :t: :n: :u: :i:

Elemental Rahi in Gen2, anyone? A write-up for an initial video for a G2 plot

I really wish everyone would stop trying to play join the dots with Gen 1 and Gen 2 though,it seems there's a couple new threads everyday and often they're duplicates of already existing conversations! Or simply parallel them with a slightly new 'twist'! Gen 2 is NEW, it is NOT Gen 1 and it is NOT a continuation. Outside of the characters we already have I personally don't want to see ANY old characters return. I think it will cheapen the whole experience to those of us familiar with the original line...

Yeah, that's fine, Regit. :)

Hardest part for me? coming up with a reason for Mata Nui to still go on his quest with Ackar. Not saying any more or spoilers. :P

If you wanna PM me I might be able to help you think of one, so others wouldn't see spoilers. Up to you, though. :) I'm usually pretty good with things like that (both the Paracosmos and my retelling often face such challenges).

• Upvote 2

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Yeah, that's fine, Regit. :)

Hardest part for me? coming up with a reason for Mata Nui to still go on his quest with Ackar. Not saying any more or spoilers. :P

If you wanna PM me I might be able to help you think of one, so others wouldn't see spoilers. Up to you, though. :) I'm usually pretty good with things like that (both the Paracosmos and my retelling often face such challenges).

Sure I'll run my ideas by you if your not busy. I'll get back to you tomorrow with it. My puppy just had surgery and I'm busy watching him. ^_^

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Kanohi Sakon

AKA: The mask of Craft Animation 

Power: Allows the user to create constructs from nearby drawings, sculptures, and or carvings. The mask is not giving life to the constructs merely allowing them movement and in the case of the drawings form. Drawn/Carved things will be made from the material that they were on prior to animation. The user is in control of the constructs moment. The Mask converts ambient energy to create the construct transforming it into a animate statue of what the image is being interpreted as and made of what the drawing was on. But the mask also needs a focus in the form of the source so if any damage happens to the source drawing the construct would return to ambient energy and vanish. Statues that are controlled by the mask are merely made to move as the user commands.

Limits: The Great Mask can create up to three constructs from Drawings and can allow the user to control a statue about 4 Bio in size as long as the user focuses. Noble can only create a single construct and can only control a statue of about the height of a Toa.

Hope it's ok to double post. But I at long last have the Kanohi Sakon's sprite design ready for you guys.

d18a21aa50Uax.png

What do you guys think? Hope you all like it. Bones do what ya got to do my friend to add it to the EM.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 2 weeks later...

The formatting in the Official Expanded Multiverse Reference Topic seems to have melted down, and it's making things hard to read. How long has it been like that?

Also, have you considered making a wiki for all this for easy reference?

Bones is doing his best to fix it from what I was told.

Hmm the wiki idea has a sound reasoning to it. What does everyone else think? I personally like the idea and I'd be willing to help as much as I can.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

Yeah, the formatting thing is on my to-do list. I almost got to it a few weeks ago, but other stuff came up, and now no idea when I will. If somebody wants to quote the posts, fix in the quote, and PM them to me, that would be cool. But if not, I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. (If you do, say so in the topic so we don't have multiple people doing the same task. :P)

We had a wiki, and I still have save files of most of the content that was supposed to be put into the pinned ref topic. The format glitch is part of why I haven't been so eager to finish putting it there. The site that we used for the wiki stopped offering wikis, so it was no longer an option. Whether there are better options now I don't know. Regardless, Bionicle coming back officially is a great reason to make these things a higher priority, so I don't think it'll be put off tooooooooooo much longer. We'll see, though.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

• 2 weeks later...

We had a wiki, and I still have save files of most of the content that was supposed to be put into the pinned ref topic. The format glitch is part of why I haven't been so eager to finish putting it there. The site that we used for the wiki stopped offering wikis, so it was no longer an option. Whether there are better options now I don't know. Regardless, Bionicle coming back officially is a great reason to make these things a higher priority, so I don't think it'll be put off tooooooooooo much longer. We'll see, though.

Sorry for replying so late to this. It slipped my mind till now.  :headbonk:

Anyway if it is ok with Bones I'm going to see about wiki creation for the Bionicle EU. I think a Wiki would be much more simple to main tain since we'd have the power to edit pages and not have to worry about it becoming Coding-bones.  ^_^

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the formatting thing is on my to-do list. I almost got to it a few weeks ago, but other stuff came up, and now no idea when I will. If somebody wants to quote the posts, fix in the quote, and PM them to me, that would be cool. But if not, I'm sure I'll get to it eventually. (If you do, say so in the topic so we don't have multiple people doing the same task. :P)

I tried. I had to make 4 PM-post-thingamawhatevers to do it...scrooooll dooown. 

I also have mask suggestion to submit to the EM: 

Kanohi Totanaahi - the Mask of Too Many Masks

Upon activation, the Totanaahi places every Expanded Multiverse Mask ever invented on a target (i.e. enemy's) face at the rate of one Kanohi per second. The amount of concentration of the user determines whether the masks stay on the target's face or fall off. Only works on Mask wearing species.

The user does not have to maintain concentration to keep the masks coming. However, if the mask is destroyed, the Kanohi will stop coming, and the user can forcibly shut it off when their target is suitably incapacitated. The Great Version can produce masks of Great, Noble, or Matoran power levels per each activation, the Noble Version can only produce Noble or Matoran versions. 

A Mask of Too Many Masks seem both overpowered and redundant. I find this mask to be a bit too simple.-

-Tomdroidser

Featuring: Arkham Firefly/The LEGO Movie Quiz

Now Entering: The Rise of DarkSaber
Two personal thanks to Black Six for Proto Boost.
(Expired) Topics: HF MOC BBC #69 Entry: Jaller Inika Rebuilt 

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

I tried. I had to make 4 PM-post-thingamawhatevers to do it...scrooooll dooown. 

I also have mask suggestion to submit to the EM: 

Kanohi Totanaahi - the Mask of Too Many Masks

Upon activation, the Totanaahi places every Expanded Multiverse Mask ever invented on a target (i.e. enemy's) face at the rate of one Kanohi per second. The amount of concentration of the user determines whether the masks stay on the target's face or fall off. Only works on Mask wearing species.

The user does not have to maintain concentration to keep the masks coming. However, if the mask is destroyed, the Kanohi will stop coming, and the user can forcibly shut it off when their target is suitably incapacitated. The Great Version can produce masks of Great, Noble, or Matoran power levels per each activation, the Noble Version can only produce Noble or Matoran versions. 

A bit too wacky for the EU. May find a home some where but not here. Good try though.

Bionicle is amazing.

Legends Never Die!

• 4 weeks later...

After so long since my last mask suggestion post, I just thought of a new one.

Mask of Maintanance

Allows the user's body to become a living toolbox. While in use, the mask can function as a sort of automated pit crew AI that can repair the mechanical parts of the user/object/others, upgrade preexisting parts, or can replace organic parts with mechanical parts.

I think this description is not complete, so I'll probably update this post at a later time.

-Tomdroidser

There is no such thing as perfection, except in being yourself.kanohi_avkama.gif

• 1 month later...

After so long since my last mask suggestion post, I just thought of a new one.

Mask of Maintanance

Allows the user's body to become a living toolbox. While in use, the mask can function as a sort of automated pit crew AI that can repair the mechanical parts of the user/object/others, upgrade preexisting parts, or can replace organic parts with mechanical parts.

I think this description is not complete, so I'll probably update this post at a later time.

-Tomdroidser

I like this a lot  :D 

The way I imagine it is that (with the great version at least) the mask is always on at a low level, maintaining the user's armour and gear. They can then focus the mask's power to repair damaged items or upgrade items, probably in about half the time it would take to do it normally? Replacing organic parts seems to fit in, though one of its limitations should be being unable to repair damage to organics. The mask might also need material to work with so it can repair things?

Anyway, really like this idea, just think it could use some refinement  ^_^ 

Astris Janus

Right, new forum, new signature. Or, at least, a reboot.

20795.jpg

Dual Sides; An Expanded Multiverse Epic

Bionicle Anime: Toa Mata

"If at first you don't succeed, redefine success."
- Anonymous

Hi,

I had a question, and I read the EM guide v3, but didn't seem to catch the answer to it. As such, I'll ask it here:

Is it be possible to travel in/out of Aethion's universes via Kanohi Olmak? Say an individual in any other universe (Core, Melding, Toa Empire, Kingdom, etc) had possession of an Olmak. Would they be able to reach the Expanded Multiverse? And would they be able to get back out?

I'm short on time right now but didn't want to lose track of the above question so lemme answer real quick -- yes, Olmaks from outside the EM will work normally inside it. :)

(As far as we defined, and as far as I recall... though if you want to have something go wrong with it, I'd throw this into the category of things that could vary, so are left up to you, since you could get story potential out of that either way. :))

NOTE TO SELF: still have to look at earlier submissions... and yeah... finish putting in the format fixes. I was too focused on the Memoirs contest to do that yet... but since that's done, EM is back on top of the priority list. :D

• Upvote 1

That will take another two years. :P

Actually, I was wondering if my services could be useful again. The original Shards topic was lost, and while bones probably has that data somewhere, I don't. As I understand it the big hassle was comparing the old forum topic with the new one to make sure all the reposts were accounted for correctly, etc.  

I'm pretty sure I still have everything (and backed up). Just didn't have time.

Top priority is putting in the right format in the ref topic (since that should be easy). Then Shards. :)

Edit: Alright, have some time for answers now...

Komali -- it's alright with me, I just suspect it won't work (an EM wiki).

fishers' mask suggestion -- I'm a little confused by it. Is it a serious entry? :P Sounds like it's granting an enemy lots of masks.

tom's mask suggestion -- Seems to work! I agree it might need a bit of clarification, though, like how does the body becoming a toolbox work? I'm imagining the armor changes shapes, basically, so they become something like a Gadget. Does that sound about right?

fishers, I think right now the main thing that's needed is my checking each entry. I was some amount through the list (in a saved copy of each one) when I ran out of time, I just need to continue. After that, help might be possible, but for now, not really.

Edit2: Alright, format fixes from fishers put in. :) I think I should rearrange the topic, though, so there'll be many posts for expansion for the fan-submitted masks, especially so images for the existing ones can be added. Since the BP masks section ran into an image number problem, it might be best to only have a certain number of masks per post. Perhaps even a separate topic should be made, but I'm thinking actually I should just put all other content before masks, since that's obviously the most popular subject for future expansion.

Not sure where that falls on the priority list compared to Shards, we'll see. I'd also like to get the old wiki saved content in soonish. We'll see about that too. It's all somewhere at the top of the priority list. :P

Edited by bonesiii

tom's mask suggestion -- Seems to work! I agree it might need a bit of clarification, though, like how does the body becoming a toolbox work? I'm imagining the armor changes shapes, basically, so they become something like a Gadget. Does that sound about right?

Now that you say it, I was thinking that my mask suggestion works like Inspector Gadget, but instead of an absurd amount of gadgets it would have, as I described in my mask description, things you can imagine a race car pit crew using.

-Tomdroidser

Edit: Now I'm thinking more like a sort of R2-D2 would work better.

Edited by tomdroidser

• 1 year later...

Question about Plasma.

I understand that the EM was created before a lot of the secondary Matoran element colors and prefixes were canonized.  But the canon version (Su-Matoran, orange and white) and EM versions (Io-Matoran, rust-colored) of Plasma Matoran are completely different.  It seems like for some types of Matoran, both the canon and EM prefixes are interchangeable, but I see nothing for Plasma.  They're still just Io.

Let's say I made up my own Toa of Plasma for the canon universe (called himself a Su-Matoran, is white and orange), and I'm thinking of making an EM version of him too.  Can the canon color scheme still fit into the EM, or would I have to redesign the EM version to fit the original description?

Not trying to complain here, I just wanna know how this all works.

• 4 weeks later...