The Legend Continues - Art

Tufi Piyufi

The Legend Continues - Art Division

Once again, Bionicle has taken a bow and disappeared behind the curtain. It was awesome to see it return, definitely, but it's no secret there was meant to be just a little bit more. In fact, you can get a glimpse of what could have been thanks to The Art of LEGO BIONICLE. It's full of gorgeous artwork of the people, places, and things that made up the second generation, as well as what could have been. We're very grateful to LEGO for putting this book together for the fans.

But it doesn't exist solely as a PDF. Oh no. BZPower has several very beautiful and 100% tangible books we want to put in your hands. You won't find this in any bookstore; only 100 copies have been printed. It's a rare piece of Bionicle memorabilia, and it can be yours. How?

One of the ways you can win a book is by whipping up some art of something you would have liked to see in G2 Bionicle. Put your own spin on one of the concepts showcased in the book. Show us a showdown between the forces of good and their next adversaries. Breathe life into an Okotan landscape, or somewhere new. A picture could be worth a brand-new book!

-------------------------

You have from now until Tuesday, June 13 at 11:59 PM EDT to submit your entries. To submit your entries, just use this handy form. Only one entry per person per category, please.

Voting:

Preliminary Voting begins June 14th and ends June 17th at 11:59 P.M. EST.
Final Voting begins June 18th and ends June 20th at 11:59 P.M. EST.
The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on June 21st.

Rules:

1) Entries may not have been posted on BZPower prior to the start of the contest. It can be posted anywhere else before the contest, but it must never have been seen before on BZPower. Once entered, entries cannot be modified: you're committed to what you've entered. If you withdraw your entry, you cannot enter again that contest. If your entry is disqualified, you cannot enter again that contest.

2) A variety of media are permitted, such as drawing, painting, and modelling. Other media are allowed at the discretion of the contest hosts.

3) Keep it clean, keep it civil. No flaming, no whining. Unsporting conduct will just get you disqualified.

4) Campaigning for votes (mass-PMing, etc), using multiple accounts to skew voting, and sundry other methods of cheating are only going to end in tears for you. Trust us: we'll know when you're doing it.

---------------------------------------

Prizes:

First place will receive a physical copy of The Art of LEGO Bionicle and their choice of 71316 Umarak the Destroyer or 71311 Kopaka and Melum - Unity Set. Second place will receive their choice of an Uniter Toa and their matching Creature. Third place will receive their choice of 71313 Lava Beast, 71314 Storm Beast, or 71315 Quake Beast. Thanks to LEGO for providing the prizes!

---------------------------------------

Contest Hosts:

Tufi Piyufi
Black Six

Well, what are you waiting for? Keep Bionicle going!
  • Upvote 2
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

Must the piece be one picture, image, model, thing or can it be a collection of pictures, images, model, things (such as, as an example, a comic book)?

Tufi has been waiting on me to talk about this - we'll get you an answer soon!

Does the image have to be static, can it have animated elements?

See above.

Am I right to assume digital art is allowed?

Yes, that's fine.

Must the piece be one picture, image, model, thing or can it be a collection of pictures, images, model, things (such as, as an example, a comic book)?

I'm also curious if it can be a collection of works. Regardless, you'll be seeing an entry from me!

You can have as many pictures as you like in your topic, but you will need to submit a single static image for your entry picture.

Hi everyone ! how do we know if you get our art ? Thanks ! : )

In the next few days, we'll have lists up to keep track of all the entries in each category.

How does linking work? I understand that you paste the URL, but does it matter what site it's from? Could I link it to a post on my Instagram?

Sorry if I'm maybe overthinking but I'm new to forums. I've been having difficulty linking images when trying to start a new topic (the preview kept claiming an incompatible file extension although the images were .png or .jpg) and I wasn't sure if this worked the same way.

Thanks!

I need a refresher on the Art Guidelines because the condensed version is missing the rules about violence and whatnot. What were the rules on depicting violence? [i'm on a bit of a skull-drawing habit and I want to know where the lines are drawn.]

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

How does linking work? I understand that you paste the URL, but does it matter what site it's from? Could I link it to a post on my Instagram?

Sorry if I'm maybe overthinking but I'm new to forums. I've been having difficulty linking images when trying to start a new topic (the preview kept claiming an incompatible file extension although the images were .png or .jpg) and I wasn't sure if this worked the same way.

Thanks!

You could use a link to an Instagram picture, yes. Could you PM me the URLs you're trying to post as images, so I can help you more specifically and without accidentally disqualifying those pictures from entry?

I need a refresher on the Art Guidelines because the condensed version is missing the rules about violence and whatnot. What were the rules on depicting violence? [i'm on a bit of a skull-drawing habit and I want to know where the lines are drawn.]

Nothing brutal. No guts, minimal blood. If you think it might be crossing the line, it probably is.

Just to make sure-- we're allowed to enter into multiple categories, just not to submit multiple entries into the same category, correct?

Edit: Sorry, had a brain fart last night after re-reading the "one entry per person per category" part.

Edited by Matau228

Just to make sure-- we're allowed to enter into multiple categories, just not to submit multiple entries into the same category, correct?

Edit: Sorry, had a brain fart last night after re-reading the "one entry per person per category" part.

Yep, that's exactly it.

Just to be sure, is there a specific size/dimension limit to the official entry image/file? Can it be as large as I want (within reason obviously) as long as the images embedded in the entry's topic adhere to the board limits?

There's no limit to either, but I'd advise against making it onerous for the voter to view your entry.