Miss Red Wire

34963941396_73fff0a547_z.jpg

miss_red_wire_1.jpg_thumb.jpgmiss_red_wire_3.jpg_thumb.jpg

Brickshelf Gallery

Apparently It's been five years since I first put together the feet. Although she has been finished for about a year now, I just never got around to taking pictures.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more illegal connections than legal, and I'm not entirely kidding when I say that. As a result, and also due to her size and unstable foot design, posing her was somewhat challenging. And when I say "somewhat" I mean "very."

This is probably my last MOC for a while, so I hope you enjoy it.

Edited by ~Legoman~
  • Upvote 6

My Brickshelf and my Flickr
Shouldn't we read the instructions?

Do I look like a sissy?

~ Calvin and Hobbes

Hmm, I've never been fond of fragile models on general principle. It's hard to have fun with something that falls apart easily. The design very much carries over the lady robot look, though the weird mass of tubing within her head feels very alien compared to the rest of the body. The hero factory panels on her lower leg's also stick out quite a bit. Still, the model is shaped very well, and outside of he lower legs everything flows very well from one piece to the next. This very much helps give the model and effeminate shape. The silver and orange colour scheme also works well so for that I 'd say this is a good model.

• Upvote 1

Looking at her I can see parts that look as if they are held in place by nothing but luck.

The design is wonderful.

Basic color scheme but you make up for that with the creativity in her design. Every part of the MOC catches your eye. Once you think you understand it something else is revealed.

Just fantastic.

10/10

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

• 2 weeks later...

Whoops, forgot to reply to these.

Hmm, I've never been fond of fragile models on general principle. It's hard to have fun with something that falls apart easily. The design very much carries over the lady robot look, though the weird mass of tubing within her head feels very alien compared to the rest of the body. The hero factory panels on her lower leg's also stick out quite a bit. Still, the model is shaped very well, and outside of he lower legs everything flows very well from one piece to the next. This very much helps give the model and effeminate shape. The silver and orange colour scheme also works well so for that I 'd say this is a good model.

I used to agree with you, but as I MOCed more I kept using more and more illegal/exotic connections because they simply allow so much more to be done with the parts. After the photo shoot, I don't handle my MOCs until it's time to part them out, so aesthetics are king to me. It just has to look good in pictures and on my shelf. And I may have exaggerated the fragility, there's only a couple parts that you really need to be careful about which are easy to avoid once you know how to handle her. The bigger issue is stability while posing which is a combination of being a fairly tall and heavy MOC with only single-jointed knees, ankles, and hips, and the small contact surface area of the feet. Plus I was trying to pose her with her feet close together, which didn't help with the balance.
As for the knee caps, in general I think they improve flow, especially when she's standing straight. I think it would help if the larger HF armor on the shins were orange, as well. I think I'd need to order one more of those, though, so for now it's a no-go. I would have liked to make the entire lower leg and foot orange, but some parts don't exist in orange.
Thanks.

Looking at her I can see parts that look as if they are held in place by nothing but luck.

The design is wonderful.
Basic color scheme but you make up for that with the creativity in her design. Every part of the MOC catches your eye. Once you think you understand it something else is revealed.

Just fantastic.
10/10

Not luck, just skill :P

Thank you.

My Brickshelf and my Flickr
Shouldn't we read the instructions?

Do I look like a sissy?

~ Calvin and Hobbes