G3 Wish List

If or when a third generation of Bionicle is created what do you hope to see in it.

What characters would you want.

What setting.

What plot points.

Do you want something completely new for the franchise.

Do you want technic, CCBS, or a mix?

The sky's not even the limit for this theme. Have an idea say it.

Note:

This topic is not ment to be a place to argue, so please keep it civil and respect other members ideas.

So what do you want in Bionicle G3?

• Upvote 3

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I wish for...

-Lots of little polybag Rahi sets, possibly a random one per bag and definitely collectible

-A team of heroes with familiar names.  I don't care if it's the Mata, Metru, Inika, or even the Chronicler's Company, just some familiar faces.

-To rival the team of revived heroes, a team of revived villains.  Ahkmou, Vultraz, Mavrah, Nidhiki, Metus, and Tuyet.

-While we're at it, I also wish this 'team of traitors' sticks around longer than just one wave - preferably acting as long-term rivals over the series' entire run.

-A free online game in the spirit of MNOG to flesh out the world...

I think one of the great points in MNOG's favor was that it was a game.  Everybody loves video games.  Every five-year-old who wanted to start learning about Bionicle's world could play MNOG and have fun with it.

-And finally, more focus on the Matoran and ordinary villagers.  Stories about ordinary people doing extraordinary things.

One thing.  I do want to make it clear I do NOT want a carbon copy of Gen1.  Gen1 already happened and was good.  Gen2 tried really hard to copy it and was nowhere near as good.  So no, don't try copying Gen1.  Taking ideas and inspirations from Gen1, though, and putting new spins and twists on them is fair game.

• Upvote 3

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

I would like G3, if it happens, to ditch CCBS, everything is just too big, expensive too, storywise I would like it to be set in the same continuity as G1, but starting fresh, with exciting new locations, maybe somewhere cold to start, masks should become proper collectibles again, and be compatible with mata heads.

Edited by ToaKumo

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

My only wish for G3 really is for them to use a more specialized variant of CCBS, more like how it was in BIONICLE's early days, that being incorporating more Technic. As well as having more specialized stylized parts, like new shells and add on pieces.

• Upvote 2

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

My wish for G3 is what was my wish for G2 ; A reboot in the form of a far-future continuation of G1.

It would take place on the new Spherus Magna, renamed Mata-nui because of the legends of the past. There would be 6 main regions, each with their villagers and elders.

The Turaga could have familiar names, such as the Inika (with maybe Kualus or Krakua to fill in for Matoro), or even the Mata, leaving the place for a new generation of hero.

The old story would be barely mentionned, to keep things simple for the new audience. Just here and there for some references for us old-timers, but nothing too specific.

All that had gone before would only exist as legends. 

The group of villain could have something to do with Makuta, but nothing like a direct connection to him, just some kind of disciples who cherish the legend of the dark lord, that mytical entity that is only known from tales of a long time ago. These new vilains could have been inspired by his accomplishment, and even wish for his return without it happening, but they would be their own beings with their objectives and goals.

And there you have it, a new world built from the old one, who would be perfect for new kids to get into, and would hold just enough of the original Bionicle lore to satisfy a old fan like me, who grew up with the 6 Heroes who had one destiny.

Edited by Starset
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

My wish for G3 is to finally see the Toa Mata as elders. Having them be the wise ones gives us older fans the idea that the original Bionicle had reached its Destiny by giving rise to a new unique generation.

We don't have to be on Okoto or Spheres Magna just having elder characters with those names would give me joy.

• Upvote 1

I will be honest, for a Possible G3 I don't want them reusing old characters. I want an entire new cast of characters, like they do with Final Fantasy; Every new game on the series is completely dependent from another(save from some exceptions), but share common elements. That said, I'd like:

- some collectible packs of some kind

- more specialized pieces and unique buildings for each character, no more clone sets

- more mix between CCBS and Technic

- a free game with the impact of mnog

- obligatory 6 toa sized sets, 6 matoran sized sets, and maybe 3 titans

- SomeAnimals/Rahi to fill this new world.

• Upvote 1

I was a huge fan of G1 and G2, but there are definitely things I'd love to see done differently in a hypothetical G3.

• More female characters
  • Better character-driven storytelling (focused more on individual character development than on complex worldbuilding and backstories)
  • More consistent lore (with fewer contradictions between media)
  • Buildable props and settings (possibly in the form of minifigure-scale playsets) in addition to figure play
  • Villagers and creature sets in addition to the main heroes and villains
  • CCBS/Technic-based figures with diverse body types, distinct action features, and high posability (possibly including individually articulated fingers and expressive faces)
  • Media including a theatrical "Lego Bionicle Movie" in the Lego Movie cinematic universe
  • Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Alright, so - 

In about a decade, Lego posts pics on social media with what resembles a sheet of metal sticking out the the sand with holes in it. As a counter decreases, the sand is progressively blown away to reveal a dented and rusted Vahi culminating in an announcement of Bionicle G3. It's a far-far future continuation of G1, meaning same universe but so distant in time that none of the baggage of the convoluted lore would carry over, but references would be aplenty. 

I'd love to see the stories and events of G1 fade into the legends of G3 with few left to remember them. Matoran and Toa would be near extinction due to having no means of reproducing. Now, the Red Star is one of my biggest gripes with G1, so I'd like to see it redeemed in G3 by returning the sense of mystery. The story would center on a returning cast of Toa, Matoran and Turaga who are mixed and matched from various former "teams" with several characters having died or changed (like Tahu would be a Turaga, Onua would be dead, Kapura would be a Toa, etc...). The overarching plot would focus on the Red Star, with the first few beats being them learning what it actually did (revive people) and then moving on to them trying to repair it. 

In terms of sets, I'd love to see more fabric pieces and a blend of CCBS and Technic. More small sets would be welcome, and I could see playsets making a return as well. 

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

Hmm.

For characters, maybe focus more on Matoran and Turaga and stuff, have the story focus more on their roles in whatever troubles are going on in the world. Toa would still be there, and would pass through every once in a while, but it wouldn't be as focused on them. More of a civilian based team.

Setting, maybe something between 01-02 Mata Nui and Voya Nui. The lush jungles and other environments of Mata Nui, but with a darker, twisted, mutated sort of setting like Voya Nui.

Plot points, idk. I mean, I could come up with a whole story for it, but there isn't really anything specific I would look for or anything. Maybe something like Metroid Fusion, a bit? Fitting in with the twisted, mutated setting, some virus or rogue Protodermis or something that has begun infecting the world. Something like that might be cool.

I wouldn't want something completely new for the franchise, but I would like it to have themes of earlier Bionicle (G1). I wouldn't want them to completely rehash characters and plot points and everything, though. We could do with a new set of Matoran/Turaga/Toa/enemies/etc.

For the types of pieces, I'd like the blend they used in 01-02. Fairly based in constraction, but with a good dose of Technic as well, for functions and creatures and stuff.

I'd also like there to be more cool small sets like the Rahaga (in contrast to the Matoran in like the Karda Nui era, just too boring).

Maybe branching out in elements a bit, too? I'd like them to keep the normal six elements, but adding another one or two elements of characters and areas and stuff would be pretty cool.

edit: Oh yeah, more Rahi sets (and preferably smaller Rahi sets), and more consistency in lore. It would also need something like MNOG right when it starts to establish the setting, atmosphere, and basic story of the series. I honestly feel like that was one reason G2 failed, it didn't establish a specific feel of the world early on, or even at all, really.

Edited by Kopekemaster
  • Upvote 1
rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I was a huge fan of G1 and G2, but there are definitely things I'd love to see done differently in a hypothetical G3.

• More female characters
  • Better character-driven storytelling (focused more on individual character development than on complex worldbuilding and backstories)
  • More consistent lore (with fewer contradictions between media)
  • Buildable props and settings (possibly in the form of minifigure-scale playsets) in addition to figure play
  • Villagers and creature sets in addition to the main heroes and villains
  • CCBS/Technic-based figures with diverse body types, distinct action features, and high posability (possibly including individually articulated fingers and expressive faces)
  • Media including a theatrical "Lego Bionicle Movie" in the Lego Movie cinematic universe

This sums up much of what I would like in a new generation.

Alright, so - 

In about a decade, Lego posts pics on social media with what resembles a sheet of metal sticking out the the sand with holes in it. As a counter decreases, the sand is progressively blown away to reveal a dented and rusted Vahi culminating in an announcement of Bionicle G3. It's a far-far future continuation of G1, meaning same universe but so distant in time that none of the baggage of the convoluted lore would carry over, but references would be aplenty. 

I'd love to see the stories and events of G1 fade into the legends of G3 with few left to remember them. Matoran and Toa would be near extinction due to having no means of reproducing. Now, the Red Star is one of my biggest gripes with G1, so I'd like to see it redeemed in G3 by returning the sense of mystery. The story would center on a returning cast of Toa, Matoran and Turaga who are mixed and matched from various former "teams" with several characters having died or changed (like Tahu would be a Turaga, Onua would be dead, Kapura would be a Toa, etc...). The overarching plot would focus on the Red Star, with the first few beats being them learning what it actually did (revive people) and then moving on to them trying to repair it. 

In terms of sets, I'd love to see more fabric pieces and a blend of CCBS and Technic. More small sets would be welcome, and I could see playsets making a return as well. 

This would be interesting, especially if it gave us a chance to get some characters as sets that we haven't yet-the other four Hagah, Lariska, Varian, Tuyet, Artakha, Helryx...black-and-gold Karzahni with an actual Olisi as opposed to a pair of green Pridak feet is probably off the table given his demise, unless they reverse Greg's revelation about the Red Star's inability to revive beings outside the actual Matoran universe.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Once again, a hard reboot. Familiar names and personalities (probably at least the Mata) alongside new ones. The storytelling should be consistent and readily available. In particular, I'd love a great game with which to immerse in the setting and lore from the beginning, MNOG style.

As for sets, I would hope for something pretty similar to G2. CCBS must stay -  what would replace it, the tired Inika build, or some even more constrained setup? And surely G2, 2016 especially, did show us a blend of CCBS and technic.

• Upvote 1

00_gaeas_reaper.jpgjrfightmeditatesmaller.gif00_shadowboxer.jpg

Timageness' Magical G3 Wishlist

New Characters

Loved the Mata, but as with G1, their time is over. Let them remain in legend where they belong.

Granted, they can still be alluded to, whether a continuation or not, but if you're going to go around changing their personalities and such, you might as well just create a brand new team from scratch. Plus, part of the reason why we liked them so much was because we were there to watch them grow and develop. We already know Tahu and Kopaka are going to fight, Lewa's going to be sarcastic, Gali is horrible at telling jokes, and Pohatu and Onua are going to be too busy bro-fisting most of the time to even notice. While seeing some of that in G2 was sort of nostalgic in its own way, it was honestly also a little stale and predictable. The Legend of Korra managed to pull this off rather nicely, so I don't see why Bionicle couldn't do something similar.

New Elements

Say what you want about Lego changing up Lewa's Element for G2, but it was still nice to see a Toa of Plantlife get some much deserved spotlight, given that it originally started off as a more exotic one.

Truth be told, I wouldn't mind deviating from the "Main Six" entirely. It's 2017. We don't need another character affiliated with Fire or Ice. If you still want to go old school and give a shout-out to G1 fans, that's perfectly fine. Just maybe consider a team based off of the Bohrok Kal or something instead. Having, say, a Turaga of Fire try to assist an amnesiac Vo-Toa remaster her Lightning powers would also provide some additional conflict and opportunities for character growth as well.

If they're really a necessity, however, then maybe have them subverted so that they actually belong to the villains instead.

New Plot

Two Words: Retire Makuta.

Instead of writing off new villains as simple lackeys, turn them into more serious threats. Kulta had this enormous underground army supplemented with a horde of Skull Spiders and undead that he could've used to ravage the island's villages pretty much any time he wished, and yet he still played second fiddle to a former Mask Maker with jealousy issues who didn't even reside in the same dimension at the time. Why not make his own motivations, such as revenge, or dwindling resources, much more apparent, and increase the frequency of his attacks on the surface? If you're going to call his faction the Skull Raiders, then they should be doing some actual raiding. The same applies to Umarak.

But if that's too extreme, then at least save his appearance/betrayal for the end so he can unite all of the main villains under a singular banner for one final smackdown.

New Setting

Preferably something we haven't seen, like maybe some sort of ancient, holographic biodome, or an island floating around in the sky.

Or maybe some other city where their former Toa pulled a Tuyet, and now rule as brutal dictators. Which would especially be even more interesting if they were fending off attacks from other villains, while simultaneously leading a manhunt to capture the main characters as well. Sort of like if Vakama's team were evading Teridax while Metru Nui was being besieged by Dark Hunters. That would be pretty cool.

• Upvote 1

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Mmkay, here's how I'd like G3 to go down.  Forgive me if it sounds like I'm basically importing G1 stuff straight into G3.

HEROES- Let's be honest, the Toa Mata/Nuva are kinda overused at this point.  We've had plenty of adventures involving Tahu, Gali, Kopaka, Lewa, Pohatu, and Onua, and I feel that other characters need a chance to shine.  In a hypothetical G3, I'd like to focus on the Toa Metru/Hordika.  Departing from the idea of the heroes coming to the land at the same time and with the same motivation for achieving the same purpose, let's have them come from different backgrounds and have various reasons for joining forces, like this:

• Vakama- An elder prophet of an important city, he joins because he has foreseen great calamity come upon the land, and wants to try and thwart it.
  • Nokama- A pirate who dislikes being on land, she joins because she thinks there will be treasure involved.
  • Nuju- A secluded scientist, he joins because of the potential threat to his scientific achievements caused by Vakama's foreseen threat.
  • Matau- Vakama's prophet-in-training, he joins because he senses the opportunity to earn a bit of personal glory.
  • Onewa- A forger of weapons and masks, she joins because she wants to test out the abilities of her new creations.  (You read that right; Onewa is genderbent in G3.)
  • Whenua- An insomniac animal enthusiast, he joins because the oncoming threat brings with it several new varieties of creatures, and he wants to study them.

VILLAINS- Sure, Makuta was pretty good in his run, but again, I think other characters need their chance to prove themselves.  The G1 villains were capable at succeeding, and some of them actually did, but never seemed to get enough attention, while the G2 villains had a lot of attention, or at least made their presence known throughout G2's short run, but were absolutely pitiful.  Let's have that change in G3, where villains can get plenty of attention and are perfectly capable of succeeding in their plots; for example:

• Roodaka- She's the queen of a faraway land that she's already conquered using her massive army of spider-like creatures, like the Visorak mixed with Skull Spiders, and plans to use their sheer numbers to overwhelm the heroes' land's inhabitants.
  • Ahkmou- He's the leader of a group of petty bandits, who joins Roodaka against his fellows' will, with the ulterior motive of somehow usurping her position and becoming the head honcho.
  • Sidorak- He's a mysterious, sort-of-undead warlord who becomes the co-founder of G3's Dark Hunters.  As the story progresses, more about his origins are revealed; he comes from the same land as Roodaka, and became sort-of-undead because of some kind of bizarre magic.
  • Lariska- She's a member of Ahkmou's bandits who splinters off from the band and eventually becomes the co-founder of G3's Dark Hunters.
  • Dume- He's a former prophet who gave up his position to Vakama, and ends up opposing the heroes because he claims that what has been foreseen cannot be thwarted.

SETTING- A blend of Metru Nui's cityscape and Mata Nui's wilderness would be dandy.

PLOT- To be added later

Edited by capMARVELOUS
  • Upvote 1

My G3 wish list:

1. Have every character from G1 and G2 to come back.

2. Toa Mata/Toa Nuva, Toa Metru/Toa Hordika, Toa Inika/Toa Mahri, Glatorian heroes from the 2009 storyline (perhaps mainly Gresh), Mata Nui (being), Takanuva, and Ekimu be the main protagonists in the new story. Well, I would have them handled in a similar fashion as the G1 storyline.

3. Makuta Teridax as the main villain. This time, he will have an independent set, like the 2003 set. This would be his second time. Also, call him Teridax again.

4. I would be interested to have The Shadowed One's real name revealed.

5. Sea Squids to be called "Life Suckers", "Life Leeches" or something because they don't look like squids much.

6. The Piraka and Barraki to have movable hinges in their months, in a similar fashion as the Bionicle Heroes game in 2006. The same should apply to Nocturn and Nektann (Skakdi).

7. Every character with hands to have five fingers.

8. A storyline where the Toa Mata were once Matoran who are training to become Toa. They would also be trained by either the Toa Metru, Toa Helryx, or Hydraxon.

9. Toa Mata training Toa Inika to be Toa, similar to Batman and Robin from DC Comics.

10. The settings from G1 and G2 to come back. For example, seeing the islands of Mata Nui and Okoto in the same universe. Okoto to be located in Spherus Magna, specifically in Aqua Magna.

11. Characters to use their hand-to-hand fighting more often, rather just using their weapons and powers most of the time. They would have fighting styles, like martial arts. For examples, Pohatu and Krekka would fight each other in a similar fashion to Batman and Bane in Batman media, Hewkii vs. Avak, and Axonn vs. Brutaka.

12. See Vezok re-fuse with Vezon this time.

13. Have Tahu stay being a Toa Nuva.

14. An anniversary for Bionicle to be celebrated for the first time of its life. Here are my ideas about that here: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/22779-happy-15th-anniversary-bionicled/?fromsearch=1

15. A bunch of storylines that I made up listed here: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/24639-what-storylines-would-you-like-bionicle-to-try/?do=findComment&comment=1125267

16. Cinematic movies and/or a TV show that tell the main story while other media tells side stories. It would be a similar fashion to Ninjago. Here are the ideas for the movies: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/24182-your-dream-cinematic-bionicle-movie/?fromsearch=1 . I would like the cinematic movies to form a cinematic universe called the Bionicle Cinematic Universe, similar to Marvel Cinematic Universe, DC Extended Universe, Transformers Cinematic Universe, The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe, and Star Wars. Well, it could be either that or The Lego Bionicle Movie in The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe. For the TV show, use famous or well known actors. Make it 3-D animated and make it as good as Transformers: Prime's animation. Air it in Cartoon Network or Disney XD. Each season is about a storyline, and it has at least 10-13 30-minute-long episodes. No Netflix exclusives. Have all of the characters who are released in sets appear in the movies and TV show, too.

17. For the building system, well, make it a mix of CCBS and the G1 designs, but have the G1 designs look more dominant. New molds would happen, too.

18. If the 2001 Rahi were to appear in G3, make them look better. Also, give the Nui-Rama legs and Nui-Jaja two more legs. Plus, release instructions on how to make the Rahi Nui.

19. Make the Toa Metru and 2008 Toa Nuva match their colors to their elements very well.

20. Humans and the planet Earth in the Bionicle Universe (only in the present time). It would be similar to Transformers, and let's saw that the Bionicle characters "need to go out often". Make the humans and Earth significant. I would like to see if this could work, too. I heard that people complain about Bionicle being too "non-human", so I thought this idea would help.

21. Make every character released in sets in a year important to the storyline. Certain past years, like 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009 have this big problem. I mean, why would you buy a set with a character that is not important to the storyline?

22. Have Bionicle crossover with constraction themes, like Hero Factory, and other Lego themes, like Ninjago. Make them canon, too. I would like to see something like "Bionicle v Hero Factory: Dawn of Constraction" (a reference to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in 2016), where Preston Stormer from Hero Factory and Tahu fight each other, for example. For another example, I would like to see something like "Lego Heroes" where Tahu teams up with Stormer, Lloyd from Ninjago, Laval from Legends of Chima, Clay from Nexo Knights, Flain from Mixels, and Emmet from The Lego Movie in 2014 to fight against a common threat, like Makuta Teridax or the Overlord from Ninjago, and it would be like the Avengers movie in 2012 that way.

23. Fusions need to happen often, similar to Steven Universe and Mixels. This should apply to the Toa Mata/Nuva, Toa Metru, Toa Inika/Mahri, Turaga of Mata Nui, Matoran of Mata Nui, Metru Nui, and Voya Nui, Bohrok, Bohrok Va, Bohrok Kal, Rahkshi, Piraka, and the Makuta Phantoka and Mistika. Make instructions for all of them, too.

24. Characters from the G3 universe visiting G1 and G2 universes by traveling through dimensions. It would be like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles' Turtles Forever direct-to-video Movie in 2009 that way.

25. Characters from G3, G1, and G2 travelling through time and space to visit each other universes and re-enact past events in their stories as they work together to fight against a common threat, in a similar fashion as Sonic Generations in 2011.

26. A TT-Lego-Games video game where everything is open-world, you can travel to many places in the Bionicle universe(s), play as all of the Bionicle characters, put boss meters or reasonable number of boss hearts (3 to more) on bosses, and put 15-36 levels. Make it a console of many kinds, too. The game involve controlling constraction figures rather than minifigures. You could play stuff using Technic pieces rather than Lego studs. We never had a video game for a long time since 2006.

27. Put Bionicle into Lego Dimensions.

28. Online games similar to MNOG's, VNOG, Lego Universe, and Lego Legends of Chima.

29. Make small sets cost 5-7 dollars, median sets 10 dollars, and large sets at least 15 or more dollars. That way, the sets aren't overpriced like the ones in G2. I also prefer six small sets, six median sets, and at least three large sets per year. Don't do too much with the large sets, like how 2008 and 2009 have been because they are too much. More large sets could be delayed to more years.

30. Release multi-large-set-contained super-large sets again (Takutanuva, Ultimate Dume, Voporak, and Vezon & Kardas are such things). We never had them for 11 years.

31. Make all Toa median sized sets again. G2 over-grew Tahu, Kopaka, and Onua. Plus, make Onua look Hulk-ish or have the same body type as Axl from Nexo Knights while he is medium-sized.

32. Give a Great-Being-like Great Being a set (Velika looks like a Matoran).

33. Release a titan-sized Ekimu set.

34. Show a fact that Agil is a baby Elemental Creature while the others are full-grown. You can tell by the difference. It would be cool if there is a parent-and-child-like duo in a small set somehow, like how you look at Batman and Robin from DC Comics.

35. Improve the Elemental Creatures' things, like Melum looking more different than Terak.

36. Give each Elemental Creature and Toa Mata, who would be released as separate sets, its own Shadow Trap from G2.

37. Give each Toa Mata its own Skull Creature to fight against and drained mask. Make all the drained masks happen in the story, too. Plus, improve the Skull Scorpio's design (Its tail and legs are weird. Also, give it two more legs).

38. Give each Toa Mata its own Elemental Beast from G2 and corrupted mask that the Beast come with. Plus, make the Elemental Beasts match their elements and Toa Mata very well (Storm Beast and Quake Beast have this problem). I would like the corrupted masks to happen in the story, too.

39. Make the Lord of Skull Spiders bigger than a Toa.

40. If Mata Nui (being) were to be Titan-sized (meaning Hulk-sized), make that form appear in the story. That didn't happen in G1, in the 2009 storyline specifically.

41. The storylines from G1 being redone for the modern times. Improve the storylines from G2 when redoing them, too. I would also like the story to use modern technology, like smartphones.

42. Make good character development on all the significant characters.

43. Use simpler names for magic objects often. Like calling masks "Masks of Power". We could keep their real names, like "Kanohi", but say it when you are introducing it or use a guide about it.

44. No gender-locking types of species this time. I would like to see a male Toa of Water and female Toa of Fire, for example.

45. Make people with elemental powers, that are besides Fire, Water, Air, Ice, Stone, and Earth, main characters in certain storylines. For example, we would see a team of Toa of Lightning, Magnetism, the Green, Plasma, Gravity, and Sonics as the main characters of a certain storyline. But, start with the main elements first, before introducing these new characters.

46. Make Lewa stay being a Toa of Air.

47. Make Pohatu act like his G1 self again. Have Kopaka be Bionicle's new Batman (Pohatu was acting like Batman in G2, which is not his G1 self).

48. Make Tahu the official leader of his team again.

49. Release the Mask of Ultimate Power.

50. Release the upper half of the Mask of Time. Also, release the completed version of Mask (both halves being combined together).

51. Release sets for Lariska, pre-mutated Karzahni, mutated Brutaka, Toa Tuyet, Toa Helryx, Toa Nidhiki, the whole Toa Hagah, Baterra, Kestora, the Element Lords, Tren Krom, Annona, Marander, and Kabrua.

52. My ideas about the characters would look and be like: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/23578-what-characters-would-you-like-to-be-in-g2-and-how-they-would-be-like/?fromsearch=1

53. Make G3 much longer than G2. Make it around the same length as G1 or longer.

54. No harsh cancellations on the franchise or unresolved cliffhangers or other things in the story. Just make a good ending if an ending is needed.

55. Have Bionicle promoted super-greatly, like how Ninjago does.

56. Make G3 come on the right time when Lego isn't focusing on too many things. I think that's a possible reason why G2 got cancelled because there were so many things in 2015 and 2016, and 2017 is like that, too.

57. Make G3 as great as G1 or better.

I know it's a lot, but I hope G3 will be that way to correct some things that G1 and G2 made mistakes on.:)

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Oh yeah I forgot all about Vezon!  Vezon should come back from whatever alternate dimensions he's visiting and drop in from time to time.  Wreak havoc, generate chaos, say hello to the gang (I'm assuming there'll be some familiar names) and tell outrageous stories to make the canon all complex and convoluted.  It's not Bionicle without our beloved Toa of Anarchy.

• Upvote 2

As an alternative to my previous post, this far less likely scenario would see 2009 and 2010 entirely retconned. I think moving the setting from in and on the GSR away to a new setting was a major mistake. The lore is indication enough that the GSR was rife with conflict even when Mata Nui was awake and well, so I propose that the Toa Nuva's efforts in Karda Nui would succeed without being another teridax double-cross. The story would conclude and shift focus to an all new Toa team composed of six characters from elements we haven't seen as sets before like Plasma, Iron, Gravity, Sonics and so on. The six villains for this "version" of 2009 (I know we're speaking about a potential future continuation) would be Dark Hunters who were imprisoned somewhere on the southern isles who escaped and the Toa need to bring them in, so to say. The titan sets would once again be Rahi to further diversify the fauna, while the small sets would be miscellaneous southerner Matoran in the same elements as the Toa. This way we'd get a fresh start without a reboot. Eventually, the story would be linked to the Shadowed One's protodermis-eating virus which would expand into the overarching plotline of the reboot. Instead of just two, we'd get three variants of this new Toa team before introducing a new one and the old characters would make returns, with a war against the Dark Hunters who now seek to fill the void left by the Makuta. 

The Dark Hunters are a varied bunch allowing for no clone sets, and the new elements for the toa would break things up nicely. Also, more Rahi never hurt, and this storyline would tie up one of G1's loosest ends.

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I would actually like to see at least two female main characters.

G2 branched out and made the earth protector female and it was a pleasant surprise.

Seeing more diversity in a cast of characters really helps in building a story.

• Upvote 3

No female characters that is what I would like.

Wow, I think I can say without hyperbole that that is the singular worst take I have ever seen here on BZPower. Do you hate women or are you just trying to be a contrarian?

• Upvote 4

No female characters that is what I would like.

I hate to say it, but on some level I kinda agree, I guess...? Just barely kinda, though. Now, know this that I am in no way sexist, in fact I think both men and women are equally as capable, however when it comes to BIONICLE, at least in it's initial run, though we did have female characters, and though technically there were a lot of them, not many of them had much in the way of development, on one hand you can basically count all of them. So my view on the matter is, either have a decently sizable amount of well written female characters, or have none at all, as well as no male characters either in that case, hence why I said on some level. Eitherway the whole topic of Gender in the MU is a bit redundant, seeing as they are biologically infertile and therefore have no reason to have gender outside of making them more relatable.

But if I had my wish, I would want there to be more female characters than we had in G1. I would count G2, but since it was so short-lived we didn't get to see a lot of characters.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Start fresh, anew. No old names or characters or worlds. Can have similar features, such as mask power and elemental powers (for economical and logical reasons please make it 4 instead of 6), and for familiarity they can be biomechanical. Be sure to include mysticism while also referencing larger history and culture. Obviously include comic book style goody-baddy fights, but be sure to also focus on character development. And please continue to place it in its own continuity, no Terra-rooted humans and the baggage it comes with.

As much as I would like to agree on there being no genders in relation to these sentient, sapient bio-mechanical robots incapable of private reproduction, gender is something that we use to attribute personality towards, so if they had no gender, we might as well not make them humanoid, because there goes a vital element of being able to directly relate to these characters. I understand that throughout history there is a larger male than female ratio of warriors and soldiers, but female warriors are not unheard of and many are more than capable, so having more females in these roles without veering into completely balanced black-and-white politically correctness would be a plus for me (not to mention, you don't have to be an active weapons-wielder to make a difference in the world). Perhaps the implementation of genders comes as a reflection of the makers of these said beings (without succumbing to the apparent sexism of some of the Great Beings as shown in G1); using this might also hint at a larger world then what we have been shown.

EDIT: Typos

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Yeah, if you're not going to give them genders, then you might as well not bother giving them names, either.

Don't get me wrong or anything; I'd still probably buy a figure called (Insert Generic Element Here) Bot for pieces, but my interest in the story and character itself would be practically nonexistent at that point. Which is likely going to be a problem for some folks.

• Upvote 2

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Yeah, it'd be nice if Bionicle could take a cue from Smurfs: The Lost Village about correcting the gender ratio...

• Upvote 1

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

• 4 weeks later...

​i honestly really want to see character development, and not childish kind either, i mean rivalries between toa, maybe neutral charcters who dont take a side, tangable world with relatable life styles and internal revealings for our own personal growth. Lessons of coming of age or even accepting the change of our lives, why we fight and defend, why we never surrcome to the voices of depression or giving up in tough times.

For me i want to see bionicle be for young and old and about having fun learning about life, to fear but to over come, grow and achieve to our fullest.

But some inventive sets would be cool lol like more shocks built into legs, giving the builds a sence of weight or strength, working hands and shoulds (like the robot from the rogue one ccbs set and the bull minatore from bionicle g2) also more relatable designs. Dragons, centaurs, werewolves, knights (honestly g2 kopaka had the knight style down to a T) paladins demons (again, the skeleton sets were amazing for being relatable to what humans know lol) but yea let us see traditional characters we know, re imagined as a machine in the bionicle universe.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

As much as reboots can do wonders, the failure of G2 is still fresh. I'm not sure if i can stand the burden of seeing a G2½ revisit or a G3 or a complete G1 revisit be the next one to be pulled because of bad sales anytime too soon.

This franchise aint no Spider-Man so maybe this franchise should just be left in peace before the reputation becomes worse.

Edited by necross hordika
  • Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

My biggest gripe with Bionicle as a whole: Islands are cool and all, but I want G3 to take place on a CONTINENT!

Like there could be a few different large cities and/or independent kingdoms on a single continent with jungles and/or different elements separating them. (Ex. the northern city is colder and is surrounded by snow)

I might be drawing inspiration from The Last Airbender here, but Earth & Stone and Water & Ice are redundant: We can still have 6 toa, but make it Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Gravity, and Shadows.

As far as the story with the toa goes, do what 2008 did: 3 toa in the winter and 3 in the summer. The story could start off with the Toa of Shadows being sort of an antihero/dark hunter/mercenary in the central city of the continent (which happens to be the largest city, and the most diverse (note, all of the cities have beings of different elements living in them, but they are predominantly the main element)). And the Toa of Shadows ends up meeting with the main villain of the story (a large titan of some sort) who tells her (yes, a female Toa of Shadows) to capture the Toa of Air that just showed up in the city.

Our Toa of Shadows sets out to do so and we get a melee battle with no elemental powers used. They're using their staffs and swords to try and disarm each other. The shadow toa finally prevails and knocks out the air toa temporarily. And on the way to deliver the captured air toa, the two talk. The air toa, being a jokester, quickly learns that the shadow toa is a good spirit working a dark job and mentions that he was there to find answers to a prophecy he heard his village leader telling (yes, there are villages and cities on this continent). He makes a deal with the shadow toa to be set free so long as she can come along on this journey.

^That's just a rough outline for origins, but kind of have the toa meet each other along the way to their destinies.

Also, the significance of the toa not using elemental powers in their fight is this:

At this point in the story, the Central City is just the Central City. Centuries before, however, it was the capital and all the other cities were part of a united country. The council of the Turaga were the leaders of the Capital (and therefore, the whole country) and their guardians were the 6 Legendary Toa. While they weren't the only toa in existence, they were the last ones to have control of their elemental abilities.

Long backstory short, the main villain and his army came from another continent and attacked the capital. The turaga all escaped and fled into exile and the Legendary Toa made the ultimate sacrifice to protect them.

The prophecy that our Air Toa is chasing in the story says that 6 heroes will find each other and together they will journey to the sacred grounds and discover their true potential. (Basically the 6 heroes are searching for the Great Temple and there, they will find a mentor who knows about how to use elemental energy who will judge their character before agreeing to train them).

Side notes, any toa can unlock their elemental energy if they know how to focus on it and reach that spiritual state (kind of like the Avatar State and/or the Force), but most have lost hope of ever achieving it. And yes, the turaga in exile formed villages with their closest followers and live off the grid. A few of those villages have toa living there (like the air toa)

TL; DR, I want the Toa to REALLY GROW as characters through the story. And I really would like to see them actually have to train and learn to master their elemental abilities instead of just getting it on the first try or having to get a mask to use it. 

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

What I want: G3 sets being greenlit by Lego after the success of an official IDW comic series loosely inspired by G1.

• Upvote 1

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

Islands are cool and all, but I want G3 to take place on a CONTINENT!

This.

If we're upping the scale, though, it should be expanded to all of the elements, which could simply be rotated out every year or so. New teams, new characters, all that jazz. Might even be a way to get sets for Toa we never got to see on store shelves, such as Chiara, Orde, Zaria, etc.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

A Gen 1 soft reboot/continuation set on Spherus Magna.

I can see Velika as the main villain, possibly as a Toa of Stone (we know he has a Matoran body capable of becoming a Toa based on the events of The Kingdom), with various lesser villains from the past (e.g. The Shadowed One, the gold-skinned being, the Element Lord of Earth) appearing each year. We can make it episodic like Hero Factory with a steady continuous story focusing on Velika, and we'd have an enormous planet we know next to nothing about to play around with.

Actually I've been thinking about this for a while, and plan to post my ideas in my blog later.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

I can see Velika as the main villain, possibly as a Toa of Stone (we know he has a Matoran body capable of becoming a Toa based on the events of The Kingdom), with various lesser villains from the past (e.g. The Shadowed One, the gold-skinned being, the Element Lord of Earth) appearing each year. We can make it episodic like Hero Factory with a steady continuous story focusing on Velika, and we'd have an enormous planet we know next to nothing about to play around with.

Actually I've been thinking about this for a while, and plan to post my ideas in my blog later.

Velika being the villain would be the quickest and easiest way to destroy any interest I might have in the story, considering his reveal as a villain was one of the things I hated most about the late story serials. It turned one of the more cryptic and interesting Matoran characters into yet another insane villain in a story that already tended to lean far too heavily on that problematic trope. If it absolutely had to be a continuation, it would be better off being set in the far future so that it could be free to come up with a newer, better story instead of relying solely on the mediocre plot threads left over from the original ending.

• Upvote 1

Velika being the villain would be the quickest and easiest way to destroy any interest I might have in the story, considering his reveal as a villain was one of the things I hated most about the late story serials. It turned one of the more cryptic and interesting Matoran characters into yet another insane villain in a story that already tended to lean far too heavily on that problematic trope. If it absolutely had to be a continuation, it would be better off being set in the far future so that it could be free to come up with a newer, better story instead of relying solely on the mediocre plot threads left over from the original ending.

Actually I can see this working.  Velika is one of the Great Beings, no?  You could have the conflict between the heroes and Velika - like heroes vs. Makuta in Gen1 - and a whole other conflict around Velika and the rest of the GBs.  Maybe the GBs have realized how much their creations have grown and have decided to let them live on Spherus Magna in peace, but Velika considers them dangerous and unstable, needing to be eradicated.

Also, this Velika wouldn't be insane, but cunning and manipulative - such as Makuta, in his best moments.

@Makuta_of_Oz, post the links to your blog when you write the stuff down, okay?  I'd love to take a look at it.

• Upvote 1

I can see Velika as the main villain, possibly as a Toa of Stone (we know he has a Matoran body capable of becoming a Toa based on the events of The Kingdom), with various lesser villains from the past (e.g. The Shadowed One, the gold-skinned being, the Element Lord of Earth) appearing each year.

I actually proposed a similar question in the Ask Greg topic over on TTV.

He said that since Velika was a Great Being and not an AI, he wouldn't be capable of transforming, as the AI has to change as well in order for masks and powers to start functioning.

Here's a link if you want to go check it out for yourself.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé:

I can see Velika as the main villain, possibly as a Toa of Stone (we know he has a Matoran body capable of becoming a Toa based on the events of The Kingdom), with various lesser villains from the past (e.g. The Shadowed One, the gold-skinned being, the Element Lord of Earth) appearing each year.

I actually proposed a similar question in the Ask Greg topic over on TTV.

He said that since Velika was a Great Being and not an AI, he wouldn't be capable of transforming, as the AI has to change as well in order for masks and powers to start functioning.

Here's a link if you want to go check it out for yourself.

I just read about the contradiction on BS01, but it still doesn't make sense. A new alternate universe is created every time someone makes a decision, but the decision was Matoro's decision to hesitate, AFTER he met and was influenced by Velika. If the decision was of the GB to take a different body, then Velika would have a different personality, and as a result may not have wound up on Voya Nui. That, or even something unrelated, could've changed the course of history.

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Regarding the Stone thing--I'd really like to see the rules regarding what's Stone and what's Earth to be more clearly defined. There is a way around this--simply assign different elements to different parts of nature. Ice and Water are sovereign elements because one embodies the oceans, rivers and lakes of the planet; and the other embodies snow and polar ice caps. Same with Stone and Earth; the former encompasses sand and loose rocks, and the latter encompasses the ground itself and whatever comprises it. This also makes it easier to define separate power sets for each, as well as avoid having to dance around the scientific perspective from which none of this makes any sense.

As a whole, there's a multitude of ways Lego could take Bionicle to make me happy, but at the end of the day, I just want the OG characters to return and be rendered faithfully, and for the world and story to be changed in such a way that it still feels like Bionicle, but not the same story retold unnecessarily.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"