Nuurakh - Forge Overseer [The Legend Continues]

CeziuM

Vahki were one of my favorite villains in G1, so I figured I'd give one of them a makeover. Not gonna lie, I was partially inspired by the Doom aesthetic for this one, hence the color choice and exhaust thingies on the chest. Been wanting to use those plates for a long time now, and a forge-dwelling robot seemed fitting. Tried something new with this one by deliberately staying away from smooth shells for the first time in a while, since I wanted to emphasize the "function over form" thing the Vahki had going on.
33644416840_a138766b4e_z.jpg

33644409950_e68f9f5308_z.jpg

Obligatory spider function:

33217367243_e99ff3803f_z.jpg

That's it from me, don't forget to support our boys in blue (well, red) and vote in the contest poll!

• Upvote 8

29326988131_0ea1908567_z.jpg

Want your own Mask of Ultimate Power? Now available for 3D-printing: http://shpws.me/MuFX

Wow this is interesting, I very much like the panels on his torso that give him some details. The doom aesthetic does pretty well here, helping out the mechanical vibe and you've captured the sort of lankey vibe of the Vahki. The spider function looks good here and I like that you've given it more parts that shift around as it moves from one form to the other. A good model indeed.

I really like this model and the intricate details all around it, and was impressed back when I first saw it on Flickr I believe. It's good to see a new take on the design maintain the transformation function too. That said, as much as I like this MOC, it definitely doesn't have a G2 feel to it. Nonetheless, it's a fantastic model!

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki: