The Legend Continues Building Final

The Legend Continues Building Final  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Final Poll!
The Legend Continues - Building Division

This is it... it's the final round of voting for The Legend Continues - Building Division!

One voter from each poll will be randomly chosen to win a Creature set!

Final Voting begins June 18th and ends June 20th at 11:59 P.M. EST.
The contest winner and final voting results will be posted in a separate thread on June 21st.

---------------------------------------------------------

BZP Rules and Guidelines

---------------------------------------------------------

1. tlc_b007.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Bionicle G2 Master Builder Set

2. tlc_b021.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Vetr-jotunn, Elemental Spirit of Ice

3. ekimu_o1.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Ekimu: Master of Creation

4. tlc_b018.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Kulta Kal and the Skeleton Army

5. tlc_b020.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Makuta: The Mask Hoarder

6. tlc_b003.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Poison Beast (G2 Lerahk)

7. tlc_b019.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Nuurakh - Forge Overseer

8. tlc_b026.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> G2 Mata-Nui: Titan of Life

9. tlc_b017.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Guardian of Shadows

10. tlc_b011.jpg_thumb.jpg >>> Makuta - Mask Maker's Return

• Upvote 6
Be excellent to each other, and party on, dudes!

A lot of good choices here with 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. But I can only vote for one of them, so I'm going to go with #1 for its wide variety of different builds.

Edited by Chronicler06
  • Upvote 1

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Aw man, I didn't make it to the finals.  Takua has failed me, and this makes me sad.  :(

...a lot of good entries, though.  1, 4, and 6 fit the "something I wished G2 had" theme best, but 3, 5, and 10 have the best builds, with 7 and 8 being close runners-up in both categories.  So hard to pick.

Eh, I'll go with 10.  It's still probably the most inspired design in the contest.  G2 Master Builder Set is definitely something I would've liked to see, but the builds just weren't up to snuff.  Master of Creation is an amazing design executed near-perfectly, but I feel like it doesn't fit the theme enough.  Kulta Kal is a solid concept executed well, but for some reason just doesn't visually appeal to me enough.  Mask Hoarder looks really solid and cohesive, but doesn't stand out enough compared to Mask Maker's Return.  Lehrak is too simple, although I still like how someone else noticed how much Lewa's mask looks like a beak from the right angle.  Nuurakh is just a tad too blocky for my tastes, and Mata Nui's design is just a bit too cluttered.  They're all good, but Mask Maker's Return is both well built and something I could have seen easily fitting into the finale of G2, and the design is inventive to boot- it even reminds me a bit of my plans for the Create a Villain contest for the solid gold Skull Spider mask.  I gave it my vote before, and I'll do it again.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

I voted for Number 1.

While I don't think it's the most complex, the most well-designed, the most interesting of the MOCs, or even the best in any way, I think it embodies the sort of down-to-Earth, unique creativity of Bionicle's early years. Where all the other MOCs are these massive, intricate monstrosities, Number 1 honestly tries to emulate a simpler time, and I like it. 

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

Went with the Kulta Kal and the Skull army. Looks great!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Just wanted to point out that the results in the art and story polls (but not here in the building poll) are visible again.

EDIT: Scratch that, they're now visible here too.

Edited by Disty says hi

"Kulta Kal and the Skull Army" won my vote as soon as I had laid eyes on it.  I always felt that Gen 2 had some fantastic concept artwork (especially the more tribal-evocative designs), and sadly the final sets did not always do it justice.  Somehow, this entry not only recaptured the look and feel of the Skull Army (while showing off builds that are impressive, yet still believable as sets), but could also combine them all to form the Kulta Kal model, just as implied by the original concept artwork.  It might not necessarily be the most original entry, but it accomplished exactly what it set out to do.

"Bionicle G2 Master Builder Set" was also another great concept that I would have also loved to see in Gen 2.  Unfortunately, much like the original Gen 1 Master Builder set, some of the models in this entry are hit-or-miss.  If the execution was as strong as the concept, I think it could have gotten my vote instead.

Just cheering here for #1 to win. I won't pretend I would know how to build better or anything. I just feel that the mind-gears were working hard when the idea was born. The others are great too. I like how contests unleash peoples creativity.

• Upvote 2

"Kulta Kal and the Skull Army" won my vote as soon as I had laid eyes on it.  I always felt that Gen 2 had some fantastic concept artwork (especially the more tribal-evocative designs), and sadly the final sets did not always do it justice.  Somehow, this entry not only recaptured the look and feel of the Skull Army (while showing off builds that are impressive, yet still believable as sets), but could also combine them all to form the Kulta Kal model, just as implied by the original concept artwork.  It might not necessarily be the most original entry, but it accomplished exactly what it set out to do.

"Bionicle G2 Master Builder Set" was also another great concept that I would have also loved to see in Gen 2.  Unfortunately, much like the original Gen 1 Master Builder set, some of the models in this entry are hit-or-miss.  If the execution was as strong as the concept, I think it could have gotten my vote instead.

I had similar thoughts to Peabody Sam's.  The Skull Army looks like it would fit in well with the existing 2015 skull villains' aesthetic, and I'm impressed by the faithful and effective realization of the Kulta Kal concept art.  For the Master Builder set, I'd like to highlight the Fikou and snake as personal standouts, but I'm not sure that all the rest of the creature builds reached that same high standard.

A few other thoughts... 3 looks well built, and I think it did a good job at what its builder was aiming for, but it's kind of in an uncanny valley for me.  Ekimu looks a bit too humanoid for my tastes (and also reminds me of Doctor Strange, incidentally).  But that's just personal preference; props to a solid build.  I also wanted to shout-out 5; I liked the bulk, menace, and mask-hoarding aesthetic of its take on Makuta.

sqtd1i.png

^               Often lurking, occasionally writing about sets on BS01.                     

L     This link is a bit old, but there's still some good info about combiners there.