And against all odds, I've somehow managed to live through to the next episode. 

EDIT: And the next page.

Edited by Nato The Traveler

Embers - A Bionicle Saga - Chapters/Review

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Been away busy with Mortal Kombat stuff. Now that fruitless killing has ended at Gatherer's Ridge, back to looking for metal veins.

I hope i find a vein of bleu cheese.

• Upvote 2

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Honestly, I myself am surprised nobody's died yet.

Well, NPCs have died, but they're NPCs.

What about ToaD? Didn't he get eaten by the Skopio?
  • Upvote 1

Alright, people. Let's place our bets. Who do you think is going to be the first player to die?

My money's on myself because I was about to do something incredibly risky and stupid until the episode ended.

My money is on Nato or myself.

Nato because he started a revolution the worst way possible and got hit with a 20 stat.

Myself because I have yet to live past episode 5 in these games and I usually do something incredibly stupid by now.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Well, Tuma still wants me alive. So I'm probably going to live at least long enough to challenge him to single combat and get squashed the same way Sahmad did. 

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Maybe I'll get crazy stupid lucky and actually beat Tuma. 

That would certainly change the meaning of the Arena Magna. 

Makes it known he will accept a four hundred agori sacrifice in order to unleash the Steroid Vorox.

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

you might want to stay away from vulcanus for awhile

Considering that Quin is a traitor to Tesara, we're still a little sore with Vulcanus.  So yeah, we'll leave them alone for the time being.

Here is a peek at Episode Five.

Episode Five Sneak Peek
Nato, still standing on the stage, tried to come to terms with the violence around him. He’d already tried to repair the situation - he just wanted to oust the Skrall, not start a civil war. Yet here was, the instigator of a civil war by accident. As thoughts on what to do raced through his head, he noticed four Skrall and eight Rock Agori briefly appear within the crowd, observe him directly, then disappear soon after. As far as he knew, there were no Rock Agori in Iconox, so he cursed, climbing down off the stage and attempting to follow - if Tuma had sent his people to check up on things in Iconox, he could not let them escape.

“Careful now!” he heard, from FF nearby, and felt twenty-five Ice Agori join him as he tried to weave his way through the crowd, giving any Skrall a wide berth. When he finally saw the Rock Agori again, he saw something more surprising. He saw a mass of Skrall - twenty-nine, following the Rock Agori. But that was not the surprising part. The surprising part was the Iron Agori among them, the Iron Agori he recognised.

Luroka?

• Upvote 2

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

And I thought Tesara was a hot mess.

I still can't believe Iconox out of all villages is the first to enter a civil war.

Haven't you been in one since like episode 2
The two villages have been at tension, yes but full on revolution, no.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

The weirdest thing about iconox's civil war... is it's not actually the people who started the war, but a few vocal authorities. The PEOPLE of iconox voted for skrall protection. At least with Tesara the actual civil war wasn't started by the higher-ups.

In summary: Tesara's Civil War is just the hand they were dealt, whereas Iconox's Civil War is their own making.

Edited by Vox

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I still cannot believe that the people of Iconox willingly gave away their freedom for such a stupid reason. Assuming I'm still alive when this whole mess blows over, I'm going to have to start a school and teach the locals about basic physics and mathematics. 

• Upvote 1

People who live in a literal post-apocalyptic wasteland were just accepting an alliance with the Tribe who has the strongest fighters and the most consistent access to multiple resources.

Who's the stupid one here?

Pahrak has a point here... Bara Magna isn't some thriving utopia, but a war-torn land. Allying yourself with strongest to ensure your survival is the name of the game. 

Iconox's people understood this, whereas it's higher-ups didn't. Give up a bit of freedom to ensure your continued survival and make your life a bit easier, or be stubborn and continue to fight to survive.

Edited by Vox
  • Upvote 2

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

I mean I feel like Luroka and I are worse off than anyone in the villages to start off, and both of us would consider what Iconox did a stupid idea

Luroka might be with the skrall right now but I guarantee its only in the aim of killing tuma and taking over later. It wouldn't be worth it to tie himself under their rule like that otherwise

• Upvote 1

I mean I feel like Luroka and I are worse off than anyone in the villages to start off, and both of us would consider what Iconox did a stupid idea

Luroka might be with the skrall right now but I guarantee its only in the aim of killing tuma and taking over later. It wouldn't be worth it to tie himself under their rule like that otherwise

I mean part of it is playing the hand I was dealt and part of it was to see how cartoonishly evil I could play the character. Also I kinda wanted to rule from the start the difference is this way I wouldn't be sharing.

bBhcfWO.png

Oh, look, I perfectly understand wanting to ally with what is perceived to be the strongest force around. Heck, even I started out wanting to team up with Tuma so I could conquer Bara Magna and backstab him once we'd won. 

But the first post, and our tribe PM, points out that Iconox was in a very comfortable, superior position, as of the start of the game. They had exclusive access to the most prized resource around, they were extorting all of the other villages, they could bribe Glatorian, and fix the outcome of Arena Matches in their favour, even when the Skrall were involved. They had the influence and the resources to get whatever they wanted or needed. 

There was nothing the Skrall had to offer that Iconox didn't already have, or couldn't easily take. Completely giving up all of their autonomy and freedom so they wouldn't have to travel as far to get water isn't strategic, or smart. It's just... lazy. 

As for the "protection" the Skrall were offering... well, that was total bull, wasn't it? They rocked up with only 115 warriors, they disbanded Iconox's army of 450. Now, I'm not a military genius, and I don't doubt that Skrall are better fighters than the average Agori soldier, but I'm pretty sure that still left Iconox considerably more vulnerable than it was before the Skrall were "protecting" it. 

And then, Tuma sent more of his cronies to Iconox to make us stop trading exsidian altogether, would would've cut us off from all of our other sources of revenue and left Iconox completely dependent on Roxtus for supplies. I'm sure the people of Iconox would've rebelled against the Skrall on their own after a few more episodes of being oppressed... all I really did was speed up the process. 

Edited by Nato The Traveler
  • Upvote 1

they were extorting all of the other villages, they could bribe Glatorian, and fix the outcome of Arena Matches in their favour, even when the Skrall were involved. They had the influence and the resources to get whatever they wanted or needed. 

Here's something you have to consider... Did the general populace know this? The answer is likely no. You don't let the common folk know that their leaders are using questionable tactics to ensure their survival. To them the offer probably sounded great, because they were oblivious to what the higher-ups knew. 

Letting the people decide was the stupidest move that could be made, as the common folk are not in the loop. And even if you had let them vote on it, nothing was done to rig the vote or lie about the results. If the higher-ups didn't want the skrall protection, they shouldn't have left it up to the oblivious common folk.

Or they should have worked to make the deal sound horrible, to sway the common folk to their side.

Also PS, Nothing of what I am saying is "Fact" as I don't honestly know if anyone tried to rig the vote or whatnot. I tend to keep my nose out of what Pulse handles unless it's something I need to know

Edited by Vox

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu