The Disk Launchers mounted in the heads of the six Vahki models from 2004 (And Nidhiki) seem kind of weak when compared to Vakama's Disk Launcher or the Matoran (And Krekka's) Disk Launcher.

I know with Vakama's launcher you have to bend it slightly in order to get the disk to fly really far, but is there a special technique to fling the Disks really far with the Vahki? Because, they just fly about a foot and then flop on the ground when you squeeze the jaws, at least for me.

And I have tried squeezing the jaws towards the front as well as aligning the little ridges on the disks with the hump on the right side of the Vahki's jaw but it still doesn't really work like the Metru Nui Matoran or Toa Vakama.

Edited by Tarix819

I always had a rather "loose jaw" so to speak with my vahki Keerakh and Nuurakh. It was just as bad as with my white metru matoran Ehrye and his launcher... it was so loose the kanoka could barely rest together on his back and i had to use a rubber band on his. Vakama on the other hand always felt too stiff when firing.

Edited by necross hordika
  • Upvote 1

qs3135.jpg

Really? You're doing something horribly wrong, then. When I fire the disks by squeezing the jaws rather than behind the "cheeks," the things fly a good six feet before starting to lose momentum. I've never had a problem with the Vahki. Vakama's launcher, on the other hand, sucks.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Really? You're doing something horribly wrong, then. When I fire the disks by squeezing the jaws rather than behind the "cheeks," the things fly a good six feet before starting to lose momentum. I've never had a problem with the Vahki. Vakama's launcher, on the other hand, sucks.

With Vakama's launcher you have to bend the right side down a little bit (or left side up) which increases the tension on the Kanoka disk and will fly ten to fifteen feet or so.

The joint between the two sides of the launcher is quite bendy, so it doesn't damage the piece and the two sides align once again quickly enough.

Edited by Tarix819

I had no issue with the Vahki launchers. Instead of pushing the two concave tabs near the rear where 'you're meant to' push on it, I push the ribbed parts at front, right where the disc is. Slightly thrust your hand forward when doing so and voila, it flies quite far.

:kakama:

• Upvote 1

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I had no issue with the Vahki launchers. Instead of pushing the two concave tabs near the rear where 'you're meant to' push on it, I push the ribbed parts at front, right where the disc is. Slightly thrust your hand forward when doing so and voila, it flies quite far.

:kakama:

Ah, that seems to work. I have 5 of the Vahki (Minus Zadakh) and all of them seem to have pretty loose launchers, but thrusting your hand forward a bit seems to work for me. Thanks.