Bionicle Photography

Koma Makitis

I love me some good Bionicle photography. The shots of the Toa Hagah and the ones in the rain really stand out in this collection. 

I'm not really a fan of the obviously edited ones, such as 2016 Gali, but in her case, it adds a little to the scene. "Dissolve/Reconstruct" really isn't doing anything for me. The blob is really disctracting.

Please do more, and if you can, not have something like the overlay in Gali's?

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Did... Did you actually set Tahu's sword on fire for that one shot?

I really love your use of environments and perspective. As Inary said, the ones in the rain (Hahli Inika and Iruini in particular) are fantastic, easily my favorites. A very close second is the shot of Takadox in the water. Very nice work!

rahkshi_symbol.png

The ones in the rain actually look really good, very intense and reminiscent of the Inika promotional material.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I love me some good Bionicle photography. The shots of the Toa Hagah and the ones in the rain really stand out in this collection. 

I'm not really a fan of the obviously edited ones, such as 2016 Gali, but in her case, it adds a little to the scene. "Dissolve/Reconstruct" really isn't doing anything for me. The blob is really disctracting.

Please do more, and if you can, not have something like the overlay in Gali's?

Here is the Gali one without the overlay: http://imgur.com/xvlEAte

Here is the Gali one without the overlay: http://imgur.com/xvlEAte

Ah, that looks better to me. It even makes the picture look more ominous, like Gali is about to face something sinister in a cave.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

These are all really awesome! The photography is exceptional, and every shot is interesting. You did a great job on the effects too, from the obvious dissolving effect to even the more subtle sword and eye glow effects. Really well done.

I really like the composition in Nokama and the Bordahk, but my favorite has to be the Jaller shot. That is quite a beautiful environment.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Phenomenal. My favorite is perhaps the Gali Nuva vs Guurahk. Excellent use of shallow focus. It is very evident that you put thought and intention into these pictures. Intention is the opposite of generality, and generality is the enemy of all art.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

It is rare that you get truly wonderful bionicle photos. The Nokama and Bordahk one is absolutely beautiful. You don't often see Metru Nui pictures and this one was made very well. Takua and Jaller's was also very nice.

--KAPURA-- 

''You are where you are. If I practice I can be where I am not.''

Kapura_Speak.png

• 2 weeks later...