Rare Kraata question

ToaTImeLord

I was wondering what set or collectible set the trans orange Kraata came from. I also wanted to know if there is a known number of how many there are in existence.

gkOnaVV_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Image from this auction

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/24615-a-lot-of-rare-and-cool-items-for-sale/?do=findComment&comment=1132082

Edited by Chief TimeLord of Tesara

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

It doesn't answer the whole of your question, but the Official Collectables topic does give this, which may help:

Trans-orange Kraata (TOK) - $30
These came attached to a pair of Rahkshi-themed Nike sneakers in 2003. They are quite difficult to come by. Unlike the Shadow Kraata, they had no storyline significance.

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

I have these little buggers somewhere, but couldn't find them for years now. And as stated above, yeah, they come with Rahkshi shoes. 

Since the question has been answered, a bit of trivia: the sneakers were in a line of Bionicle shoes in 2003. One set was themed after the Toa, with a removable soft rubber section on the front which could be switched out to various Kanohi Nuva. If I'm not mistaken, the Hau Nuva was a guaranteed inclusion with another random set, and the others could be bought separately. Near the heel, there was a silvery armor-like section. I had the Kaukau Nuva additions too, but really wanted the Kakama (no surprise).

There was also a Takanuva version, where the armor section near the heel was gold and the removable mask was the Avohkii, and was compatible with the Toa Nuva shoes. Neither came which collectibles, as far as I remember.

The Rahkshi shoes were an outlier. They had removable sections in front and the rear. The front was the Rahkshi's head while the rear depicted their iconic spines. I had Guurahk, and funnily enough I don't think the other add-ons were ever created, even though these sections were removable. 

:kakama:

• Upvote 2

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

came with a pain of shoes in 2002 or 3 not like wmkk levels of rare but still pretty hard to find

S    Q       U    I       D     M     A     S     T     E    R

check out my imgur gallery for bionicle photography: https://mahatparthiban.imgur.com/all/

What is wmkk?

White Metal Krana-Kal.

And White Metal for those who do not know is a type of metal alloy scrap, often used in jewlery making, or as handles to chinese to-go food containers, at least the material is used as such over here on the east coast. The material is rather cheap to make and is a bit stiffer than Aluminum, but is still relatively easily maluable in thin strands or sheets like Aluminum. Also another thing to note is that depending on the metals used to make the alloy it may or may not be toxic, materials used being Antimony (which is toxic), Lead (also toxic), Tin, and Zinc, give or take. Those used in conjuction with food are not toxic for example. Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

What is wmkk?

White Metal Krana-Kal.
And White Metal for those who do not know is a type of metal alloy scrap, often used in jewlery making, or as handles to chinese to-go food containers, at least the material is used as such over here on the east coast. The material is rather cheap to make and is a bit stiffer than Aluminum, but is still relatively easily maluable in thin strands or sheets like Aluminum. Also another thing to note is that depending on the metals used to make the alloy it may or may not be toxic, materials used being Antimony (which is toxic), Lead (also toxic), Tin, and Zinc, give or take. Those used in conjuction with food are not toxic for example.

So basically what you're saying is that I shouldn't eat a WMKK.

• Upvote 1

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png

What is wmkk?

White Metal Krana-Kal.
And White Metal for those who do not know is a type of metal alloy scrap, often used in jewlery making, or as handles to chinese to-go food containers, at least the material is used as such over here on the east coast. The material is rather cheap to make and is a bit stiffer than Aluminum, but is still relatively easily maluable in thin strands or sheets like Aluminum. Also another thing to note is that depending on the metals used to make the alloy it may or may not be toxic, materials used being Antimony (which is toxic), Lead (also toxic), Tin, and Zinc, give or take. Those used in conjuction with food are not toxic for example.

So basically what you're saying is that I shouldn't eat a WMKK.

Yeah kinda, but with the whole lead thing I do not think LEGO would have permitted that metal to have been used. However Antimony to the touch (at least to my knowledge) is safe, but even trace amounts ingested, such as particles of the metal say as a part of a cup, as was used a few times in the middle ages, will make you very sick. Causing one to vomit profusely, if not killing you especially in those times, now a-days it most probably will not kill you but you will still get very ill, that is of course counting if you have gone to seek medical attention. Also to note since the material made people sick it was thought in the middle ages that food related utensils and the like made of the metal was cursed.

I doubt LEGO would have allowed antimony to be used either, but I guess you could always test that. If you don't get profusely sick and or get emotionally aggitated and psychologically unstable to a degree, than it's safe to eat... But why would one want to eat a WMKK to begin with?

Edited by Toa Imrukii
  • Upvote 1

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

• 5 years later...