Is there a way to see which year a set was produced?

CommanderKumo

Sorry about the title, it is misleading, but I couldn't think of a better way to word it.

I'm sure many of you are aware of the Pearl gold kraahkan and how it appeared in Tower of toa sets produced in 2006,  when the set was initially made in 2005, I am looking to obtain one of these Kraahkan masks but have no luck in finding the piece by its's self or as part of a used tower of toa set, my last resort is to purchase a new in box tower of toa set, but I have one key question.

Is there any way, using only the sealed box to tell what year the individual set was produced? a batch code maybe? any help is greatly appreciated

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClo2J14RKmVtcnoJTv7g6PA , Bionicle films coming soon!

Look up the set on Brickset and the info should be there under the piece if you look under parts.

The part code for that color is:4493528 and the link for the page is https://brickset.com/parts/4493528/makuta-mask

That won't help you figure out which copies of the Tower of Toa set include the recolored version, since it was a running change to the same product number rather than an entirely new set.

I don't know what to tell you, though. I don't know if there's any easy way to identify which batch a set is from from the outside of the box, let alone if you could get a seller to communicate that information with you if it were there.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother