Taka Nuvia

watertoa_col_s.jpg

This was originally just a random ballpoint pen sketch. Then I decided to colour it; sadly my scanner does not agree well with the paper (it really does look better IRL :whatsthat: ), plus the drawing is kind of small. Anyway, the character depicted is just a random Toa of Water, no particular backstory or anything here.

Essentially I just felt like drawing some 'classic' Bionicle stuff for once. C:

• Upvote 7

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Gorgeous! I really love the action pose, the curvy armor, the rays of light pouring down from the water's surface, and the colors! I do kind of feel like the placement of the left arm is a bit unusual — I understand that the arm is foreshortened, but it's hard to tell that at a glance, and the pose might be easier to read if the forearm were pointed more to the left or to the right. But on the whole this is a very good piece!

• 1 month later...

Very nice! It looks like some kind of concept art for Gali Nuva. The colors and the shading are what I appreciate more about it :)
I like how flowy the position of the character is, she really looks like she's ready to swim away fast. I also like the two color choice for her armor (an electric blue and a more green-ish one).

The mask is interesting, it has elements that make it resemble many known Kanohi.

Sadly, one never knows if something that starts as a doodle will become an actual, "finished" drawing.

hidron_nuva_idea.png