I was trying to make us prosperous. But died before getting too far on that road. Or tunnel.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Po-Koro so far seems to have been far more focused on destruction than creation. 

That includes self-destruction, given the tensions that have been building against the Turaga there. 

• Upvote 1

Embers - a new Bionicle Epic - Coming 2024 

Class Is Out - A Farewell To Corpus Rahkshi - Chapters/Review

BZPRPG Characters - Minnorak, Kain, T'harrak, Savis, Vazaria, Lash

BZPRPG Mercenary Group - The Outsiders - Description - History - Base

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

You say destruction, I say creating new potentials for the future. You have to chip away some rock to make a grand statue.

Edited by Vox

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

I think Ta-Koro has courage in abundance, considering they have to live with Elittra as their Turaga.

And are now trying to overthrow her, so there's clearly a bit too much courage. We'll have to dial that back a bit.

I think it should get dialed up.
  • Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

I think Ta-Koro has courage in abundance, considering they have to live with Elittra as their Turaga.

And are now trying to overthrow her, so there's clearly a bit too much courage. We'll have to dial that back a bit.

While I agree with you, the value of your opinions is as unreliable as the flag-in-the-wind nature of your loyalties.
  • Upvote 2

While I agree with you, the value of your opinions is as unreliable as the flag-in-the-wind nature of your loyalties.
Are you referring to this game or all in general?

Let's look at my past characters

TTL 1: Crazy person who wanted world domination. Evil Dead

TTL 2: Crazy person who wanted to destroy the fire region. Evil Dead

TTL armless: Okay leader who helped rescue Nato and Voltex. Kept alliance with Tajun. Became a pirate. Good? Alive

Daenerys: Gay Captain with a power addiction. Stabbed everyone she saw and had plans of killing wife. Evil Dead

Okay I do not have the best track record after all. :P

I'll just sit here and work on building my BZPGOT character Rassilon.

Edited by Rassilon (TTL)

Also abandoned his people during a consuming holocaust for reasons I still don't uunderstand in-character and caused the great enemy of the land to attack us directly. :P

Edited by Hyethut (Iaredios)

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Also abandoned his people during a consuming holocaust for reasons I still don't uunderstand in-character and caused the great enemy of the land to attack us directly.

Good?

My IC reason was looking for you and the troops and "just happend" to bump into Nato.

OOC was to help Nato.

Can't wait for the next episode so my ghost can know who's name to curse.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Remember to strive for your village's Principles.

Through Ta-Koro's Courage, you gain Strength: 7h6CkGj.png?1

Through Onu-Koro's Prosperity, you gain Stamina: 9YgOI1K.png?1

Through Ko-Koro's Peace, you gain Willpower: OQdpZgE.png?1

Through Po-Koro's Creation, you gain Strategy: JYtX6KX.png?1

Through Ga-Koro's Purity, you gain Speed: IXELUiC.png?1

And through Le-Koro's Faith, you gain... Accuracy? pOuvh6a.png?1

• Upvote 6

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Remember to strive for your village's Principles.

Through Ta-Koro's Courage, you gain Strength: 7h6CkGj.png?1

Through Onu-Koro's Prosperity, you gain Stamina: 9YgOI1K.png?1

Through Ko-Koro's Peace, you gain Willpower: OQdpZgE.png?1

Through Po-Koro's Creation, you gain Strategy: JYtX6KX.png?1

Through Ga-Koro's Purity, you gain Speed: IXELUiC.png?1

And through Le-Koro's Faith, you gain... Accuracy? pOuvh6a.png?1

Where do you keep finding these images?

Oh no! It is Kraakhan day!

Tiny versions of Elittra are hatching from the eggs she laid in every village, while every village has become a jungle! 

Please direct your attention to Makuta to prevent such a thing. Makuta demands either confectioneries or trickery of the highest level. 

• Upvote 7

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

pzVfeI1.png

Episode 5 – A Slaughter of Ice and Fire (Part 1)

-Nahaki-

Nahaki

Seeing the approaching guards, Nahaki focused her words on them, "I ask you, rather than command or demand you, that you please look into the hut of Elittra, and her cellar. On your nightly patrols, I would have to wonder: did you ever hear a strange moaning? I have already described what you will find, and I please ask you to verify my claims - and you will see that they are true. I want the best for Ta-Koro; I want to bring justice for Vakama and Kuan. I do not have to want to resist you, valiant guards of Ta-Koro.  To kill a man such as Vakama and go unpunished, who laid the very groundwork for the village we now stand on... I do not think such a thing should be acceptable, and rather, is grounds for impeachment. Help me help you help us all."

The guards hesitated, pausing to whisper among themselves. Two of them stayed behind to watch Nahaki, while the others ran off to investigate Elittra’s basement.

They returned a few minutes later, their faces pale, their expressions grim. One of them stepped forward, speaking out to the crowd, confirming the veracity of Nahaki’s claims. An uncertain hush fell over the square; the Matoran turned their gazes - scared, confused, desperate – to Nahaki, waiting to see what she would say next.

Nahaki bowed to the guards, "I thank you for believing, guardsmen." She turned to the crowd, "Matoran of Ta-Koro... with such revelations, and grim news, it is time to remember the past in respect and look to the future with hope. I have a dream that we can power through that future, righting the wrongs of the past. Let us stand united against evil, let us be the village that all others envy. Let us start down that both. Let us take pride in who we are and who we will become, let us make sure that nobody has to share in the fate of Kuan and Vakama. We have conquered evil before. We will do so again. I have a dream that we can, and will do so - that we will not be stopped by evil, that great Ta-Koro will never be undermined again."

She turned back to the guards, ""When Elittra returns - if she returns - I believe we can lead her into a trap. This trap, I will say, consists of myself being held hostage, under the pretence that nothing much has changed in Ta-Koro while she was gone. Indubitably, Elittra will have to be informed of my being held hostage somehow. This is because Elittra has this attachment to me, and I intend to use it against her. Thus - when Elittra appears before me - I and whoever 'takes me hostage' will get out our weapons, and incapacitate her, so that she can then stand trial against all of Ta-Koro. That is the basis of the plan. If that does not work, you will have remove her mask... and whatever lies beneath that mask, a strange fleshy thing. That is the most important thing. Are there any questions, or suggestions?"

"Wh- why wouldn't we just shoot her from the walls when she arrives?" One of the guards asked.

"We should slam the gates in her face!" Came a shout from the crowd. More shouts soon joined it. "Drown her in lava!"

Nahaki sighed. "...Guards, I would like to talk to you in the barracks."

"Where are you going?" Someone shouted from the crowd.

"We're part of Ta-Koro, too!"

"Keeping secrets already?"

"I can see why Elittra likes you so much!"

Nahaki stopped. "Please, my fellow citizens, I am not going away to plot against great Ta-Koro. I am simply telling the guards their positions and parts in our plan. What we have discovered today is indeed enraging and grim - but ousting our former leader is not something that we can do immediately. We have a plan - and I will not keep it from you that when you see Elittra, if you see Elittra, aim for her face. She  took the faces of others, so we take hers. We all agree she deserves that much. I will gather and inform the guards in the barracks, where we can go over and confirm finer details of our plan. I do not believe that this is not something we can rush."

She bowed again, signifying that her speech was at its end, "For the time being, see to the damage done to your homes by the rampage of those creatures and that earthquake."

Disgruntled mumblings drifted after Nahaki as she departed, but no one moved to stop her and the guards as they continued on their way. Once they were safely inside the barracks, Nahaki closed the door, and addressed the group, "Guardsmen of Ta-Koro. First I must ask you a question: do any of you know anything about those insectoid creatures that rampaged through the village?"

"Uh... they were big."

"And red."

"They could breathe fire!"

"From their hands!"

"Exactly.” Nahaki nodded, "When Elittra returns, they will follow her, no doubt. I believe they have a strange connection to this strange mask - it's got a strange look, and almost seems alive. I believe Elittra controls them through this strange thing, and I know she wears it beneath her own. Thus, when Elittra returns - it is of dire importance that we remove her mask, and then the strange... thing... that lies beneath."

As she spoke, Nahaki began to pace, a manifestation of her nervousness, "Guardsmen, I suggest you gather what ranged weapons you have - crossbows; longbows; throwing knives; disks - both blunt and sharp; and whatever else you can find. You have seen they can breathe fire, and so I advise to try and keep your distance from the creatures if Elittra decides to have them attack, and to aim at Elittra's face should it come to the worst. Above all, remember our defining Principle: Courage, derived from our devotion to our duties, which grant us Strength. You, as Guardsmen, know more about Ta-Koro's defences than I do. I must ask - besides the gate, drawbridge, and walls, what else do we have?"

"Not much." A guard replied, "But we could always just retract the drawbridge before she arrives, or drop it into the lava when she's on it."

"I hope that works, then,” she stopped pacing, and cast her gaze towards the weapons racks propped up against the far wall, "I do not know much of tactics and strategy, but I assume that with ranged weapons, when Elittra approaches and if all breaks loose, taking to the walls and fire your weapons would be a somewhat decent course of action."

She turned back to the guards, "Are there any secret passageways within Ta-Koro, or perhaps close on the other side of the lake of lava?  We are surrounded by it, I realise, but if so, they might be of some benefit to us.  I know that once we had a highway to Onu-Koro..."

"There are no secret passages within the village, and the old tunnels like the Onu-Koro highway collapsed in earthquakes decades ago."

"Do we know if anything perhaps valuable or anything that could help with defense was on its way to us or Onu-Koro when it collapsed? I know it happened a long time ago, but I do not believe it beyond the realm of possibility that there are things caught in that collapse that still haven't been recovered."

"No idea. Like you said, it was a long time ago."

"Hmm... just in case, I would like to order some of miners to start clearing away at it and report to me if they find anything. There has to something, considering we are the ones who trade metals... metals we could use to help strengthen Ta-Koro, as well as other such goods... Either way, it's just something I'd like to see - with Elittra still out there, it's not a massive priority but we will have to wait until Elittra gets back for the plan... although I'm less sure about potentially endangering the citizens of Ta-Koro. Hmm... do any of you have any suggestions on how to avoid endangering our citizens?"

"But... that tunnel crosses half the island. It could take months, if not years, to clear it all."

Nahaki sighed again, "Very well. Guardsmen, we will need to know when Elittra is returning - I would like some of you to stand and watch for Elittra. For the plan... I would like you to tell her that I am being held hostage."

"So... we tell her that you've been taken hostage... then what? Let her and those monsters back into the city?"

"Doing so would be unwise, I realise, if we do not want our citizens harmed. Taunt her with that 'knowledge' instead. Let's do as you suggested and lower the gates and bridge under her - in the mean time, could some of you go and watch out for Elittra, please? She may return at any time, and I would rather we are not surprised by her. I'm going to go to her hut."

Two of the guards nodded, and rushed off towards the gates, while Nahaki once again set off in the direction of Elittra’s hut.

-Kaathe-

Kaathe

"Alright boys, here's the plan," Kaathe and the ‘Patriots’ had arrived in Onu-Koro, using the chaos wrought by the recent earthquake to sneak undetected past the guards. The Kohrak swarm – save for a couple of the smaller Va creatures – were waiting on the surface above.

"You are going cause as large of a diversion as you can towards the southeastern corner of Onu-koro. Once I see guards rush off to deal with your diversion, I myself will be sneaking into the intended target and leaving a fine gift for them. Once your diversion is in acton, don't bother waiting around for me. Just ensure you can get back to Po-koro. My Kohrak will be ensuring our escapes routes remain clear."

The group rushed off into the darkened tunnels, snickering eagerly. After that, all Kaathe could do was wait. He didn’t need to wait very long.

A sudden rumbling echoed through Onu-Koro. The sounds of crumbling rock, splintering wood, and screaming Matoran. Sounds that were already all too familiar, given the recent earthquake...

...but there was no earthquake this time. No tremors, no aftershock.

This was surely the distraction Kaathe had requested.

He scrambled stealthily through the darkened streets, soon drawing close to the warehouse in which Onu-Koro stored its water supplies. Leaving the Va behind to keep watch, he slunk closer to the building. The structure had only two entrances, a set of double doors at the front, and a smaller door around the side, along with a series of narrow windows, through which Kaathe could discern that the warehouse was little more than a façade, concealing a larger, naturally formed cavern. Stacked upon rows of sturdy wooden racks inside were several dozen large wooden casks, undoubtedly containing the water.

With their numbers stretched thin by the earthquake and distraction, only two guards had remained behind to watch the water stores, one at each door. Kaathe was able to sneak up behind one of them, incapacitating them with a sleeper hold before snatching the keys from their belt and letting himself into the warehouse.

There were no guards inside the cave, only a stockpile of thirty-ish casks. The barrels were stoppered with plain wooden corks, but wax had also been poured over the stoppers, forming a visible seal. About a dozen of the barrels had broken seals, indicating that they were the ones currently in use, so Kaathe poisoned them first, crumbling up the leaves and sprinkling the resulting powder into each of the open barrels in turn.

Once that was done, he got to work breaking the seals on all of the remaining barrels, using what little poison remained to contaminate a few of them, but leaving most untainted. With all of the casks opened, it would be difficult to figure out which barrels were safe to drink from, and which weren’t.

His grim task complete, Kaathe re-locked the warehouse door, returned the keys to the guard’s belt, then took the guard’s coinpurse. With any luck, when the guard awoke, he’d simply think that he was the victim of a regular mugging.  

Satisfied with his success, Kaathe returned the way he’d come, regrouped with his Kohrak on the surface, and set off for Ko-Wahi, leaving Onu-Koro to its fate.

-Onaku-

Onaku, Whenua

Onaku nodded, "This situation has us all on edge, although perhaps not equally enough... what is it you intend to do?"

"Something that the rest of Onu-Koro would be better off not knowing about," Whenua started walking again, back along the tunnel towards Onu-Koro proper, "There are some secrets that I need to keep buried."

"Whenua... I... Are you sure you can do this alone?" Onaku asked, as an ominous rumble (Kaathe’s distraction) echoed in the distance.

"I'm not sure of anything," Whenua glanced up at the sound of the collapse, "But it sounds like there's trouble up above. Do what you can for the people of Onu-Koro... I will deal with the threat that waits below."

"And if you do not return? If you fail that which you intend to do? What happens then? At least tell me this; is what you intend to do our only hope?"

Whenua chuckled, "There's always hope. But... should I perish... seek out Vakama, in Ta-Koro, or the woman Tuyet, in Ga-Koro. Both have their secrets, and you can't trust them... but they understand the stakes."

Onaku grimaced, glancing away for a silent moment before looking back to Whenua, a certain sadness in his eyes. "Good luck..."

-Ehksidian-

Ehksidian

"Slight change of plans.” Finding the three bandits again had been an easy enough task. She joined them at the bar, sitting down beside them, “No tainted sugar...but, perhaps, a temporary spy position may be good. If any of you are willing to stick around there for a few days and gather some...info. Habits of their leaders, what they do, any potential plans...the works."

"We might be open to the idea," the leader mused, "But it's a lot more dangerous than simply delivering some poisoned sugar. We'd expect to be... compensated... for the additional risk."

"Oh, don't worry. You would indeed be compensated for the extra effort, worry not."

"Then we'd be happy to help."

"Glad to hear. No need to be there long...and, once you feel you've gathered enough information you can 'disappear' on a patrol, and come back here." She nodded, and stood up. "Good luck. The first half of your payment can be found here. It's buried about six feet under." She handed a slip of paper to the three bandits. "You'll receive the location of the second half of your payment once you give me the information."

"Pleasure doin' business with you." The trio took the paper, and set off. Once they were gone, Ehksidian set off for the barracks, finding the group of Ta-Koroan guards huddled together in a corner, keeping their distance from the Po-Koroan regulars. Or perhaps it’s the other way around.

"Men, I'm here to give you your assignments.” Ehksidian stopped before the red-armoured guardsmen, “You will be patrolling the outer districts of Po-Koro, and will keep an eye out on any potential invading forces, or Rahi activity. Any crime you encounter is to be reported directly to me. Any questions?"

"Uh... yes..." one of them spoke up, hesitant, "Why are you ordering us around, and not the Captain or Turaga?"

"They're both busy at the moment, unfortunately."

"Busy... or bigots?"

"Quin is busy, and helped sign the deal uniting Ta and Po-Koro," Ehksidian sighed. "Pahrak, on the other hand is too...prideful. And also busy."

"Very well," the group reluctantly gathered up their equipment, and set off to begin their patrols.

"Safe patrol to you all." She glanced over to some of the Po-Koro guards. "I need two of you to help me escort a prisoner to their cell." Once the failed assassin was safely locked up, Ehksidian had some business of her own to take care of in Ga-Koro.

-Fractyl-

Azalea, Fractyl

Three Ga-Koroan guards suddenly rushed into Fractyl's hut, pushing a fourth figure between them. "Sorry to burst in like this, but... well, we thought you'd want to know about this as soon as possible." One of them pulled a bag off of the head of the struggling fourth figure, revealing the unmistakable mask and armour of an Onu-Matoran. An Onu-Matoran who wore the armour of the Ussalry.  "We caught him and two others scouting around the village. We think they were trying to find a way to sneak in past our defences. The other two escaped, I'm afraid."

"Thank you. Go and check on our borders. Make sure we have others watching out and that no one else is still about, messing with anything." She then turned back to Onu-Matoran. "Did he have any weapons? Or did he just resist capture?"

"They were armed, yeah. They probably would've put up a fight, but we managed to take them by surprise. Once we took down this guy, the other two scampered off."

Fractyl closed the door, and dragged over some crates. "Let him have a seat, then.” The two guards forced the spy to sit, and Fractyl sat down opposite him.

"So, friend. Tell me about yourself. What's your name?"

"I'm not going to tell you anything." He grunted, "Just hurry up and kill me."

Fractyl chuckled softly. So this really was going to be her legacy. "I'm afraid that I don't plan on breaking anything of yours besides your misconceptions about Ga-Koro. From what my men have told me, you were just on the edge of our territories. That's hardly enough to arrest you, let alone kill you."

"If you're not going to kill or arrest me, than just let me go."

"You'll be let go no matter what as soon as you tell me what you were up to."

"Why would I believe that?"

"Times and people changed. This is no longer that old Ga Koro government who wanted to poison everyone else. So, we won't kill you… just yet." Azalea chimed in.

"Did your leadership not receive my letter? We seek allies." Fractyl added.

"I'm not here for our leadershi-" the Matoran broke off, realising he'd said too much.

"Then who are you here for, good sir?"

He sighed. "Smoke Monster. Captain of the guard. He sent us here to find a way to sneak into the village."

Fractyl allowed herself to smile a little. "See? That wasn't so bad. Why did he want you to sneak in?"

"I dunno. He just said it might be 'useful' to us."

"You're positively sure about that?"

"That's what he said."

"I see. Well, tell him that next time he can come knock on the front door."

"I don't think that's what he had in mind."

"I don't either. But it's what I have in mind for anyone coming through here. You're free to go now. Unless you have anymore questions or answers."

The man shook his head vigorously, before dashing for the door. Fractyl followed him out into the street, watching him scamper for the Koro gates without even bothering to retrieve his weapons. Once he was gone, she turned to Azalea.

"Well. That's that I suppose. Care for a walk to the beach?"

-Daenerys-

Elittra, Daenerys, Toru (after entrance)

Following the directions of a panicked messenger, Daenerys arrived at the parapet of Ko-Koro to see a column of hunched, insectoid creatures crowded onto the bridge. They were not dissimilar in appearance to the ones she'd seen on Mount Ihu, except these ones were primarily red in colour. The mouths of many of them were smeared with blood or gristle or tufts of fur, a testament to recent meals.

At the head of the column stood a lone Ta-Matoran, a cold smile on her face, a bird perched on her shoulder, and a Tahnok-Va by her side.

Elittra had arrived.

"Mata Nui! Soldiers defend the gate. Crossbows at the ready! I'll confront the Matoran myself." Daenerys stepped out of the gate and heard it close behind her. She drew her sword out and readied her arm-mounted crossbow. "I'm guessing you’re Turaga Elittra?"

"I am," Elittra crooned. "Not Turaga, however. My citizens now call me Queen. You are Daenerys, I suppose, judging by your command of your soldiers. You can tell them to relax; these creatures are under my control, and I come in peace."

"Control? How did you tame such beast?" Daenerys made no move to call off her troops.

Elittra tapped her mask. "Look closely, and you'll see."

Sure enough, as Daenerys peered closer, and she could see the squishy, twitchy blue form of the krana nestled beneath Elittra’s mask. "Follow me inside we have much to discuss. If you don't mind, can you leave them outside the gates?"

"I'm afraid I cannot - they will need to come inside. I cannot be too far away from them, or my connection to them will break... and as you might be able to guess, such an occurrence would not be desirable."

"Then let us discuss out here. I don't want to frighten my people." Daenerys put her sword away and approached Elittra. "I see you got my note. Your probably wondering why I asked you here? Well Ko-Koro and Ta-Koro share a common enemy, Ga-Koro. I don't just want them defeated I want them destroyed. With your army and creatures it be a easy task. There are similar creatures near by, is it possible that your creatures could bring one of those strange mask to me?"

Elittra shrugged, and turned to leave. "If you can't offer the courtesy of inviting me inside your walls, then we have nothing more to say to each other."

"Wait." Daenerys gave a command with her hand and the gates opened. "I'll lead you the meeting room. After all you did come all this way."

Elittra smiled, and offered Daenerys her hand to shake. "Thank you."

Toru chose that exact moment to return, cautiously edging around the crowd of Tahnok to approach the two Matoran, "Why is there a horde of hungry carnivorous giant insects standing outside the gate!?"

As if in direct response to his question, ten of the Tahnok suddenly broke off from the group, blasting fire towards Toru. Elittra shouted to call them off, before adding, "Careful, please - you startled me. Let's not risk that again."

Utterly ignoring the peril of her fellow Ko-Matoran, Daenerys shook Elittra's hand. While in mid shake Daenerys formed a twisted smile on her face… and fired her crossbow.

Alas, Elittra proved to be no stranger to twisted smiles, and the change in Daenerys' expression gave away her intentions. By the time she’d raised her crossbow and fired, Elittra was already moving.

And so were the Tahnok.

Two of them moved to stand between Elittra and Daenerys, unleashing withering blasts of flame from their claws at the fool who had dared attack their Queen. More Tahnok begin unleashing further fire blasts at the soldiers up on the walls, while others simply charged right through the Koro gates that Daenerys had so kindly opened for them.

"That does not answer my question." Toru groaned, managing to deftly evade the flames of his Tahnok attackers. Daenerys, on the other hand, wasn’t so lucky, taking a glancing hit from a Tahnok fireball. Leather split and splintered, fur sparked and smouldered, and flesh blistered and burnt. Daenerys slammed hard into the ground, smoking and screaming. She was injured, but not mortally so.  

Not yet, at least.

After rolling over in the snow in an effort to put out her flaming body, Daenerys scrambled to her feet and ran for the gates. Her best chance of defeating Elittra would be to get to her Gukko, and attack her from the air. Alas, she never made it that far, for just inside the gates, her limited force of thirty Sanctum guards were embroiled in battle against a much larger force of Tahnok. She dashed between her soldiers, barking orders as she ran, even as her guards burned and died around her.

"Enough of this!” Came Toru’s distant shout, “Ko-Koro will not die due to one person's incompetence! We surrender! ISN'T THAT RIGHT, DAENERYS?!"

Alas, Daenerys was in no position to respond. Five Tahnok had surrounded her, flinging jets of flame from their claws. Amazingly, Daenerys managed to dodge all but one of them… but one was enough. The fireball struck her in the torso, ripping through her armour to scorch the flesh beneath, knocking her to the ground.

"I'm sorry!” Toru called out again, “I couldn't hear your answer over the sound of burning flesh, could you repeat that?"

Daenerys tried to rise, tried to speak, but the only reply she managed were more flesh burning sounds, as the five Tahnok engulfed her writhing form in a searing inferno that reduced her to nothing more than slag and ashes.

END OF PART 1

• Upvote 6

Ghosts Of Bara Magna - Ash Tribe - Precipere - Kehla, Somok, Skrall, Gayle, Avinus, Zha'ar

Episode 5 – A Slaughter of Ice and Fire (Part 2)

-Grav-

Grav, Guurahk, Vali

Grav looked out across the water, watching the Le-Matoran constructing the colossal ships in the distance. Between those sailing on the rafts, and the groups working on the beach, he estimated their population to be somewhere around 50. Strangely, some of the green-clad Matoran had hints of blue on their armour as well. More telling that what he could see, however, was what he couldn’t see. There were no huts or houses on the beach, suggesting that they had a settlement hidden somewhere further into the jungle, potentially home to even more Matoran.

Making sure to leave Lewa’s axe in his cabin, Grav ordered his men to gather up the supplies he’d brought, and load it into the rowboats. Once that was done, he and Guurahk joined the guards in the boats, and began to row towards the shoreline.

The Le-Matoran soon spotted the encroaching boats, and drew their weapons – an assortment of spears, slings, and knives.

Once they were close enough, Grav stood up at the front of the boat, shouting out to the Le-Matoran, "We come in peace, led by one of your own!" He gestured to Guurahk behind him, and the guards began holding up the jugs, crates, and armour they’d brought, "We bear gifts, as well!"

While the glimmer of green visible on Guurahk’s arm served to reassure the Le-Matoran, somewhat, they still remain tense. Grav and his group were from Ta-Koro after all, and the ashen jungle on the mainland was a constant reminder of what that village was capable of.

Once Grav and his companions reached the shore, and started to clamber out of their boats, they promptly found themselves surrounded by an assortment of pointy things. "Hands where we can see them." The apparent leader of the Le-Matoran - a woman in ornate armour, with a wreath on her head and Matau's old saw-staff in her hand - called out. She glowered at each of the Ta-Matoran in turn, before fixing her gaze on RG, "Guurahk! Why have you been gone for so long? And why have you come back here... with them?"

Rising slowly, Grav executed an awkward bow. Deep within, he wished that he was burning this settlement to the ground rather than pressing his face to the dirt before it, but he recognized the striking difference in value between having the Kumu Islanders as allies, and having them as enemies. "Greetings, honorable Le-folk!" His voice rang out, sounding rather like that of a salesman. "My traveling companion has led us here so that we could attempt, on behalf of our people, some sliver of remediation for the heinous wrongs committed by our forbears upon your own. We have come bearing gifts, and the desire of our village to make fruitful peace with your own; if you would permit them, my men would be glad to show you the former, while I tell you of happenings on the mainland which, I hope, will convince you of the latter."

Grav’s words seemed to persuade most of the Le-Matoran… but not Vali. "You're a good liar," she decided, "But that might just be because it's difficult for people to read your expression." She whistled harshly, and the wavering Le-Matoran readied their weapons once again.

"Turaga!” Guurahk interjected quickly, “I was a bit...delayed...by circumstances out of my control. I was still getting used to my position as diplomat when Ta-Koro and Ga-Koro signed an agreement, and I had to go to Ta for a bit for that. After a lot of, let's say, shenanigans, there, mainly of disappearing matoran and some wierd firey insectoid mole things, I ended up coming here with Grav after their turaga, Elittra, learned of my origins."

She nodded. "Now, Guurahk... what's the situation in Ga-Koro? Did you find Emaali?"

"I was made their diplomat after most of Ga's government was restructured, as I referred to earlier. And I was going to search for Emaali before I had to go, but Nahaki of Ta-Koro came in as I was leaving and got me entangled in this mess of events..."

Grav frowned, "I'm saddened that you think I would come before you to speak lies. After all my people have done to yours, I understand your caution, but please, try to consider me without such things weighing upon your judgement. Have I not come in peace, bearing gifts, with only so many guards as to deter thugs and brigands-- a force which you could crush beneath your heel, should you so desire? I, and my leader who sends me, both deeply wish to right the wrongs our village has trespassed against yours."

The Turaga's expression still appeared critical, but she relented nonetheless. "Very well. I'll allow you this opportunity to prove your sincerity." She turned back to Guurahk, "So Emaali is still on the loose somewhere in Ga-Koro? That is... worrying."

"Unfortunately so...I'll get back to Emaali when I get back from this then."

"You'd best hope she hasn't moved on to Ta-Koro before you return," Vali sighed, "That would make these negotiations much harder."

"I'll be sure to find her as soon as I'm able to go back." Guurahk cast an accusatory glare in Grav’s direction.

"If whoever you're looking for does wind up in Ta-Koro," Grav interjected, "I could help you deal with them-- perhaps discreetly so, depending on what you want with this person. It would be my honor to so display my desire to serve your people." He gestured to the crates which still remained on the rowboat. "Speaking of: The gifts I mentioned. We have brought you food, water, and armor. The latter of which we could produce in greater quantities, as well as weapons, if you so desired."

"And what would you want in return for these 'gifts'?" Vali inquired, "The fact that you're so willing to give us weapons and armour leads me to believe you expect us to fight for you."

"I don't mean to imply or request that you assist us in our military endeavors," Grav replied. "However, I could not help but notice, when I sailed in, that your people are building ships the likes of which Mata Nui has never seen before. If you were, by chance, already planning to make use of them - particularly, by using them against one of the other Koro - then Ta-Koro would not be displeased by this, and would be willing to produce weapons for you, as well as a greater quantity of armor."

"What a generous gesture," Vali chuckled, making a gesture to her troops, who lowered their weapons, "Very well. Follow me. There's something you need to see." She began walking across the beach, towards the treeline.

Grav followed cautiously, carefully monitoring his surroundings as the group entered the jungle. There didn't seem to be any clear, obvious path through the overgrown snarl of greenery, yet Vali and her entourage were able to navigate through the mess without any difficulty. After a few minutes, Grav started to notice ropes and wires woven around and through the vines and branches. It appeared that the locals had booby-trapped the jungle, and Vali was leading the group party safely past the tripwires.

Soon afterwards, Vali stopped abruptly, in a seemingly unremarkable patch of jungle. She pointed upwards. "We've arrived."

In the treetops above, Grav could see a sprawling nest of bridges and walkways, interspersed with branch-borne huts and camouflaged treehouses. Gukko birds nested among the branches, and tame brakas screeched down at him from their perches, tended to by dozens more Matoran, clad in the familar green of Le-Matoran, and the stranger green/blue combination Grav had glimpsed earlier.  

"Welcome to New Le-Koro."

-Fractyl-

Ehksidian, Fractyl, Azalea

"Onu Koro... I wonder what they could be planning if that guard wanted to find a way to sneak into here." Azalea pondered, as she and Fractly strolled along the shoreline.

The Turaga’s reply was grim, "Murder, probably."

"Perhaps, I guess. I could see it as slightly justifiable if it was the old Ga Koro monarchy but, I don't think the current Ga Koro did anything to spite the other villages." She sighed. "Guess others are always going to hate this village because Ga Koro had sinned in the past."

"Ironic that we're now relying on the past to save us."

"That reminds me. That letter before... which village do you think it came from?" Azalea asked, referring to a message that had arrived earlier, claiming that Po-Koro had hidden spies within Ga-Koro’s soldiers.

"Not from within, judging by the talon marks on the paper. And it doesn't seem to be worded too formally. The author may have been pressed for time, or is simply someone who isn't used to writing formal messages. So I'm guessing it isn't anyone in a leadership position, and I doubt Po-Koro would have a traitor in their midst. I really wish we knew more about life outside Ga-Koro - perhaps someone has come into an alliance with the Stone peoples."

"Maybe I can head to Po Koro to try and trace the origin of the writer. I mean, how else would they know there are spies here? It's their own people I would assume. Or would that be too risky?"

"Incredibly risky. We haven't even gotten a single response to our letter - good or bad."

"Well, between the Makuta cult, Onu Matoran sneaking into here, and spies possibly hidden within the ranks, Ga Koro certainly has quite a few interesting situations to deal with. I think we should find a good way to weed out the spies first."

"I don't think we have much to worry about. We've done nothing suspicious, so they can report on that all they want. And if they try sabotage, they'll do the weeding out for us."

"Fine, fine. Whatever you say but, we can't sit idly forever."

"I know. Once we hear back from the divers or something else happens down here, we should probably step out of our own lands for once."

It was then that a messenger ran up to the pair, informing them that Ehksidian of Po-Koro had just arrived. They returned to Ga-Koro to find Ehksidian waiting for them at the gates.

"Greetings, esteemed visitor.” Fractyl said, “How may we help you?"

"The letter that you sent out. That's why I'm here. It's at least...pertinent to humor these sorts of things from time to time." Ehksidian replied.

"Ah." Fractyl nodded, mildly surprised. Given all of the talk of spies, she’d been half-expecting a personal declaration of war, "Where would you prefer to speak? I understand any... Reservations you may have."

"Somewhere...not in public. I also have some matters unrelated to the letter to discuss. Something very, very important."

"Outside, then." Fractyl stepped out through the Koro gates, Azalea trailing behind.

"...Yes, let's go with that. Tell me about this...plan of yours. Once you're done I can...tell you about some recent events which occurred in Po. Things that are very important for the leader of Ga-Koro to hear."

"Well. I have received information from a certain source that speaks of unity among the regions - or at least among one individual from each - as the path to walk in moving forwards to restoring our island. Now, I'm not inclined to completely trust these rumors, especially because they involve an attempt at awakening one or both of the ancient brothers, but legend or no legend peace among the people of Mata Nui is a step in the right direction. So my plan is very simple, I suppose. I'm hoping to dispel the rumors that Ga-Koro is still a bloodthirsty band of conquerors, and hopefully promote alliances between villages and prevent war from breaking out...unless it already has. Truthfully I know very little of the affairs outside of Ga-Koro, as my letter said."

Ehksidian sighed. "I'm unsure if that's possible. After what Ga-Koro did in the past, I doubt the citizens of Po-Koro would be willing to join in an alliance...even if you are trying to turn over a new leaf. You said you don't know about anything happening outside Ga-Koro, correct? What about what's happening in Ga-Koro? Any...suspicious activity? People...leaving cloaked, or anything of that sort? Because both Quin and Pahrak were attacked by a band of assassins."

She let that statement hang in the air. "Assassins apparently hired by Ga-Koro."

Fractyl raised an eyebrow. "Now that is certainly news to me. Ga-Koro has done nothing of the sort, as far as I know. We haven't really had any of our citizens coming and going, especially because we're not on good terms with most others as you've mentioned. I am sorry to hear of such acts, but I'm glad they've survived. Several Onu-Matoran were sneaking about here just a little bit ago, apparently acting on the orders of their captain. I sent the one my guards caught on his way. And shortly after that, I received an anonymous letter that there are spies in Ga-Koro reporting to Po-Koro. Although that could just as easily be misinformation, like what you've heard about assassins. Even if there are spies, we have nothing to hide here."

Ehksidian, too, raised an eyebrow. "Onu-Koroans sneaking around? Interesting...I didn't think you sent the assassination order. Or that Ga-Koro actually sent it, unless it was someone else here who did so. If you wanted Pahrak and Quin dead, it would've been as easy as poisoning their food...instead of sending twelve assassins after them. And...hm. I don't know of any Ga-Koro spies. Believe me, I'd be well aware of that sort of thing. Perhaps this is misinformation...and...wait... what were those Onu-Koroans doing here, specifically? And who was their captain?"

"I wouldn't want them dead," Fractyl reassured quietly, and then snapped her fingers. "Um. Smoke Monster. That's who he said the captain was. He said they were sent to find a way into Ga-Koro but nothing further. I couldn't detect any sign of a lie from him. He and his fellows were apparently armed and resisting before my guards nabbed him."

"Smoke Monster, eh? Interesting...very interesting...I can't see anything good coming from people slinking around in an attempt to find a way in...And where did you hear about the spies? Just rumors, floating around? Or someone - or something - specific? Perhaps we'll have to talk with this Smoke Monster."

"Perhaps. And yes, something concrete." She handed the letter to Ehksidian, "Oh, and I just remembered that the Onu-Matoran let slip that he wasn't acting on behalf of his village's proper leadership."

"An anonymous source, huh...? The information about the assassination also didn't come from any specified matoran. I'm getting more and more suspicious of these Onu-Koroans with every passing moment...especially since they weren't acting under their leader's advice. If only the Kohrok didn't eat the assassins, maybe I could've compared the handwriting."

"And I doubted it would be from within your ranks because, well, Po-Koro really doesn't like us at all. And it would be a stretch coming from another village because they'd either have to learn about it from within Ga-Koro, and no one ever comes here, or from Po-Koro, and I doubt they'd just happen to hear top-secret information like that. What's a Kohrak?"

"...Don't worry about it. Just some...Rahi that have been hanging around Po-Koro. I have a feeling these Onu-Koroans may have something to do with this letter, and the assassination attempt. Or, more specifically...this Smoke Monster may have something to do with it. It's just too suspicious. Even if they aren't involved, I still think it would be very important for you to interrogate Smoke just to figure out...why they were snooping around."

"I'd have to be careful. Going there personally could be bad, because it looks like these letters are attempting to instigate war between us. Meaning he wants us both gone. Sending a letter could be similary bad, because who knows if he'd get it or if their leaders would."

"I would strongly advise against going there alone, or sending someone alone. Though...perhaps it might work out if I were to go. After all, I could go under the pretense that I wish to ally with Onu-Koro due to the recent 'attack' by you. It's a bit underhanded, but means Smoke may not suspect anything."

"I wouldn't want you risking your neck for someone else's sake - especially mine of all people. What if we both went? I think his reaction would definitely give us an answer on his involvement."

"That's a good idea too...and, well, it's not just for you. They wanted both Po and Ga to fight. And with how few soldiers we have in Po, that would've been disastrous."

"We could take a boat from here, swing up around through Po-Koro and collect anything you want, and then head down to Onu-Koro."

"I have nothing to collect from Po-Koro. Might as well go, then. Never been on a boat myself..."

"We can just cut straight through on foot then, if you'd rather not. Boat is a bit safer of course."

"Let's go by foot. I don't feel like vomiting my lungs out."

"Alright. Let's get some stuff then, and then we'll be off." Fractyl turned to her scout, "I won't keep you from coming if you want, Azalea, but Vezon is still busy with the divers as far as I know. We need someone to keep an eye on this place."

"Yeah. I'll hold the fort here. Stay safe on your travels." Azalea responded. "You're heading for Onu Koro, right? I'll follow you whenever I feel like it or when Vezon comes back."

"Yes, we're going to Onu-Koro." Ehksidian confirmed.

And, once Fractyl had gathered up a few guards to accompany them, that was exactly where they went.

-Elittra-

Elittra, Toru (until death)

Ko-Koro’s spirit had died with Daenerys. With their commanding officer incinerated, most threw down their weapons, or fell into a hasty retreat, leaving Elittra free to corral the remainder. "You will go now. Gather trade materials. Animal pelts, traps, horns, teeth. Bring enough food and drink to feed twenty of you for two weeks. Once you have gathered it all, return here. If you try to flee, or continue fighting back, well..." she gestured to the Tahnok, “I'd advise you not risk forcing them to burn your Koro down."

Behind her, three of the Tahnok were advancing on Toru, who simply gave up, "Well, I knew you were stupid, but thi-” screams and sizzling drowned out whatever else he was going to say. As he collapsed, Elittra caught a glimpse of green beneath his white (swiftly becoming black) armour. Given her recent encounter with Guurahk, it seemed logical to surmise that Toru had been another disguised Le-Matoran.

"Bu-but... He surrendered!" One of the soldiers cried out, outrage overcoming their fear. "He wasn't a threat! He wasn't even armed!" More shouts joined the first, insults accompanying the protests. Some of the guards looked like they were about to make a grab for their abandoned weapons, while those who hadn't laid down their arms yet clutched their weapons close, ready to defend themselves if need be.

Elittra stared at them, unimpressed. "I was just attacked by all of you before what was supposed to be a peaceful diplomatic meeting could even begin. I have shown you mercy so far because you are not your commanders. Do as I have commanded, and there will be peace; I will take the trade goods and go."

"We'll give you the trade goods," the outraged shouts begin to die down to disgruntled mumbling, "Take whatever you want, but we're not leaving." It was clear from their expressions that the Matoran still expected Elittra to kill them; they wanted to die here, their home, rather than being paraded all the way to Ta-Koro and executed there.

"Then gather the goods, and bring them here."

Although clearly reluctant, the defeated Ko-Koroans complied nonetheless, handing an assortment of crates, bags, and cages over to the Tahnok-Va.

Despite their compliance, Elittra did contemplate burning them all, but ultimately decided against it. It would be a waste of resources, and a show of mercy after defeating them so single handedly would serve as an excellent show of power. Elittra and her army left Ko-Koro the way they’d come, burning the bridge behind them.

Let Ko-Koro remember what happened when they met a peaceful negotiation with battle, and lost.

-Kaathe-

Kaathe

When he’d first donned his Krana, Kaathe had almost been overwhelmed by an incredible, impossible awareness. He’d been able to sense, for a few brief moments, every last Bohrok and Va on Mata Nui… including a swarm in Ko-Wahi.

But, as he encroached deeper into the icy landscape, Kaathe’s Kohrak began to grow agitated. Through his mental connection to them, he could glimpse fragmented flashes of imagery… ...creatures like his own, coloured red, being led by a female Ta-Matoran with a krana on her face... other creatures, further away, brown in colour, chasing another krana through the snow... hammers falling on the fleeing krana, pounding at its feeble flesh...

Kaathe focused his attention on the visions of the brown creatures, trying to discern their surroundings – they were somewhere elevated, surrounded by wind and white.

Mount Ihu.

Gathering his Kohrak around him, Kaathe began ascending the mountain, soon discovering deep furrows in the dense snow, the mark of heavy bodies forcing their way up the slope. Even the Kohrak were beginning to struggle in the loose, powdery snow, frequently losing their footing, or sliding backwards. Even the creatures of ice were out of their element.

Kaathe called his column to a halt, save for a small squad of Va he’d sent on ahead to scout the terrain. Just up ahead, it looked like the slope would level out a little more… but there was a problem. The Kohrak-Va up ahead were sending Kaathe images of creatures very similar to themselves, albeit brown in colour, advancing down the slope towards him.

He ordered them to retreat, while instructing five of the Kohrak to take up positions at the base of the crest. As soon as the brown creatures came into view, they were blasted with frost, freezing most of them solid. Those whose arms were still free began chipping away at the ice with their hammers. Above the sound of their feeble hammering, Kaathe could hear something else: a heavy, rhythmic stomping coming from further up the slope, and growing steadily closer.

Ordering the Kohrak to rejoin the main group behind him, Kaathe reached out with the strange senses his krana provided, hoping to gain some indication of where the other krana had gone. What he could sense, however, was nothing.

And the stomping footsteps were still coming closer.

-Iaredios-

Smoke Monster, Onaku, Erihapeti

The source of the strange collapse had revealed itself to be an act of deliberate sabotage. Someone had destroyed the support on the Ussal pens, bringing down a section of the rocky ceiling, and sending panicked, wounded rahi stampeding through the streets. While the Ussalry rushed around trying to restrain the animals, Iaredios had met with the recently-returned Smoke Monster to investigate the site.

"I will be honest with you, Turaga. I'm not surprised that something like this happened. Given the revelation I have had, I'm surprised it didn't happened sooner."

"What revelation would that be exactly Captain? ...I have been preoccupied with matters down here, only receiving two letters from the outside world."

"A revelation ignored by almost everyone on the island.” Smoke replied. "If you wish for me to reveal this to you, I will talk to you in private."

"Then you can tell me when we are done and when I need to inform you of other details. I wont hinder you further, go help. I need a word with Onaku and then I will assist as well."

As Iaredios set off to find his diplomat, he saw citizens and guards alike aiding those who had been injured in the earthquake and attack on the Ussal stables. Food, water, and blankets were being distributed to the injured and displaced. Grabbing himself a drink, Iaredios wandered past his hut… and froze.

The rescued miner, Mavrah, lay dead on the floor, a discarded cup lying next to his outstretched hand. The sounds of coughing and gagging began to echo through the tunnels of Onu-Koro, and Iaredios broke into a run. He saw Erihapeti fall, blood frothing in her mouth, more Matoran collapsing and dying all around her.

And then he stopped, feeling a burning sensation in his stomach and throat. The last thing he saw was Onaku in the distance, inspecting a tankard of water before throwing it away in disgust.  “My compatriots, avenge me.” Iaredios’ voice came out in a hoarse, bloody whisper, “And I hope my policies in trade survive.”

With that, he died, falling face first onto the earth he’d once ruled.

END OF EPISODE 5

- Sorry it took so long to finally finish writing this one.

- Iaredios, Erihapeti, Toru, and Daenerys are all dead.

- Both Ko and Onu Wahi have lost a number of NPCs as well.

- I’ll still be taking a break after this episode to settle some IRL stuff, but considering how long this took to write, I’ll try not to make you guys wait a full week to pick things back up again.

EPISODE 6 DOESN’T BEGIN NOW

• Upvote 7