What The Lego Movies would you like to happen?

Lenny7092

Ever since The Lego Movie in 2014 happened and became successful, it created a Cinematic Universe called The Lego Cinematic Universe. This inspired the creation of The Lego Batman Movie and The Lego Ninjago Movie in this year, which are spin-offs that are based on minor heroic characters who appeared in The Lego Movie. The Batman one is successful while the Ninjago got mixed reviews for some reason. But, it did get very nice comments that you see on TV. Plus, I thought the movie was good. Also, The Lego Movie is getting a sequel in 2019, and there will be a new movie called The Billion Brick Race in the same year (I have no idea what that is). The Lego Movie Cinematic Universe is sort of like Marvel Cinematic Universe (2008-present) and DC Extended Universe (2013-present). I am very impressed with the cinematic universe, so I made this list of franchises that I hope will get their own movies in the Cinematic Universe and its spin-offs that I hope will get their sequels somehow:

1. Bionicle

2. Hero Factory

3. Nexo Knights

4. Legends of Chima

5. Mixels

6. Sonic the Hedgehog

7. Mario

8. Angry Birds

9. Marvel (I would go with either Spider-Man the most or Iron Man)

10. Star Wars

11. A sequel for The Lego Batman Movie in 2017 (there are some unused villainous enemies of Batman in DC Comics)

12. A sequel for The Lego Ninjago Movie in 2017 (there are a lot of unused villains in the Ninjago franchise)

So, what do you think, guys? What movies do you have in mind? :)

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

Here's my shortlist:

1. The Lego Bionicle Movie

2. The Lego Friends Movie

3. The Lego Ninjago Movie 2

4. The Lego Batman Movie 2

5 The Lego Unikitty Movie

6. The Lego Space Movie (starring Benny)

Ultimately, I don't think we're likely to see most of these. After the disappointing box office returns for The Lego Ninjago Movie, I expect to see them ease back on spinoffs, especially ones based on original themes.

Edited by Lyichir
  • Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Here's my shortlist:

Ultimately, I don't think we're likely to see most of these. After the disappointing box office returns for The Lego Ninjago Movie, I expect to see them ease back on spinoffs, especially ones based on original themes.

If a Bionicle G3 made a big enough impact I could see it getting a movie but maybe just for TV like that use to.

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Here's my shortlist:

If a Bionicle G3 made a big enough impact I could see it getting a movie but maybe just for TV like that use to.

To be honest, in regards to a movie in the "Lego Cinematic Universe", I'm not 100% sure a "G3" would be necessary. A Bionicle movie like that would likely be a reboot in and of itself, like the Ninjago one, with sets designed from the ground up for the purpose of the movie. The only reason a "G3" might have to come first would be to revitalize the Bionicle brand, a standalone movie might honestly go farther to do so than an ordinary reboot—having seen that fail for G2, it might just as easily work better the other way around, relaunching with a high-profile movie before transitioning into an ongoing storyline.

Of course, I don't really see either scenario happening for a good long while. Bionicle G2 floundered, and the Ninjago movie will likely make WB hesitant to create another movie based on a specific original Lego IP. And if even Ninjago was a a gamble that didn't totally pay off, a Bionicle movie would be a much, much riskier one.

• Upvote 1

Personally, I'd be most interested in seeing movies for the '90s themes that I grew up with. A Lego Adventurers Movie; a Lego Rock Raiders Movie; a Lego Ninja Movie based on the '98 theme... those would be the big three for me, honestly. I know there's absolutely no profit to be made from old themes like that, especially since a lot of AFOLs I've noticed seem to regard that era as Lego's big "dark age", but my nostalgic self would definitely invest in those.

Or maybe just a Lego '90s Movie in general, that crosses over all those old themes, the way the comics in Lego World Club / Lego Mania magazine always used to. Again, not plausible as it only targets the very small nostalgic niche... but this thread is for what we'd like to see, not what we expect to see xD

In terms of what's plausible, I imagine Lego's just going to go back to licensed themes for their movies from here on out, given that the one based on one of their own didn't seem to take off. In that case... well, I'd totally be interested in a Lego Harry Potter Movie, especially after the cameos by Dumbledore and Voldemort, respectively, in the first two Lego movies. I can't say I can really see that happening, either, but... I can dream, right? xD

Edited by Darth Jaller

Banner.png.3e903c5c49a30ba9503c72b2d57066b0.png

"New legends awake, but old lessons must be remembered.
For that is the way
of the BIONICLE."

Might be fun to see a "The Lego Rejects Movie" sort of thing featuring all the themes that are no longer in production.

Voicing your opinions with tact is the best way to keep a discussion from becoming an argument.
So far as I'm aware, it's pronounced like this: We're ee ah moo.

Check out my Creations:

Epics

G1 Battle for Spherus Magna - G2 A Lingering Shadow

Short Stories

G1 Fallen Guardian - G2 Shadows of Past and Future (The Legend Continues Entry) Head of Stone, Heart of Jungle

MOCs

Mask Hoarder, Desert Scourge

Might be fun to see a "The Lego Rejects Movie" sort of thing featuring all the themes that are no longer in production.

Hm... got to wonder about the business case for a movie focused on themes that were not successful enough to continue. If you group them all together, do you get a recipe for success?

I suppose maybe, particularly if instead of making it a spin-off you use it as a plot concept for "The Lego Movie 3" or something. Tie it together with the popular main characters and you just might have the makings of a hit.

• Upvote 2

Hm... got to wonder about the business case for a movie focused on themes that were not successful enough to continue. If you group them all together, do you get a recipe for success?

I suppose maybe, particularly if instead of making it a spin-off you use it as a plot concept for "The Lego Movie 3" or something. Tie it together with the popular main characters and you just might have the makings of a hit.

I would imagine it to be similar to Guardians of the Galaxy, Suicide Squad, and that SpongeBob Squarepants episode where SpongeBob worked with some rejects to get good reception from people after he ripped his pants. I mean, the movie would be about unpopular rejects/characters from rejected, unpopular, or rudely discontinued Lego themes who would work together to do something successful. You see what I’m talking about?

Anyway, if that movie were to happen, what rejected, unpopular, or rudely discontinued themes do you have in mind? For me, I have a list of them:

1. Legends of Chima

2. Hero Factory

3. Power Miners

4. Atlantis in 2010

5. Pharaoh’s Quest in 2011

6. Alien Conquest in 2011

7. Dino Attack in 2012

8. Monster Fighters in 2012

9. Galaxy Squad in 2013

10. Space Police

11. Nexo Knights (Soon to be)

12. Mixels

13. Lego: The Adventures of Clutch Powers in 2010

14. Lego City Undercover

15. Themes that are based on secret agents, like Ultra Agents in 2014-2015 and some theme with a villain named Doctor Inferno

16. Pirates

17. Rock Raiders

18. Vikings

19. The theme with Johnny Thunder

20. Galidor

21. Slizers/Throwbots

22. RoboRiders

Yeah, I know it’s a lot.:( But yeah, when they are rejected, they could work together to, well, I don’t know, form a team of heroes and get famous from people.:)

• 1 month later...

Bionicle first of all... But in their minifigure forms. It would kind of be a more lighthearted, spirits version of 2001. And, to be honest, I don't think it would be easy to stop motion-CGI constraction figures and still make them relatable. The minifigures would look a lot like ttv's G3 Brickonicle proposal, but Lewa would still be male. Maybe there could be a Toa of lightning girl who joins the team! And maybe Pohatu is hooked on 80s rock music. Onua could be a terrible chef. Lewa could have a crush on Gali. Developing the Toa's characters to make them look more human would be essential for the movie. Also, no over-the-top sci-fi, complicated plots like the last years of G1. This is for a new range of fans. It will satisfy nostalgic fans while enlightening a new audience! How cool is that?

Next... Oh, Karzahni, I just have to say this... Chima. Yes, Chima. Even though it wasn't Lego's bed theme, I still think it would be great on the big screen!

Finally, the Matoran movie. An entire movie, just about the 2001 matoran, living on Mata Nui before the Toa arrived. Takua would be the hero, of course, and there would be some epic rahi fights! And they would be minifigures with short legs.

What do you think?

• Upvote 1
Evil knows, that hope is afloat.

Where life is enslaved, all can be saved.

Light will unite, what now darkness divides.

Spark the flame of the heart

FOR THE FUTURE TO START.

Read my epic G2 fanfic, Beyond Okoto, and find out what happened after the Toa left Okoto!

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard that The LEGO Super Heroes Movie would be brilliant, one reason being that, since LEGO is the only company with rights to both Marvel and DC, it's the only company that could give us a Marvel vs. DC movie. LEGO took advantage of owning both licenses in The LEGO Batman Movie with Batman's password being "Iron Man sucks."

(Being a spelling/grammar weirdo, if anyone else notices I spelled "superheroes" as two words, it's because LEGO officially calls the line LEGO Super Heroes.)

I'd also say The LEGO Star Wars Movie, except that Star Wars is also primarily a film series.

Fun fact: I have accidentally called the original LEGO movie "The LEGO Emmet Movie" because of how distinctive it is compared to the other two.

• Upvote 3

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I've heard that The LEGO Super Heroes Movie would be brilliant, one reason being that, since LEGO is the only company with rights to both Marvel and DC, it's the only company that could give us a Marvel vs. DC movie. LEGO took advantage of owning both licenses in The LEGO Batman Movie with Batman's password being "Iron Man sucks."

I don't think the "Iron Man sucks" password required any sort of license. You don't need the rights to a character to mention their name in a movie. If he actually appeared in any capacity it'd be a different story.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

A movie based on Time Twisters would be interesting (but may seem too much like other time-travel series). You need a simple enough backstory to explain to viewers who don't care, while still being able to squeeze in the existing lore of the LEGO series.

It's hard to think of something that would lend itself well to a theatrical release, and they've been veering closer to generic kiddie movie territory (seemingly instead of a shared universe) ever since they kicked this thing off.

Ignoring those considerations, I'd like to see them put together epics covering the classic evergreen themes. Pirates, Castle, and Space could each be covered in a way that showed different factions rising over time. Or maybe not, since the good/evil dichotomy of most kiddie films would be ruined by Castle's morally ambiguous factions, which frequently had someone from the previous series in a prison cell. Still, the idea of a modern kid's tale based around older (but still existing) series could be fun.

While I'm dreaming, how about a faux documentary about deforestation and gentrification in LEGOLAND? The cypress tree went extinct when the small Town got paved over to become a World City...and due to poor zoning laws, some neighborhoods had nothing but police stations and fire stations for years.

• Upvote 2

While I'm dreaming, how about a faux documentary about deforestation and gentrification in LEGOLAND? The cypress tree went extinct when the small Town got paved over to become a World City...and due to poor zoning laws, some neighborhoods had nothing but police stations and fire stations for years.

With rampant crime (all over the place) and no healthcare to speak of, this could be fascinating.

Hand-drawn, bespoke avatar by none other than Mushy the Mushroom.

a body adrift in water, salt, and sky

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Bionicle first of all... But in their minifigure forms. It would kind of be a more lighthearted, spirits version of 2001. And, to be honest, I don't think it would be easy to stop motion-CGI constraction figures and still make them relatable. The minifigures would look a lot like ttv's G3 Brickonicle proposal, but Lewa would still be male. Maybe there could be a Toa of lightning girl who joins the team! And maybe Pohatu is hooked on 80s rock music. Onua could be a terrible chef. Lewa could have a crush on Gali. Developing the Toa's characters to make them look more human would be essential for the movie. Also, no over-the-top sci-fi, complicated plots like the last years of G1. This is for a new range of fans. It will satisfy nostalgic fans while enlightening a new audience! How cool is that?

Next... Oh, Karzahni, I just have to say this... Chima. Yes, Chima. Even though it wasn't Lego's bed theme, I still think it would be great on the big screen!

Finally, the Matoran movie. An entire movie, just about the 2001 matoran, living on Mata Nui before the Toa arrived. Takua would be the hero, of course, and there would be some epic rahi fights! And they would be minifigures with short legs.

What do you think?

These are good ideas. I would go with the Toa movie first becaus they are reasonable the main characters in Bionicle. Then, have the Matoran movie as a spin-off to that (make me think of Mata Nui Online Game).:) Man, the Matoran movie would be funny. Lol.:P

Edited by Lenny7092