Miru Vs. Kadin

I know why out of universe these two exist side-by-side, but if one had a choice between the two, why would anyone choose the Miru over the Kadin? Levitation vs. Flight - it's obvious which is better. Am I missing something or is there a situation where their Miru is better than the Kadin?

To quote bonesiii from this thread:

With Flight, you can't hover. As Greg explained it, if you need to hover for example to get a mask off the roof of a cave filled with deadly-sharp stalactites, flying at them like an airplane is going to be very risky, but with Miru you can take your time and play it safe.

Miru is also far more efficient for Toa of Air, as they can already use their air powers to propel themselves forward, but using air to make yourself hover is very difficult (so in that case they are like a helicopter; able to both fly fast and levitate in place, or really a blimp with powerful engines to be precise). For non-Le-Toa, Kadin will usually be more useful.

So basically, the Miru allows more precise control and slower speed, at the sacrifice of propulsion.

• Upvote 4

sigbanner.gif

There might also be a question of availability. We know that a Kanohi Miru can be crafted from a Kanoka Disk of Levitation, which in turn is created by merging a teleport and a weaken disk.

We don't know, on the other hand, the Kanoka mix that was necessary to craft a Kanohi Kadin, but it cannot be coincidence that, when the Toa Hordika retrieved the Kanohi stored in the Great Temple, they found at least six Miru (the ones that would later be collected by the Toa Mata) and not even a single Kadin.

It might be that a Kanohi Kadin was more difficult to make or perhaps Metru Nui's mask makers did not even know how to obtain one. Consequently, there might have been simply more Masks of Levitation available than Masks of Flight.

• Upvote 1

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

There might also be a question of availability. We know that a Kanohi Miru can be crafted from a Kanoka Disk of Levitation, which in turn is created by merging a teleport and a weaken disk.

We don't know, on the other hand, the Kanoka mix that was necessary to craft a Kanohi Kadin, but it cannot be coincidence that, when the Toa Hordika retrieved the Kanohi stored in the Great Temple, they found at least six Miru (the ones that would later be collected by the Toa Mata) and not even a single Kadin.

It might be that a Kanohi Kadin was more difficult to make or perhaps Metru Nui's mask makers did not even know how to obtain one. Consequently, there might have been simply more Masks of Levitation available than Masks of Flight.

If I had to guess, I'd say combining a disk of levitation and speed together would emulate flight. Although that combo might already exist which totally disproves the theory :P

You do have a point though, it is odd that of all the Great and Noble masks the Turaga bring to Mata Nui are basically six each of only twelve different masks *coughcollectablescough* You'd think that the city with and *entire* district dedicated to making masks would know how to make more than just the standard 12. (Makuta wanted Vakama to make a mask of time, which had never existed before)

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

If I had to guess, I'd say combining a disk of levitation and speed together would emulate flight. Although that combo might already exist which totally disproves the theory :P

You do have a point though, it is odd that of all the Great and Noble masks the Turaga bring to Mata Nui are basically six each of only twelve different masks *coughcollectablescough* You'd think that the city with and *entire* district dedicated to making masks would know how to make more than just the standard 12. (Makuta wanted Vakama to make a mask of time, which had never existed before)

In-universe, you could just go with the simple explanation that most other masks were destroyed during the Great Cataclysm and the subsequent Visorak occupation. Still not a real great reason, but I can live with it ha.

rahkshi_symbol.png

• 3 weeks later...

why would anyone choose the Miru over the Kadin?

why would anyone choose a Helicopter over an Airplane?

:kakama:

Mobility over Speed, or vice versa.

All that righht there is really all that needs to be said to describe and compare the two masks.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png