Repost shtuffs. Just for fun. :biggrin: Having some trouble with the coding for some reason, so bear with me if stuff is lacking.

"It came on great oiled, resilient, striding legs. It towered thirty feet above half of the trees, a great evil god, folding its delicate watchmaker's claws close to its oily reptilian chest. Each lower leg was a piston, a thousand pounds of white bone, sunk in thick ropes of muscle, sheathed over in a gleam of pebbled skin like the mail of a terrible warrior. Each thigh was a ton of meat, ivory, and steel mesh. And from the great breathing cage of the upper body those two delicate arms dangled out front, arms with hands which might pick up and examine men like toys, while the snake neck coiled. And the head itself, a ton of sculptured stone, lifted easily upon the sky. Its mouth gaped, exposing a fence of teeth like daggers. Its eyes rolled, ostrich eggs, empty of all expression save hunger. It closed its mouth in a death grin. It ran, its pelvic bones crushing aside trees and bushes, its taloned feet clawing damp earth, leaving prints six inches deep wherever it settled its weight."

Good story, btw. Highly recommend it if you haven't read it.

Anyway. Unfortunately, I didn't have the most time in the world for this contest, so I finished something that had been partially assembled for a while. Its a revamp of an ooold MOC of mine from a time when dinosaurs roamed the earth. And the original seemed to be quite a fan favorite, although in retrospect I think it was rather hideous, but in any case hopefully this one will be well received as well.

Oh, yeah, also: brief backstory. It's a flying dinosaur. It also goes rawr and OM NOM NOMs people/heroes. Its babies are fluffy and adorable. That's the gist of it.

13.jpg_thumb.jpg

Full front images can be seen on image numbers 1-4, 10-12 for easy reference.

A few important points, also. Yes, it does have more than enough Hero Factory pieces for the contest requirement. At least ten can be seen in the front images, and various other ones are on different parts of the body. Credit to Elzy for the awesome claw design.

signoff2.png

Edited by Ballom

Thanks! And yes, I did in fact. Here's a rather blurry picture. Was taken around three years ago, shortly after the original version of the adult. My photography skills were a lot worse back then, so sorry if you can't make much out. :P~B~

Edited by Ballom

Hello, This is a very nice, solid construction. The Hero Factory elements are seamlessly integrated into the body, and they are certainly nice details that help to accentuate different areas on the MOC. I particularly appreciate the hand design; that armor piece meshes quite well with its fingers. A job well done :)

Rahkshi8000

Reminds me of an old school Rahi, I'd say Tahtorak. At the same time there's a lot of shiny new hero factory pieces dotted about, which give it a lot of fluidity in the limbs. Looks more strongly put together than old school Rahi as well, with the pistons holding the wings up. Colour scheme is awesome except perhaps the claws. I feel that the claws/talons/finger nails should match the claws on the feet in colour, but that's my only quibble.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

Actually, Draezeth, now that I think about it, this big guy does share some similarities with Azure Rathalos. But no, I was not inspired by Monster Hunter in making it, since the first version was built long before I discovered the joys of that game series. The main reason the feet have Gali hooks for claws is that I was going for a raptor talon look, like a giant bird of prey. However, I do not have very many of those pieces in white, so I used silver. I figured that it would match the single claws (again, Gali hooks) on the wings, which are also in silver. On the original every tooth and claw was in that color, but here I mainly wanted to change the teeth and the finger claws to white. And remember, if you guys like the T-rahk, feel free to vote for it in the Hero Factory contest polls! ~B~

Edited by Ballom

Nice solid build IMO. The colour scheme is nice and smooth. The teeth and wings stand out for me which is a good thing. :) The thighs look pretty complex and looks are good. The pieces from Kiina for the spine are a nice touch too. Over all a nice MOC which I will keep an I on in the polls. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments, PrestoPotato. I agree that the wings and teeth mechanisms are some of the better sections, although the wings could use more blades to better achieve the effect. And speaking of the polls, this beastie actually managed to advance to the finals! It was met with some strong opposition and didn't fare too well there, but I'm still glad it got that far. :) ~B~

Wow, this is sensational. Structurally, the only parts I can critique are the wings: they're too rigid. I do think the pistons are a great touch, but the beams make them look unbendable, not collapsible, as they ought to be. In regards to color scheme, nicely done. On this scale, blue and dark blue work well. I only think that using white and silver at the same time is detrimental. Since white is probably the way to go for the teeth and claws, I would suggest making the wings blue (I don't know about the pistons, though). Alternatively, and probably easier to do, is to switch out the white pieces for silver ones. At any rate, this is a splendid MOC that is nearly without fault. Well done.a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, the wings are a bit too rigid and clunky in retrospect. I may one of these days order some parts from Bricklink and try to make them more membranous, in the vein of the Vayland dragon's wings. Of course, blue wings may be a bit more difficult. As for your mention of white and silver clashes, I did have everything in silver before redoing the arms, but then the only claw parts like that were either black or white, so I decided to use white, and changed the teeth to match. It does look a bit odd, yes, but sadly it was a necessary sacrifice to keep those cool claws.Thanks for the reply and comments, though. I do appreciate all critiques. ^_^~B~

Edited by Ballom