[Digital Render] Shadow Takanuva

38739506174_f6f40563eb_b.jpg

“That’s what happens to all us Toa, in the end. We say to ourselves, ‘of course I’m destined to be a Toa. That’s who I am. What else could matter?’ We might be a little nervous at first, but soon we’re righting wrongs and having grand adventures like it was the most normal thing in the world.” He turned the mask over in his hands. “But soon that’s all we can do. The thrill of exploring the world, the joy of fighting evil – that’s all that we live for. Take that away from us, and what are we? A bunch of overgrown Matoran who’ve forgotten where we came from. There’s no place for us.” 

Shadow Takanuva to Hahli — Shadow And The Sea

The quote was courteously provided by my friend BoltGSR.

Postprocess is done by Demitsorou.
  • Upvote 7

This is awesome. I really dig the custom torso and the brick-built mask. Can't quite tell if he is gray or silver, but either one suits him in my book. Considering this is a dark Takanuva, blue is an interesting choice for the eye color. It looks good though, and kudos for not going with something more cliche like red. The flared shape of the shoulders is fitting since it distinguishes this guy from our classic good-guy Takanuva. I like the spiked plates on his forearms- they remind me of Batman's gauntlets. Curious if he has thumbs though, since I couldn't see any in the picture? Moving down, the legs really seem to stand out. They're simple in terms of construction, but they have a really striking appearance. I like how they look sleek yet sturdy.

All in all, a great design. I liked your Malum from last year, so it's good to see more creations from you. :)

• Upvote 2

Thank you for a detailed feedback! <3

Curious if he has thumbs though, since I couldn't see any in the picture?

There are, in fact, thumbs. I use this build:

360076076b9d3114523211e9ec013959.png

Not quite sure how realistically sturdy the connection between t-bars and balljoins are, but here it is. The thumbs are made with the use of so-called maxifig hand part, which in real life is very rare and comes in only three colors.

Thank you for a detailed feedback! <3

Curious if he has thumbs though, since I couldn't see any in the picture?

There are, in fact, thumbs. I use this build:

360076076b9d3114523211e9ec013959.png

Not quite sure how realistically sturdy the connection between t-bars and balljoins are, but here it is. The thumbs are made with the use of so-called maxifig hand part, which in real life is very rare and comes in only three colors.

On the question of t-bar sturdy connections.

Newer pieces actually have a solid connection in ball joints. Older parts would have a weaker connection.

• Upvote 1

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

Favorite detail is the crooked staff. It's something that didn't have to be included and no one would have complained, but it just shows the care put into it that you thought to add that final bit of personality.

• Upvote 2

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

Favorite detail is the crooked staff. It's something that didn't have to be included and no one would have complained, but it just shows the care put into it that you thought to add that final bit of personality.

Thank you! <3 It's actually a scythe more than a staff. A little bit of design decision on my part haha. As for the curved handle, I was inspired by Great Scythe from Dark Souls series:

great-scythe-onhand-large.jpg

Edited by The Mugbearer

Thank you! <3 It's actually a scythe more than a staff. A little bit of design decision on my part haha. As for the curved handle, I was inspired by Great Scythe from Dark Souls series:

great-scythe-onhand-large.jpg

Ah, I see the scythe shape now. It would be nice if the exposed axle on the Vastus weapon piece could be covered up somehow. I also just realized, despite how cool a curved handle looks, it probably makes it harder to use the scythe practically.
  • Upvote 1

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

The brick-built mask reminds me of the animated version from the Mask of Light movie. Awesome work!

That was the intention to be honest. :D

I also just realized, despite how cool a curved handle looks, it probably makes it harder to use the scythe practically.

If you'd do a little bit of research on scythes, you'll actually discover that modern scythes do have curved handles. :P The Dark Souls scythe have a curve in its handle, and the grip is placed as far from the blade as possible because in order to hit as much enemies as possible, you need a broader swing. Edited by The Mugbearer
  • Upvote 1