Toa Metru Canister Lids Question

Daler99

I thought it was just an accident that my Nuju Metru canister had glitter on it. None of my other Metru canisters have glitter.

Do toa other than Nuju have the glitter for some of ya'll or is it consistently just Nuju?

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica

I thought it was just an accident that my Nuju Metru canister had glitter on it. None of my other Metru canisters have glitter.

Do toa other than Nuju have the glitter for some of ya'll or is it consistently just Nuju?

no, google it, see the images

CORRECT ME IF I'M CANONLY INCORRECT

WIPUVUw.jpgI will come for you, I will find you, AND I WILL Correct that post you made, its the mask of shadows, not the mask of darkness, loser

That's odd...

None of my canisters had glitter, and prior to this thread, I didn't even know some had glitter!

Curses, this means now I have to go and get the glitter versions too for my collection...

:kakama:

• Upvote 2

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

That's odd...

None of my canisters had glitter, and prior to this thread, I didn't even know some had glitter!

Curses, this means now I have to go and get the glitter versions too for my collection...

How 'bout instead you give me a clown, a flagpole and a submarine, and meet me at the docks in an hour.

A fish wielding vampire. That's Spiffy.

For me, only Whenua doesn't have glitter.

I think it was just that earlier production runs didn't use glitter and later production runs did. I know all my family's Toa Metru lids were glitter-less.

That would make sense as all of the BZP news articles from early 2004 have the standard lids while the sets I bought in late 2004/early 2005 all have the glitter lids.

That's odd...

Did you hear about the differences between the North American and European Toa Metru canisters (not lids)? :P  ^_^

~Daler

I noticed this back in 2004 too. I think the ones that were sold in early 2004 had no glitter, and they switched to glitter later in the year (probably around summer/fall). This was in the US.

Perhaps it's related to the Kanoka club cards. Once the golden Kanoka sweepstakes was over, they would have been forced to refresh the packaging to stop including them, right? Just a guess.

• Upvote 1

I noticed this back in 2004 too. I think the ones that were sold in early 2004 had no glitter, and they switched to glitter later in the year (probably around summer/fall). This was in the US.

Perhaps it's related to the Kanoka club cards. Once the golden Kanoka sweepstakes was over, they would have been forced to refresh the packaging to stop including them, right? Just a guess.

The glitter being introduced in the summer makes sense.  I don't think it was related to the "Instant Win Game," though, as my glittered canisters still included the game card.

For anyone that hasn't seen the difference, here are my Vakama and Whenua canisters.

dc73b9991bdd0d999f56e5c5b5289ed75709a8dc

• Upvote 1

~Daler

oh hum, i hadn't heard of this before. all of my canisters were the glitterless ones, from december '03

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

Yep, this was definitely just a running change. I remember it clearly because the only way my mom could tell apart the different Bionicle waves was by the style of the canister lids (for some reason that was the easiest thing for her to remember), and she once got me a set I already had (Matau Metru) because she thought the glittery lids were a new line  :P

• Upvote 2

sigbanner.gif