How would Titan characters look like in playsets?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys!:) We know that there have been playsets in 2005-2007. In them, we see minifigure versions of the canister sets. However, we haven’t seen playset versions of characters that were released as Titan sets.

In the 2010s, we are witnessing the booming emergence of the big figs (who are bigger, chunky and muscular versions of the minifigures who have arms made of many pieces, and examples include the Hulk, Red Hulk, and Thanos from Marvel, Killer Croc, Bane, and Darkseid from DC Comics, Mungus from Legends of Chima, and Dogshank and Killow from Ninjago) and their brick-made equivalent with the special chest piece that are made of parts from Mixels (examples are Sparkks, Burnzie, and the Grimrocs from Nexo Knights, Groot from Marvel, and Steppenwolf from DC Comics). I would imagine if these guys have their constraction forms, they would look like Titan sets.

If we imagine Bionicle characters to be playset figures, the canister sets would be minifigures with normal legs and small sets with short legs. As for the Titan sets, well, here’s my thoughts:

Most Titan Rahi and the Bahrag would be brick-made figures similar to Legends of Chima’s Legend animals.

Makuta Teridax, Krekka, Keetongu, Axonn, Karzahni, 2008 Takanuva, Tuma, and Umarak would be the chunky big figs (well, Umarak’s Destroyer form would be bigger than his Hunter form, which would be like The Lego Batman Movie Killer Croc being bigger than the DC Comics Super Heroes Killer Croc.).

The Boxor and Exo-Toa would be like playset mechs.

Other Titan characters would be like brick-made big figures similar to Steppenwolf.

Of course, small-set-sized and canister-set-sized characters who are included in the Titan sets could still be minifigures.

So, my question is this: Who is your favorite Titan character, and how would you imagine him or her to be a big fig? For me, Makuta Teridax and Axonn.:) What are your thoughts, too?

• Upvote 1

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I always thought the idea of scaling them down to canister set size like they did in this Tower of Toa prototype was neat, even if it left Keetongu hilariously out of scale. Just want those yellow Metru pieces! 

• Upvote 6

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

well, Kahgarak was a combiner that ended up in two of the playsets at a varying size!

my favourite titan would probably be either Brutaka, Kardas Dragon, or Maxilos... i'm thinking for Brutaka and Maxilos they could be some variant of the old Technic Figures (from CyberSlam and such) since that scale's roughly accurate, and kardas would probably be some small technic-built figure like the Tower of Toa playset's kahgarak, but a little bigger

~Bionicle Online Games Guru~
Current Bionicle Sets: 232/250
2001: 23/24 2002: 20/21 2003: 22/22 2004: 22/22 2005: 23/23
2006: 16/22 2007: 22/22 2008: 25/27 2009: 26/26 2010: 4/6
2015: 18/18 2016: 11/17

I always thought the idea of scaling them down to canister set size like they did in this Tower of Toa prototype was neat, even if it left Keetongu hilariously out of scale. Just want those yellow Metru pieces!

Was Keetongu really THAT big to scale tho?

On the technical scale those 2005 minifigures are horribly out of scale. With a upright socket which is 3cm upright and the figures are barely 4/3cm which means they barely reach his ankles compared to the size of canister counterparts.

In short those minifigures look like they suffer from dwarfism.

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

I always figured a similar path would be taken as the prototype Keet mentioned above or the Kahgarak. Basically, the titans would be downscaled to canister set size, or better yet to deal with scale, even smaller, but built with regular Bionicle parts. Alternately, they could have been brick-built mini versions of themselves.

:kakama:

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki:

I still want a Toa Terrain Crawler to scale with the Toa Mahri Figures

If you mean upscaled for the regular canister sized toa, then that would be a very expensive set.
You just gave me my next LDD build idea. Edited by Rassilon (TTL)
  • Upvote 4

Hey I got a Flickr because I like making LEGO stuff.

https://www.flickr.com/people/toatimelord/

• 4 weeks later...