[Digital Brick Figurine] Trace (Axiom Verge)

The Mugbearer

39318708292_1890c32c8c_b.jpg

Trace (Axiom Verge) by Artemiy Karpinskiy, on Flickr

Trace is the main protagonist of the videogame Axiom Verge, a pixel-styled metroidvania that was created by a single person as a "love letter" to Super Metroid.

Trace was a scientist in a laser lab stationed in New Mexico. One day some sort of malfunction occurred, bringing down the lab along with science team, including Trace.

Next thing he knew, he awakened in a strange, alien place, to the voice of a stranger who introduced herself as Elsenova.

Armed with nothing but a biomechanical Axiom Disruptor gun and Elsenova's voice, Trace must find his way back home...

Shoutout to Demitsorou for post-processing the original render.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed Axiom Verge when I first played it last year, and seeing this brought back some great memories! Trace himself is built impressively, but I think the highlight for me here is the Axiom Disruptor gun. The CCBS shells help capture how the weapon looks in the game, and I would really love to see builds of the other weapons from the game.

Excellent work overall!

• Upvote 1

16N1K4 elsewhere:

Instagram (MOC-focused)

personal blog

I thoroughly enjoyed Axiom Verge when I first played it last year, and seeing this brought back some great memories! Trace himself is built impressively, but I think the highlight for me here is the Axiom Disruptor gun. The CCBS shells help capture how the weapon looks in the game, and I would really love to see builds of the other weapons from the game.

Excellent work overall!

Thank you!

Also I think doing the "other weapons" is not quite possible as the gun is technically one for all of them. I guess you just switch shooting modes or something hahah.

Thank you!

Also I think doing the "other weapons" is not quite possible as the gun is technically one for all of them. I guess you just switch shooting modes or something hahah.

Whoops, I totally misremembered the weapon situation. I guess they're technically upgrades and not really new weapons.

Perhaps the closest thing to a different-looking weapon is putting the drill on the gun, and I suppose the drone is kind of a weapon as well? In any case, I'd love to see more builds inspired by the game.

Again, great work!

16N1K4 elsewhere:

Instagram (MOC-focused)

personal blog

Whoops, I totally misremembered the weapon situation. I guess they're technically upgrades and not really new weapons.

Perhaps the closest thing to a different-looking weapon is putting the drill on the gun, and I suppose the drone is kind of a weapon as well? In any case, I'd love to see more builds inspired by the game.

Again, great work!

<3 I actually built Elsenova. Not in the same scale, mind you, but you can check her out on my Sketchfab: https://sketchfab.com/models/4542f52445bd47f2acff13fa7ff63c65 She's huge hahah.

I was planning on doing the drone, but then I, like, totally forgot lmao. xD