Disappearing Matoran

Master Inika

In 2004, a big deal was made about Matoran on Metru Nui vanishing when Makuta was masquerading as Dume. The only missing Matoran ever discussed further, though, were the Great Disk Matoran. However, Mystery of Metru Nui refers to multiple Ta-Matoran vanishing. Does anyone know if any further information was given on this? I see two possibilities:

1. Matoran were kidnapped to test the pods. In Legends of Metru Nui, when Vakama is in Po-Metru and sees the pile of pods, there might have been Matoran inside of them.

2. More frightening, those Matoran could have deduced the truth about Dume's identity and been kidnapped or even killed to keep them quiet.

Does anyone have any thoughts on my theories, or anything to add? Were the missing Matoran ever found, and if not, are they dead?

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I'm pretty sure it's the pod theory. In one book I'm 100% sure I saw that when the Morbuzakh was terrorizing the outskirts, the matoran the plant caught were delivered to Makuta to put into pods. The main reason for the Morbuzakh was to corral the matoran into the center of the city so it was easier for the Vahki to micro manage them.

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

Yeah, since Teridax created the Morbuzahk and was using it as a distraction for the Matoran and Toa, it was following his orders. The missing Matoran were almost certainly captured and placed in the pods, assuming they didn't die trying to escape the vines.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~