Solis (Self-MOC)

What skillful BBCode usage here! Truly the work of a forum master!

As for the MOC, I definitely like the look. The Exo-Force armor, Roborider head, and cheese grater all fit together great. His feet look far too dainty and small, though. And the hand connection is a bit painful.

Red Star-charged Toa of Light. Honestly can't say I've seen that before.

I like the figure itself. Nice armor piece choices, and unique weapon. (I don't think I've ever seen a Toa with a plain old staff as a weapon.) I like the martial artist vibes I get from this guy, I don't recall Bionicle having anything like that.

I remember seeing somewhere that Av-Matoran supposedly have a higher ratio of Matoran who are destined to become Toa, but I always thought it was weird that Takanuva is the only canon one. In other words, I like seeing more Light Toa.

Spectacular use of parts! Everything melds together perfectly and despite the variety of parts, doesn't look too busy. 

Your Matatu looks a little yellowed; have you tried the hydrogen-peroxide solution to whiten it? It worked on my Misprint white Ruru with no adverse effects. 

MVT Lego Space Galactic Cruiser

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/593592ef-5da6-4a2a-9422-a17e0f8438ea

Please help and support this project! Your contribution is greatly appreciated. 

I like Solis.  I like him a lot.  He's got this whole "heavily-armored-yet-sleek" vibe to him, which looks super nice.  His simple color scheme really works to his benefit- not too many black and white MOCs out there- and the combination of RoboRider and Hockey pieces, the grille piece on his crotch, and the Noble Matatu creates a really nice texture/pattern.

All in all, great work!

I really like the design you were able to come up with! I love the aesthetic of the armor (as others have said). I do have one critique, however; I don't think that specific mask fits with the armor. I honestly don't know what it is about it, but the body and armor look sleek, yet strong and powerful and that mask looks kinda clunky in comparison to the rest of the body. That's just my personal observation on the overall build. Other than that, I really think you did a fantastic job with the overall finished idea! Great use of parts and I love the staff!

evergrey_l01.gif

Other great bands:

Iron Maiden    Journey    Mercenary    The Unguided    Trivium

Boston    Stratovarius    Symphony X    Epica