Toy Fair 2018: Elves, Friends, and Disney Princess

TF18_Elves_teaser.jpg

This year LEGO has three playthemes that feature minidolls instead of minifigures, down one from 2017 (so long, DC Superhero Girls). Elves, Friends, and Disney Princess each offer their own unique styles and play opportunities for a variety of tastes. We got to take a closer look at the offerings from each of the themes for the first half of the year, so let's check them out!

View the full article

My brother and I have already gotten all five of this year's Elves sets. It's so cool that there's an elemental creature and elemental weapon for each of the four main elves! I also love their new armor. We've only built two of the sets so far but will probably build another this weekend.

In some of the Toy Fair pics I've seen on other sites, there's a Netflix icon by the Elves display, but I don't know if that means we can expect a new season of Secrets of Elvendale or just that the previous season will continue to be available. I hope the former!

This year's LEGO Friends refresh has a lot of charm. I quite like the bedroom sets and look forward to seeing Andrea and Emma get bedroom sets as well! It's also cool to see the whole team get a signature vehicle and headquarters that they can all share!

Nothing super exciting to me among the Disney sets… nice to see Mulan make an appearance, but I'm a bit bummed that Moana didn't wind up becoming the same sort of persistent merchandising juggernaut as Frozen.

• Upvote 1

In some of the Toy Fair pics I've seen on other sites, there's a Netflix icon by the Elves display, but I don't know if that means we can expect a new season of Secrets of Elvendale or just that the previous season will continue to be available. I hope the former!

We were told that the show would continue, so hopefully they weren't mistaken and we'll be getting more episodes!
  • Upvote 1