G1: Battle of the Eldritch Abominations

Tren Krom.

Annona.

The Energized Protodermis Entity.

Three characters who have never interacted in canon.

Assuming they were all trapped in an arena with no other beings around whatsoever, who would reign supreme, and why?

Epics: 

Hero Factory: Contagion

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

It'd be a close thing between Tren Krom and Annona. They both have powerful mental abilities and either could easily overpower the EP entity mentally. Now, I don't know if either are destined to transform, so even if the EP got a shot in, there's no telling what might happen.

My final vote would be Tren Krom. He has disintegration abilities, in addition to make one go insane by just looking at him... yeah he'd be a tough cookie to crack for those two.

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

It'd be a close thing between Tren Krom and Annona. They both have powerful mental abilities and either could easily overpower the EP entity mentally. Now, I don't know if either are destined to transform, so even if the EP got a shot in, there's no telling what might happen.

My final vote would be Tren Krom. He has disintegration abilities, in addition to make one go insane by just looking at him... yeah he'd be a tough cookie to crack for those two.

Could they, though? Assuming that what it said to Helryx is true, then every drop of itself is potentially capable of containing its own mind, which effectively means that the entire body of the Energized Protodermis Entity is essentially the equivalent of brain tissue. And given that the substance is spread across multiple locations in the Bionicle universe (the GSR, Red Star, space, etc.), I'd imagine that mental attacks would be far less effective against it, simply because of the sheer scale of its mind in comparison, or the increased difficulty they'd have in pinpointing its exact location at any given time, provided that it was even within range of their powers to begin with. Also, that's not even considering the fact that EP is also a fairly volatile and explosive substance by nature. One wrong move, and kaboom. Game over.

As for Annona, I'd argue that she just might be able to turn Tren Krom insane as well by feeding off of his dreams. Plus, if she could also do the same with the Energized Protodermis Entity, then it might be possible for her to reach the superheated state she displayed in Sahmad's Tale, as its goal is to just keep experimenting on other beings, so she'd likely have access to a near inexhaustible power source because of its almost infinite variety of outcomes.

Either way, this would still definitely be one heck of a fight.

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

The Asylum, Bionifight Infinite, Year 60,000, Matoran und Panzer, HF RPG 2.0, Wasteland, Corpus Rahkshi, Skyrise

GM Résumé:

Matoran und Panzer (Formerly Appointed Co-GM), Corpus Rahkshi (Former Substitute Co-GM)

Feel free to shoot a PM my way if you're waiting for me to respond to something and I've been taking a while to do so.

Well one thing is for sure, if Annona reaches the superheated state, whatever is left of the EP will definitely explode, resulting in potentially all of their deaths.

Now if you were to argue that not all of the EP is housed in this arena, then it will definitely be the one to survive since it cannot truly die unless every drop of EP is destroyed. If you were to say that all of it is in fact in the arena, then the supernova annona could destroy it all with flame. Or TK could potentially disintegrate it if he got the chance to. (I don't recall any being with the immunity to disintegration powers so I'm going off the assumption that EP is no exception).

Assuming neither of those happens and there's no way to escape the arena (Annona can teleport so assuming something is hindering her) my current analysis is that they are both enveloped into the EP and are fused into a new being or destroyed.

Animation_Mangaia.png.e38a5644c8a08bfd4c488514025b5017.png

Formerly Iron_Man5

As for Annona, I'd argue that she just might be able to turn Tren Krom insane as well by feeding off of his dreams. Plus, if she could also do the same with the Energized Protodermis Entity[...]

Do we know that Tren Krom or the EPE even sleep? If they don't, then they don't dream, making Annona's ability useless. I'd imagine the EPE doesn't sleep/dream at all since it's not a biological entity and therefore wouldn't need any rest. Tren Krom, well, I don't know. While he is a biological entity, remember that he was basically the "substitute Great Spirit" and was probably constantly working without rest for quite a while.

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

Well one thing is for sure, if Annona reaches the superheated state, whatever is left of the EP will definitely explode, resulting in potentially all of their deaths.

Now if you were to argue that not all of the EP is housed in this arena, then it will definitely be the one to survive since it cannot truly die unless every drop of EP is destroyed. If you were to say that all of it is in fact in the arena, then the supernova annona could destroy it all with flame. Or TK could potentially disintegrate it if he got the chance to. (I don't recall any being with the immunity to disintegration powers so I'm going off the assumption that EP is no exception).

Assuming neither of those happens and there's no way to escape the arena (Annona can teleport so assuming something is hindering her) my current analysis is that they are both enveloped into the EP and are fused into a new being or destroyed.

For the sake of determining an actual winner, all existing EP is located inside the arena, and Annona is incapable of teleporting her way outside of it.

As for Disintegration immunity, however, there is actually one power set able to afford that; the Rahkshi variant of Stasis Field, which completely prevents its user or target from taking damage of any kind, so long as it's active. BS01 doesn't go into much detail about Annona's self-induced stasis, though, so whether it was simply a state of hibernation or the two function somewhat similarly is up for debate.

As for Annona, I'd argue that she just might be able to turn Tren Krom insane as well by feeding off of his dreams. Plus, if she could also do the same with the Energized Protodermis Entity[...]

Do we know that Tren Krom or the EPE even sleep? If they don't, then they don't dream, making Annona's ability useless. I'd imagine the EPE doesn't sleep/dream at all since it's not a biological entity and therefore wouldn't need any rest. Tren Krom, well, I don't know. While he is a biological entity, remember that he was basically the "substitute Great Spirit" and was probably constantly working without rest for quite a while.

Dreams in this sense seem to be referring to fantasies, aspirations, and other byproducts of the imagination, such as Tren Krom longing to once again be in control of the MU, or the EP Entity simply wishing to continue its experiments.

Both Annona and the Golden-Skinned Being were perfectly capable of using their powers while their targets, the Skakdi residing in GSB's fortress, were wide awake, so I don't believe this would be an issue; Annona just tends to place her victims in trances first before attempting to feed. If sleep was tied to the ability to dream at all, then it would likely be a being's main source of refreshing their own capacity to do so in order to keep them relatively sane, which Tren Krom and the EP Entity might be able to do automatically anyway, just without the need to rest.

Edited by Timageness

Epics: 

RPG Characters:

BZPRPG Characters

RPG History:

GM Résumé: