The Smuggler's Gydroplane

Tora

As I've already told on dA, I had been charmed with the simple beauty of Mata Nui Online Game and had decided to make something in a style of it. So it turned out somehow like that.Click on this link to have a look.As you the gydroplane got a mechanism, so here are two gif's to see how it works:%5Blink%5D%5Blink%5DEdit: Image linked due to filesize; please keep pics in BBC around 100 kB.-Wind-

Edited by Black Six
  • Upvote 1
12_zps8keayfxf.jpg

Untitled-8_zps85rfmcat.png Untitled-6_zpsltqr5b53.png Untitled-5_zps4ntfbufs.png

Wow. Aesthetically this is amazing. All of the tubing really gives the mechanical feel, sort of separating it from the new streamlined feel of pieces/sets now a days. The functions are neat, too. I especially like the rudder (the first function.) Though it does seem brick-like (boxy, if that makes sense.) It doesn't take away from the MOC, not at all.

How 2007

Thanks everyone. =)PooZy, yes, i got the plates from there.~garnira returns~, it fits a Metru Nui Matoran without a head :bKiller_myr, as dramatic.chipmunk said, it's got a rudder function in both cases.dramatic.chipmunk, actually, not that much boxy. Thanks =D

12_zps8keayfxf.jpg

Untitled-8_zps85rfmcat.png Untitled-6_zpsltqr5b53.png Untitled-5_zps4ntfbufs.png

That's beautiful. It definitely have that "simple yet complex" look to it, which is found in most good MOCs. This is probably the best vehicle I have seen (though I haven't seen very many, to be fair to others). It makes my vehicle masterpiece (to be displayed soonish) look like something salvaged from a junkyard.The tubing adds a really nice effect, and I love the simple canopy (if you can call it that). I also like how it folds up, and you can't go wrong with functions. It was clever to make gifs of the functions. The colours are also really nice, perfect for hiding it in the forest.My only suggestion would be to make the wings in the back (if that's what they are) larger. Awesome job man, and to top it all off, I love aeroplanes.=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

Wow this is quite well done. The design looks very excellent, and I love the color scheme. The parts seem to flow together very nicely, and I like that a lot. Pretty neat function as well; definitely adds something to the MoC.Oh, and congratulations on making the front page spotlight. It's great to see BZP doing this more and more. :)-Mesonak

The Three Virtues YouTube Channel

-----

the3virtuesbanner.png

-----

Check it out for laughs, discussion, and more.

Truly gorgeous. This is definitely the best Bionicle vehicle I've ever seen (so functional, too).Just curious, can it fit any character inside it?

it fits a Metru Nui Matoran without a head :b

Great MOC, by the way! Every time I look at it I find something else to like. Definitely worthy of a front page post.

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

:kaukau: I love how this harks back to the classic days when Bionicle was labeled as part of the Technic branch. I still play MNOG and love the look. Seeing the tubing, the tan parts of the chassis, and the gears make me very nostalgic, because a lot of these items were iconic pieces used in the old days to make the visual landscape of the world of MNOG a more beautiful and mesmerizing place. Also from an engineering perspective I think that the functions are amazing. I don't suppose I'll ever go into engineering, though if I spend more time MOCing with stuff like this I'm certain it will open up that part of me. As it is, there's enough of that part that I truly appreciate it whenever I see LEGO constructions like this. Seeing genuine engineering is perhaps my all-time favorite thing to find in MOCs.I'm Tron Paul and I approve this post. Edited by Tron Paul

This is really great. I love the colour choices and the technic functions are impressive. Kind of reminds me of Seranikai's Boxor revamp, although I think you did a better job of staying true to the source material (while at the same time making it all futuristic and swooshy). I wish the 2008 vehicles had been more like this.

Yoda said that "size matters not". While that may be true, the real issue is density, and you NAILED that criteria. Oh my word, every piece has a purpose and adds to the look. It's also very much in the style of the vehicles & Rahi from year one, so that adds to the awesome. Other than that, I guess It looks like a real BIONICLE thing. Something you might have actually found on Mata Nui (maybe a bit advanced for them). I'm super, super, MEGA impressed. It's the small things that make a huge difference. Anybody can build a massive, sparsely-detailed ship or structure; (well, not ANYBODY) but it's much harder to build something small AND intricate. You absolutely KNOCKED IT OUT OF THE PARK. Kudos.

Nuparu's BoomBoxor is temporarily out of commission (been infected by some malware & whatnot, curse those anonymous russian bots). I guess I'll get around to putting it back up eventually. Maybe when Templar finally get around to re-doing the soundtrack to MNOG.

Not only does this look exactly like the MNOG boat *sheds nostalgic tear* but the new innovations also work. :)

mata_nui_inc_auditions.jpg

92% of teens have moved on to Xbox 360. 7.9% still use other game systems (PS3 and Wii). If you are part of the 0.1% who still use the only real game system (PC), copy and paste this into your sig.

An excellent MOC very worthy of the front page news, I must applaud you on making a faithful replica of a MNOLG-style vessel, with added functions, no less! Metallic green looks excellent on it, and kudos for using that color, since it's rarely used in general. As for the appearance of this boat/seaplane, the silver tubes on the side make it look both highly advanced and powerfully sleek. The cockpit was a nice touch; you should take a picture of a Matoran such as Hahli in it! As for the wings and tail fins, I am astounded that they can fold up so well as to look like part of the ship's chassis, but then work as functional wings in addition. There aren't many Bionicle vehicles that can boast multiple functions like this, not even the 2008 Toa airships, so it's very impressive that you managed to include them.I can tell that you spent a lot of work making the pistons and gear apparatus of this machine, but the end result is cool and nostalgic, especially for a MNOLG player like me. Stick around BBC, Little Taggy; I'm sure you'll have a long and prosperous career here! :)~B~

Edited by Ballom

This is a real beast of an MOC. The obvious connections to the Mata Nui boats give a great boost of nostalgia as well. But the design is solid and a great concept. I really like that colour scheme, the sorta silver and sand green or whatever it is. Very neat mechanisms too, like the wings and such, and they add to the mechanics of the 'ship' to give it added authenticity. Very well designed and a great twist on a classic.signoff.png

crickety man.....

good nigh t

lonk

This is amazing.I like the functions and the feel of the classic MNOG reminds me of my early childhood,when i would come home from school and play the MNOG....Anyways,all i need to see is how it fits a 2001 matoran/tohunga.OVER 9,000!!!!!!!!!!!/10.-CDP

Coming June 22nd: Your chance to become an ECC critic! Power of the pen in your hands!