What if the Bionicle Universe Inhabitants were Giants? (G1)

So, as absurd as the the title of this topic sounds, it was something that was bugging me for quiet a while.

I'll also get this out of the way: I am aware that there is already a topic about the cannon size of the Toa and Matoran and the other inhabitants of the Bionicle Universe, and it's said on Biosector 1 that the cannon height for an average Toa is 7 ft or something and there is already specific height units such as bios kios etc that have been established by Greg. This isn't really about the cannon height though, its about would it work if the bionicle inhabitants were giants and actually the size they are when compared to a lego minifigure, the mini figure representing an average human (5-6ft). Sounds crazy but hear me out, as I have a couple reasons why this actually would work:

Starting off with why I even thought of this:

When I first got into Bionicle ten years ago, I wasn't aware that any of the Bionicle wikis existed, and was under the impression that the size of a bionicle set when compared to your average mini figure, represented the size (life size) that same bionicle character would be if the mini figure was scaled to be the height of an average human being: it would be giant, as a normal bionicle figure usually towers over a system mini figure. So basically, the bionicles would be to humans, how the transformers are to the humans in the movies and cartoons (Horrible example, I know). This would mean that the average toa is at least 9-10 meters tall (over 25 feet). 

Another example which I have (which is probably not that important) is in Legoland, They have these huge statues of the Toa Nuva which you can take pictures with. In this case, that would be the size a toa would be when compared to a Human:

bionicle-blaster.jpg

I was actually glad this was the case, as it backed up the reason behind the design of the bionicles themselves are so gappy and have so many holes and pistons inside them. I think it just wouldn't make sense having bio mechanical mechanical robots with that much holes and robotic components also be the size of an average human, whilst having organs such as the lungs, heart?, flesh etc, inside the robotic components. In my opinion, to have all of those things, you would need a much bigger robot/exo skeleton thing. Just like the transformers/bayformers. (sorry I keep comparing this to transformers, I just thought it really provides a good example :P)

Also, being that big would make sense for the Great Spirit robot to be that big including all it's components and all those domes with islands. It would also show why The toa and other beings are so powerful : their bodies are big enough to host so much energy and and technology to utilize such kind of elements which they have. And since the force of gravity is much stronger on Spherus Magna, being that size with so much mechanical and muscle power in their bodies, the matoran, toa, glatorian, agori, etc, would have no problem standing upright. And don't get me wrong, I'm saying that the bigger, the better they stand or resist gravity, it's quiet the opposite and has been proven to be so. All I'm saying is being that big wouldn't really be a problem when it comes to walking around because of the physical power inside their bodies already. It would also explain the feats that certain characters have been able to pull of on the landscape of spherus magna.

Keep in mind i'm talking specifically about the versions of the characters in the cgi trailers: the phantoka commercial, the mahri music video movie thing, and how they actually look when assembled as sets and in the comics and on the covers of books, not the Mask of light movie versions or the Legends of metru nui movie versions where they look more organic than usual, and really set accurate (not that its a bad thing).

Well now that I've explained myself with an unnecessary wall of text, I might as well provide a couple pictures I took to help you envision what exactly I'm talking about: 

Average Toa compared to Lego Minifigure (mini fig represents human height/size in comparison to the toa)

This is my first time posting pictures I took by myself in a post, so I just put the links of the images on the website they are being hosted on. I don't know if I did this right.

https://i.imgur.com/huk2eLe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/PhrLXrI.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/bdGvB4X.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/B6P5zg9.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Pmw5Aqo.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/mHcq1ID.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/eNsq6Uy.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XVD0yUB.jpg

Well, thats all I got for now, I hope the pictures will format correctly when i post this, and won't be so huge, but asides from that I might draw a couple pictures of this theory and post them later on.

I really want to hear your opinions on this, so please let me know what you think. Do you agree with what I'm saying? Do you I wasted my time and your time posting this ? Do you think its a dumb idea? Do you think it wouldn't work? Let me know!  :D

yeah the images just turned into links but whatever  :shrugs:

You're not the first one to theorize this.

In a way, it makes sense and not only because of the reasons you've said. G1 characters being giants might be a way to explain the many inconsistencies regarding sizes and distances. For instance, it would make it possible for Matoran and Toa to move (on foot) across an island as big as Mata Nui (400 km) in just a few hours (maybe even less), as they seem to do in the storyline. Same goes for Glatorian and Agori traversing the desert of Bara Magna, a journey which should take days (the size of the desert in this map can be inferred from the size of the scattered robot pieces) but which lasts far less in the storyline. It might even explain how the inhabitants of Bara Magna were able to drag giant robot pieces across the desert.

Unfortunately, various sources, including GregF himself, have denied this in the past. I suppose that you could still keep it as your headcanon (after all, I think that each of our headcanons has at least one fact that contradicts Greg' old answers).

632461607_Bannerdefinitivopiccolo.png.8e4bc632ba965c6eaef9247ce71df1d7.png
My collection of epics: The Sanctum of Writing

You're not the first one to theorize this.

In a way, it makes sense and not only because of the reasons you've said. G1 characters being giants might be a way to explain the many inconsistencies regarding sizes and distances. For instance, it would make it possible for Matoran and Toa to move (on foot) across an island as big as Mata Nui (400 km) in just a few hours (maybe even less), as they seem to do in the storyline. Same goes for Glatorian and Agori traversing the desert of Bara Magna, a journey which should take days (the size of the desert in this map can be inferred from the size of the scattered robot pieces) but which lasts far less in the storyline. It might even explain how the inhabitants of Bara Magna were able to drag giant robot pieces across the desert.

Unfortunately, various sources, including GregF himself, have denied this in the past. I suppose that you could still keep it as your headcanon (after all, I think that each of our headcanons has at least one fact that contradicts Greg' old answers).

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who has thought of this. And now that I think about it, this does also make sense in regards to how long it takes them to travel such a huge environment.

But in most cases I guess this is basically just dismissed, since it's basically just been out ruled by canon and stated been stated multiple times why their probably just 7 ft tall, which is unfortunate imo because of the possibilities it takes away.

But yeah, I guess i will probably just be keeping this as my head canon from now on. 

For some reason I remembered Matoran and Turaga being roughly human sized, with Toa being really tall.

While Toa are really tall at 7 feet, I guess Matoran and Turaga are a little shorter than the average adult human, with Turaga generally being slightly taller than Matoran. Of course, with Karzahni’s “fixed” Matoran like the ones on Voya Nui, the Matoran of Mata Nui that were shrunken by the Matoran Spheres and the enlarged Av-Matoran and Shadow Matoran in Karda Nui, Matoran are not obviously not always the same height.

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water