Troddon, the Poor and Disadvantaged

26530569977_c4f49b7f10_b.jpg

“Neither these bonds nor I can be broken... Pity I can’t say the same about you, runt.”

Once a labourer, then slave, then test subject; bound in manacles engineered to be completely immune to physical or conjured force, Troddon barely endured his tribulations.
Now free solely by being overlooked in an administration error: he is nobody. Nothing.

Yet - tired, half-blind, shackled and alone - dragging the entirety of his burden with him, Troddon plods onward with a whimsical grin on his face. 
Not because of any idealistic, puerile hope for a brighter future; when not only the world, but fate itself is against you, there can be no light in a tunnel that has no end.

He gets up and carries on, simply because while he does: he hasn’t lost.

[Theme: Get Up - All Good Things]
* Warning: Makes a great morning alarm.

40505669615_02cf1f2018_b.jpg

Thought I'd make a Self-MOC that’s representative of an in-universe species that’s not yet-another-blimmin-Toa, so here’s a Skakdi (Piraka). 

Had a blast with the colours, especially the Metallic Blue, and blocking the black to represent skin – these abs are plastic-hard.

Edited by Poor Disadvantaged
  • Upvote 10

Very impressive.  I love how you went the extra mile in some of the little details, like that green face-belt or the dead eye.  Only complaints I can think of are that the bindings seem a bit too blocky for my tastes and the neck appears to be rather thick.

It is not for us to decide the fate of angels.

Dominus Temporis, if you're out there, hit me up through one of my contacts.  I've been hoping to get back in touch for a long time now.  (Don't worry, I'm not gonna beg you to bring back MLWTB or something.  :P )

Simply put I love this. I can't find any real flaws, completely solid of a build. I especially love the metal blue as I'm a sucker for it.

Very inspirational.

Onvermel

"I believe in certainties. The strength of my limbs, the power of my mask, the sharp edges of my blades — that is what I build my plans around. Trickery, deception, complex strategies, they are for the weak! If you want power, and another has it, you get it not by outwitting him — you get it by stepping over his corpse." Makuta Icarax

"WHO ATE ALL THE PIES! WHO ATE ALL THE PIES!"

http://onvermelreport.blogspot.ca/ --- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaX7xUwGu9-8kVqQ4BqOxWw               

onvermel_report_logo_24.bmp

Amazing! It's a really original idea and the first self-MOC I have seen that really has significance. The construction of the face is wonderfully creative, and you used the Piraka spine, a piece I always struggled with. Nice work!

IetTsFQ.png

• 3 weeks later...