This pic of 'Zakaz' is clearly Le Metru, right?

I suspect this is one of those questions that has already been posted and answered many times before, but I couldn't find anything via BZP's search box, so here goes.

BS01 tells me this is a pic of Zakaz before the Civil War. Except, it's absolutely definitely a picture of Le Metru - the details are identical.

What gives? I know Scholastic were notorious for image selection errors, and I suspect this is a result of an error in one of their books - but if that's the case, why has this very obvious error been accepted by the wiki as canon?

EDIT: Oh, how about that - Onu-Metru is pretending to be Zakaz too...

Edited by Distorted

You can thank Bionicle World for that one (unsurprising, really, since this is the same book that showed Metru Nui upside-down, among other strange art decisions). As for why it's been accepted as canon, I don't really know. It's possible someone asked Greg at some point and got an answer along the lines of "if it's in the book, it's official."

sigbanner.gif

I remember that now. Perhaps they had a page quota to fill, realized they still had art assets from the Metru Nui guide, and thought “let’s do it.”

So maybe the Skakdi were lousy architects and outsourced some help from Metru Nui (or plagiarized the blueprints).

Edited by Cheesy Mac n Cheese

My friend went to Po-Wahi and all I got was this lousy rock.

logowithbackgrounnd100.png

Blue sea...a Ruki leaps...the sound of water

this is the same book that showed Metru Nui upside-down

I think this says everything.

I've never taken it too seriously. Also, why they decided to ruin all of their original artwork with that awful urban washed-out effect is completely beyond me.

Edited by Planetperson

It's almost definitely just laziness/carelessness on the part of the publishers, but that being said, it's not a big stretch of the mind to just believe prewar Zakaz might have looked something like Metru Nui.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...