Looking for really old and rare Bionicle RPGs

Cosmic Cat

Hi, I'm looking for old RPGMaker games so I can live out some nostalgia. Most of these are like 2002-2004 era and I'd be pretty amazed if anybody still had them!! I figured it doesn't hurt to ask though!

• "Bionicle RPG" by Twin Matrix (RM2K) - The first RPGMaker game I ever played. It started off on the beach and you had to get a hammer from some dude so you could smash rocks and go to Ta-Koro. Actually, that was a lie, it started with a cutscene of a bunch of characters walking around a bunch of grass tiles in space to some Kingdom Hearts remix, which every other game liked to copy for some reason. I actually still have an early demo of this with Ta-Wahi in it! But later it got an update that went up to Le-Koro and I do not have that, which is the one I'm actually looking for.
  • "The Infestation" by Emzee (RM2k3) - Not the one made in XP (or VX? Don't remember), but the RM2k3 one. I mostly remember this because it had a car-themed Bohrok boss that attacked with wheels, which I always thought was really cool. Also it was the first time I heard the Secret of Mana boss theme. I asked Emzee if he still had it a while back but he didn't.
  • "The Legend of Mata Zuto" by Emzee (RM2K) - As in the very very first version of this, with the goofy MSPaint monster art. I sort of have a copy of this but six year old me removed all the monster data and then screwed it up further by adding in a bunch of stuff that doesn't make very much sense.
  • Anything by LeKal - Except for The Quest for the Summoning Stones, which I still have, miraculously. I actually don't recall much about LeKal's games, except that I thought very highly of him at the time. Also there was a boss named Rakanishu which I later found out was just taken from some superunique from Diablo.

That's all I can think of for now. Internet entropy sure is a sad thing.

• Upvote 2

I believe I have Mata Zuto 1 on my PC, along with the sequel if you're interested.  I haven't played through the zip files I downloaded a while back, so I'm not sure if I have anything by LeKal or Twin Matrix.  If you gave me some names to look for I could go through the zips again.

Anyway, I'll try and get MZ1 on Google Drive sometime soon.

EDIT: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14zpEJjCUOC2kWNSReUDOGs8g3OotWwd7/view?usp=sharing

Here ya go.

Edited by evil_jaga_genius

Avatar by Nicholas Anderson (NickonAquaMagna)

My blog: The Jaga's Nest

• 3 months later...
  • Anything by LeKal - Except for The Quest for the Summoning Stones, which I still have, miraculously. I actually don't recall much about LeKal's games, except that I thought very highly of him at the time. Also there was a boss named Rakanishu which I later found out was just taken from some superunique from Diablo.

Oh, wow! I can hardly believe someone actually held onto those little RPGMaker games I made oh-so-long ago but never got around to finish. I didn't even remember if I had posted anything after TQftSS. Or that after such a long absence from this forum I randomly happened to stumble upon this thread. I still have some of your old PMs from 2003 in my inbox, a whole decade and a half ago! What an odd feeling.

Unfortunately, over the years I've lost the copies of my own RPGMaker games, every RPGMaker resource I had, everything. I'm not even sure if they were lost to hardware failure or accidental deletion. Young me wasn't very careful about that sort of thing and didn't keep proper back-ups... and I don't even remember the sites I used to host them on, much less if they still exist.

Although, if it's not too much trouble, you wouldn't happen to be able to share The Quest for the Summoning Stones? I'd really appreciate being able to take a nostalgia trip into the past, even if TQftSS was really just a cheap knock-off of Flow of the River. :P

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Oh, wow! I can hardly believe someone actually held onto those little RPGMaker games I made oh-so-long ago but never got around to finish. I didn't even remember if I had posted anything after TQftSS. Or that after such a long absence from this forum I randomly happened to stumble upon this thread. I still have some of your old PMs from 2003 in my inbox, a whole decade and a half ago! What an odd feeling.

Unfortunately, over the years I've lost the copies of my own RPGMaker games, every RPGMaker resource I had, everything. I'm not even sure if they were lost to hardware failure or accidental deletion. Young me wasn't very careful about that sort of thing and didn't keep proper back-ups... and I don't even remember the sites I used to host them on, much less if they still exist.

Although, if it's not too much trouble, you wouldn't happen to be able to share The Quest for the Summoning Stones? I'd really appreciate being able to take a nostalgia trip into the past, even if TQftSS was really just a cheap knock-off of Flow of the River. :P

Here it is if you're still around: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1d1qVT0Ni8nZW56rJU53O8mc4nAKLSpBD

It ends after a battle with a bunch of plushies, but I'm not sure if the game was ever finished beyond that? If if it was then I don't think I ever grabbed the full version, sadly.

I was a weird kid so I'm pretty sure I edited out some of the RTP monsters because I was scared of them but everything else seems to still be intact. Or maybe it was always like that and it was bugged, I don't remember. Also there were some extremely good game design decisions that I laughed a lot at when replaying it, so thanks.

wOLs6Ae.png

0OuGAAb.png

sWl53Tb.png

Edited by Cosmic Cat