Techna Network Relay

Legolover-361

Thanks to the power of the Techna Nui's advanced SCPU, numerous communications through the network can be simultaneously handled, processed, and sent. Important announcements will also be posted here for all Technans to see. If you have a private matter to discuss with one other person, please use private communication methods. Standard protocol applies here; spamming, trolling, flaming, and other unruly messages will be found and stopped.To submit a character, please refer to the Character Database; once your character has been approved, you may proceed aboard the Techna Nui.Thank you, and have a nice day. Torch out.* * *1/27/2012: As of right now, Forcyte is dead. The Ghost Program has returned. I'm holding a dangerous virus in my system and thus am forced to shut my implant down. We need Toa Techna now more than ever. If you are interested, do what you can to combat the Hacker threat. Thank you. ~Torch* * *3/4/12: Calling all citizens of Techna! We are currently under attack by a hostile force! Come east for shelter! If you are part of the hostile force... [statement redacted]. ~Torch* * *4/1/12: I am Toa Techna Torch. Needless to say, we're going down.Radiation interference is startingly high. I can barely keep this channel op--I can barely keep this channel open to tell you that we--To tell you that we're crash-landing on an unknown world. We don't know who lives here. We don't know if we can even survive. We may be stuck there for eternities on end. But toge--But together we can overcome any obstacle. Please, please, plea----put aside your diff----work togeth--We can do thi--This is Toa Techna Torch, signin--[static]* * *Thank you all for playing Techna and making my first RPG a blast. Its sequel, Techna: Breakdown, can be found here. Edited by Legolover-361

Mef Man, I will have to decline your offer to interact, for a few reasons.A. Forcyte is your superior officer, and not a friendly one.B. He's currently too caught up in his work to leave the CKC.C. ...He's currently debating whether or not to give Rakata's Hacker a scare. :PThank you nonetheless,Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

...They're just healthy little fires that are going to light up my resolve."

Fair enough, Mef. :DAnd if Rakata is reading, his Hacker is safe... for now.-Shyyrn

"Let me realize that my past failures at follow-through are no indication of my future performance...

Quick question before I actually start thinking about a profile for this...What are the limits on the Mask of Remembrance? I'm curious on that, and though it wouldn't be used on my first character, I want to know before I start any profiles. =P

Mef Man, I will have to decline your offer to interact, for a few reasons.A. Forcyte is your superior officer, and not a friendly one.B. He's currently too caught up in his work to leave the CKC.C. ...He's currently debating whether or not to give Rakata's Hacker a scare. :PThank you nonetheless,Shyyrn

Awww, you so nice. :P

Fair enough, Mef. :biggrin:And if Rakata is reading, his Hacker is safe... for now.-Shyyrn

I beat some peps up, wana fight? :P

Legolover: Alright, doesn't sound Tsukishima-level breakable, so I accept that. =PDoes a person need to like, say, stab someone or touch someone for it to activate, or just activate the mask power and it will work?And I'm assuming actually inserting yourself into a past in a way is out of the question? =P

Alright, now time to make my group of criminals... and watch as they destroy your petty city through the power of crime!Like J-Walking and stuff. Oh, and literring. Terrible people.In any case, at least it looks good so far. Certainly has the most attention of all the RPGs.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Legolover: Alright, doesn't sound Tsukishima-level breakable, so I accept that. =PDoes a person need to like, say, stab someone or touch someone for it to activate, or just activate the mask power and it will work?And I'm assuming actually inserting yourself into a past in a way is out of the question? =P

The Mask of Remembrance is line-of-sight. As long as you can see the other person and visualize him or her in your mind, the Kanohi will work.If you mean inserting past memories into another person's mind, you can add an extra memory, but 1. such a memory would be hard to synthesize, and 2. it would only be temporary. There is a way to get around that -- I'm not saying how, I'd like the players to find out for themselves -- but I will say you can permanently "add" a false memory through indirect means.If you mean inserting past memories into your own mind, that's easier as you're accepting the past memories as true and thus adding them to your own mind.

Alright, now time to make my group of criminals... and watch as they destroy your petty city through the power of crime!Like J-Walking and stuff. Oh, and literring. Terrible people.

The Toa Techna are watching you. >:(

In any case, at least it looks good so far. Certainly has the most attention of all the RPGs.

I have a feeling the attention is due to Techna being posted before all the other RPGs. I'm glad it's getting attention, though -- the sooner players get warmed up to the game, the sooner we can start getting really into the story.

Mask: Yeah, that sounds fair enough. Would definitely stop Tsukishima-styled God Moding. Though Memory alteration is interesting, it made that character in Bleach waaaaay overpowered. xDBut yeah, that sounds good.

Forget hacking, I just wanna sell illegal goods and torment merchants. :)All of you shopkeepers better be able to pay the protection money.... :evilgrin:And besides Fearless One, a single counter-hacker can't beat all the hackers at once. :P-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

@LL from the profile topic: just as general reference for someone meeting someone else, so the don't have to go digging for a description. That'd be nice, just saying.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

@Lev: That's the thing. $#@[)0III44@~ isn't one person-he's 4+. :devil: But really, one counter-hacker is wreaking havoc on the hackers in general-being a complete thorn in their side. He doesn't really need to bring them down if he can frustrate them enough to give up. And that's not even counting what work the Toa Techna are doing. At this rate, the (apparently measly) ranks of the hackers will be deserted/counter-hacked/blown up/incarcerated in days; I think this is a call for more hackers, if only to even the current odds xP

Edited by Pein

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

And if I get approved the hackers will be the least of your concerns. :evilgrin:Well, not the least. The least of your concerns will be if you turned the stove off back on Spherus Magna...-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Say hello to $#@[)0III44@~, THE counter-hacker and the only char who can rival Forcyte in his primary fields.;P

Ohoho. We must meet. :evil:-Shyyrn

One question: How does the commnication function of the brain implants work? Do you have to know who you are contacting etc., or can you just contact anyone? Is there a maximum range?

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

Our chars will meet in due time; dinnae worry.But somehow, I have a feeling it'll be more a brush between Pohatu and Forcyte than lengthy contact between two guys who know what they're doing in Techna's database. xP'Leastaways, not at first.

[Profiles]

Cropped.png.611b6f973fd434d0847c1fdaa53ac881.png

Wisdom. Restraint. Emptiness. 

Here's a reminder to everyone.Your characters are not gods. NPCs are just as strong, or agile, or clever as you, or in some cases, even more. Do NOT shred them to pieces.Thank you, and have a nice day. :)

BZPRPG Profiles

IC:

"It comes with the job," Halfimus explained, "I'm not paid enough to give anything outside quick flavour descriptions."

So pay me more AuRon.

Am I the only person who has made a character who doesn't actually do anything of importance other than be a Dungeon Master for a D&D parody and make references to Fate/Stay night?Anyway, what's happening at the moment?

I quite enjoy your character--or at least, the fish summoner accompanying him. :D To answer your other question, Mef Man is introducing several characters to cigarettes, and the Toa Techna are establishing contact with one another.And I second what King of No Isles said.Rakata: Please remember that as of now, the Hackers do not do overt acts of violence. Sneaking into computers and uploading viruses, yes; smashing into libraries and injuring people, not so much.Your faction might be better served if you keep a low profile and try to rendezvous with other Hackers. Just a suggestion. :P-Shyyrn

Well Hubert, at least your character knows how many d8 damage a laser rifle does. :POn the subject of NPCs - typically, all players are superior to NPCs, save typically a few very powerful ones. And in this case, all of those NPCs are the Toa Techna, who are PCs. However, I assure you, if you were walking around Lunctus Castrum in Elementum-Nui and shooting guards, you'd be dead faster than you can say, "I am dead Blargh!"Of course, I think that city has more guards than this one has people. <_<Though to Rakata, why are you killing them? You are a psionics user with a mask of mind control! You have a thousand other ways to get in!-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa: