LEGO Overwatch Sets Coming Soon

Fans of LEGO and the hit video game Overwatch got a surprise the other day as both LEGO and Blizzard tweeted a short video, stating HEROES WANTED. Watch the video, and the tagline becomes clear for fans of the popular game. Additionally, a minisite on LEGO.com simply states "coming soon," so keep an eye on that site for set details and minifig images. We can see some ghostly character outlines in minifig form in the video--which characters do you think are getting the LEGO treatment, and what details do you hope appear in sets? Sound off in the talkback topic.

View the full article

Beyond excited. Love the game. Been playing since it was released. Hope they make a Zen figure after the first wave (assuming there is more than one wave).

I do wonder if they'd give him regular minifig legs. Because the world is not ready for Zen using his legs.

I'm more interested to see how they solve his orbs. Also curious to see how they do the bigger characters like Reinhardt and Dva.

Yeah, but the teaser video is new.

Beyond excited. Love the game. Been playing since it was released. Hope they make a Zen figure after the first wave (assuming there is more than one wave).

I do wonder if they'd give him regular minifig legs. Because the world is not ready for Zen using his legs.

I'm more interested to see how they solve his orbs. Also curious to see how they do the bigger characters like Reinhardt and Dva.

Reinhardt seems like he'd be a good candidate for either a bigfig like Mungus from Chima or Killow from Ninjago, or a "semi-bigfig" like Axl from Nexo Knights. I would hope that either way he'd have a standard minifig head, so you could have him either helmeted or with a hairpiece representing his hair and beard.

Dva's MEKA, on the other hand, will almost certainly be some sort of brick-built vehicle. It'll be interesting to see how they handle the scale—scale on small mechs can be iffy, and sometimes functionality, detail, or durability requires Lego to fudge the scale a bit like with the multiple Hulkbusters they've done in the Marvel Super Heroes theme.

I expect that Bastion would also be a good candidate for a brick-built or mostly brick-built character.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

On D.Va's mech, something on the scale of Sentry or Uplink from Exo-Force seems like a good scale to start from.

That would seem like a relatively accurate scale. But that's not the only consideration in set design. The best scale has to balance a reasonable scale compared to other figs with which scale allows for the best visual representation of the subject itself. For mechs and other vehicles, an added consideration is being able to easily insert and remove a figure without making it too fragile.

Which isn't to say they couldn't pull it off at that scale, particularly with the introduction of useful parts like Mixel joints since those Exo-Force days. But they might end up fudging the scale a bit toward something bigger if not doing so would compromise the look or structure of the MEKA.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother