Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

If you had told me a year ago that I would one day be a fan of My Little Pony, I would have thought you were crazy or trolling. Strange how quickly things change. I've actually determined part of the cause of the show's awesomeness; In this day and age, with intense, action-packed shows with mature content, it's ridiculously enjoyable to just kick back and watch a light-hearted show with good values, little violence, and great humor. In other news, Fluttershy is awesome.

IN CHAOS, ORDER.

-Knight of Kaos

If you had told me a year ago that I would one day be a fan of My Little Pony, I would have thought you were crazy or trolling. Strange how quickly things change. I've actually determined part of the cause of the show's awesomeness; In this day and age, with intense, action-packed shows with mature content, it's ridiculously enjoyable to just kick back and watch a light-hearted show with good values, little violence, and great humor. In other news, Rarity is awesome.

True words, man, I can agree with that whole post. -Skar

And crisis averted. Thanks Makaru. :biggrin: Since we're all on the subject of fanfics, anyone here got a favorite? Past Sins is a personal favorite, but for sheer comedic joy It's Always Sunny in Fillydelphia is a delight.

Edited by lavaside rahi

If you want to see what became of me... I became a brony fan fiction writer.

You flatter me, Calamity. :P Oh man, I love Ballad of Twilight Sparkle. I avoid shipping like the plague, but that one really caught my attention and has held it since. And It's A Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door is another favorite. It's like LOTR meets ponies...and it's awesome.

Edited by lavaside rahi

Am I the only one who doesn't read fanfics... for anything?

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

No, there are more people that don't read fanfics in this topic than those that do. But still they're good you should try them sometime.

Oh man, I love Ballad of Twilight Sparkle. I avoid shipping like the plague, but that one really caught my attention and has held it since.

This is exactly the way I felt. /)^3^(\ Who could say no to Rarity decked out with weapons? Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

And how many of you are men? Just curious.

I'm a 15-year-old male. And I've never felt more socially accepted than talking with other adolescent males about ponies and friendship. :)

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

What does your mom have against pony fics?

I am... unless I you mean like over 18. Then I'm not... And that's my excuse for watching MLP...
17 rounds to 18, right? You don't need an excuse to watch ponies!
No. 16 rounds down to 4 years old... And a little girl. :P jk jk

I'm a 15-year-old male. And I've never felt more socially accepted than talking with other adolescent males about ponies and friendship. :)
This, pretty much. I'm 15 years old and I don't think I've felt this way on BZP in a very long time. I would have never expected ponies to return that feeling. Since I don't want to just quote something and repeat what someone said, I'm going to ask a question: Would you have said 'yes' to a question asking you if you would never become a brony a week before you became one? Also, I haven't read any fanfics and I don't intend to. That could change, that could change, but I won't be interested in any for a long while.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Am I the only one who doesn't read fanfics... for anything?

xinlo-small.gif

Not at all. I can't really be bothered with them, as they're just non-canon anyway. I'll go through fan-art and the like, mainly just to find some good humour, but when it comes to fan-fics, I just can't bring myself to finish them.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Would you have said 'yes' to a question asking you if you would never become a brony a week before you became one?

I probably would have said no, but only because I was ambivalent at the time. I didn't really want to watch ponies. Then I got sucked in.14 people reading this topic? Crowded. O_o Edited by --Calamity--
19704_s.gif

I'd have said no, because I had a strong feeling I would.

What does your mom have against pony fics?

Not anything against pony fics, just against any site besides BZP Edited by Toa of Dischordant Dancing

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

This, pretty much. I'm 15 years old and I don't think I've felt this way on BZP in a very long time. I would have never expected ponies to return that feeling. Since I don't want to just quote something and repeat what someone said, I'm going to ask a question: Would you have said 'yes' to a question asking you if you would never become a brony a week before you became one? Also, I haven't read any fanfics and I don't intend to. That could change, that could change, but I won't be interested in any for a long while.
Well, I became a brony really late into the meme (this week, actually). I've seen some of the pictures online (like the Lesson Zero one, with all the creepy pictures of Twilight), and I liked them, and I read a little about it online, but I haven't seen the series until a few days ago. So, a week before I was, I would have said I could be a brony.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I'm 18, if that counts for anything. As for fics:
  • [*]It's A Dangerous Business, Going Out Your Door[*]On A Cross and Arrow[*]Creeping Darkness

doctor_whooves_and_derpy_sig_by_delta105-d4d5vi8.png

Valenti just blogged about said feeling of belonging... and I totally agree. I used to feel ignored and irrelevant here, but not with all you guys.

^_^ Also I was saying no, 'cause LM kept hinting I should watch it. I thought he was super weird until that fateful saturday night...

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Would you have said 'yes' to a question asking you if you would never become a brony a week before you became one?

Not even. The turnover from "what in the world is this?" to "why am I even watching this?" to "why am I enjoying this?" to "screw it, I'm a brony" happened very quickly, like over the course of a few days.

Actually, I am a lizard man of sorts. As for fanfics, I usually don't read them, but I LOVED Past Sins. Fas to be one of the best things I've ever read. And not because it is ponies. It is just so well written.
They were called Tenno. Warriors of blade and gun: masters of the Warframe armor. Those that survived the old war were left drifting among the ruins. Now they are needed once more.

The Grineer, with their vast armies, are spreading throughout the solar system. A call echoes across the stars summoning the Tenno to an ancient place. They summon you. 

Allow the Lotus to guide you. She has rescued you from your cryostasis chamber and given you a chance to survive. The Grineer will find you; you must be prepared. The Lotus will teach you the ways of the Warframes and the secrets to unlocking their powers.

Come Tenno, you must join the war.

Valenti just blogged about said feeling of belonging... and I totally agree. I used to feel ignored and irrelevant here, but not with all you guys.

^_^

I know that feeling. I used to feel like I was one of those people who was just there. Now I feel like one of those people who some people know. Or ponies, as the case might be. :P
19704_s.gif

To answer my own question that I asked a few minutes ago or so, I would have said no. I was not expecting this to happen. But it did. My opinion was wrong and I almost hated it due to other influences. That changed over the course of a week. Then, I only become one of us last sunday or somewhere around then, so very recently.

On Bota Magna, everything is about to fall apart.

Not even. The turnover from "what in the world is this?" to "why am I even watching this?" to "why am I enjoying this?" to "screw it, I'm a brony" happened very quickly, like over the course of a few days.
That's how it happened to me. A lot of people talk about how they went through some sort of mid-life crisis trying to deal with their growing brony-ness, but I haven't got a clue what they're talking about. Plus, it also helped that I have a school friend who became a brony around the same time.
doctor_whooves_and_derpy_sig_by_delta105-d4d5vi8.png

Since I don't want to just quote something and repeat what someone said, I'm going to ask a question: Would you have said 'yes' to a question asking you if you would never become a Brony a week before you became one?

Well, my 'transformation', was drawn out in a way, a Brony I knew on another site forced me to watch the third episode, just to see what it was like. I did so, but was only able to get through about four minutes before I had to stop, and realize what I was doing. Sadly, one of my very non-Brony friends (not in any harsh way, though) came in and had a huge and drawn out debate with the Brony about the show, and got him to leave with the thought that I didn't like the show. Well, that's about where it started, about two weeks after that, I met another Brony on another site, and he coaxed me into watching the first episode. I managed to get through it (After two days of trying XP) and found out that there was a part two. I found it very strange that I was eager and curious about what would happen next in the show. The next day or so, I found episode two, and sat for 20 minutes straight, watching it. I guess you could say I was hooked after that. But back to the question, if you had asked me if I would become a Brony in a week before I became one... well, I probably would have shrugged, and said I don't know. -Skar