Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Hey, does anybody get how the pony surname system works? Applejack, Apple Bloom, Big MacIntosh, and Granny Smith are all in the Apple family, even if only two of them have Apple as part of their name. The Cutie Mark Chronicles says that they're related to the Oranges. But people talk about Twilight Sparkle as if Twilight is her first name, and Sparkle is her last name.

I just assume that some families develop naming traditions (such as AJ's family having an apple theme), while others don't. When marrying into one of these families, a mare may sometimes change her name to honour the tradition, adopting a part of her husband's name. EDIT: Maybe the Apple family is also descended from a broader fruit-farming line of ponies, hence their relation to the Oranges. Over time, each generation's talents became more specific as the population grew.
This does make sense, as early humans did that. (Fun fact: The surname Smith comes from how smithing (ironsmith, blacksmith, etc.) was a common profession in the middle ages.)

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I've been completely against the MLP movement and actively made it clear that I refused to acknowledge it. However, one of my best friends is a brony, and although my other friend in our little trio have been trying to revert him, (we're quite abusive towards each other :P) last night he coerced me into watching it. Today, I was welcomed into the herd. Friendship really is magic! :love:

TDH, DOOD. I KNOW YOU. :o WELCOME TO DA HURD, BRAH! :D -Skar

Hey, does anybody get how the pony surname system works? Applejack, Apple Bloom, Big MacIntosh, and Granny Smith are all in the Apple family, even if only two of them have Apple as part of their name. The Cutie Mark Chronicles says that they're related to the Oranges. But people talk about Twilight Sparkle as if Twilight is her first name, and Sparkle is her last name.

I just assume that some families develop naming traditions (such as AJ's family having an apple theme), while others don't. When marrying into one of these families, a mare may sometimes change her name to honour the tradition, adopting a part of her husband's name. EDIT: Maybe the Apple family is also descended from a broader fruit-farming line of ponies, hence their relation to the Oranges. Over time, each generation's talents became more specific as the population grew.
This does make sense, as early humans did that. (Fun fact: The surname Smith comes from how smithing (ironsmith, blacksmith, etc.) was a common profession in the middle ages.)
Adding to this, the prefix Mc means son of , so Mc'Neil, would mean the son of Neil :P yay for random information.

Just listened to "She's a Pony", which is a remix3 of Pinkie's "Grand Galoping Gala" minisong to the tune of Hans Zimmer's "He's a Pirate" from PotC. It is unbelievably addicting.

There's a remix of that, too XDThere are also fanfics based of fanfics, fanfics based off of fan music, fanfics based off of fanart, fanart based off of fanfics, and fan music based of fan music, all based off of one series.
19704_s.gif

Just listened to "She's a Pony", which is a remix3 of Pinkie's "Grand Galoping Gala" minisong to the tune of Hans Zimmer's "He's a Pirate" from PotC. It is unbelievably addicting.

There's a remix of that, too XD There are also fanfics based of fanfics, fanfics based off of fan music, fanfics based off of fanart, fanart based off of fanfics, and fan music based of fan music, all based off of one series.
FANCEPTION. I've always liked Flutterwonder and Discord (EuroChaso Mix). I catch myself signing them to myself sometimes.
doctor_whooves_and_derpy_sig_by_delta105-d4d5vi8.png

Twilight tries teaching Rarity teleportation, but an accident causes her to get horn rot, which will kill her in a couple weeks unless Rainbow Dash, AJ, and Rarity can go get the last ingredient for Zecora's stew from a place far away from Equestria. That's the general idea, at least. Lot more stuff going on, but the main plot is that Twi's sick, RD, AJ, and Rarity have to save her.

19704_s.gif

After watching both parts of The Return of Harmony, I have decided Discord isn't really evil as much as he is the greatest troll who ever lived. Now excuse me, I need to find a Pinkie pie Trollface.

Signature Guidelines: Signature may not exceed the 800x300 limit. For more reference use the box located in your signature editor.

I've now watched all the episodes up to Fall Weather Friend. Observations:

• [*]I hate Trixie.[*]All the main ponies are so cool I just can't choose my favourite. D: Except Rarity, I just don't like her as much.[*]DOCTOR WHOOOOOOVES[*]Yay Apple Bloom.

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

• [*]I hate Trixie.[*]All the main ponies are so cool I just can't choose my favourite. D: Except Rarity, I just don't like her as much.[*]DOCTOR WHOOOOOOVES[*]Yay Apple Bloom.

O_- Rarity is best pony, there is no way around it. Not. One. -Skar(loljkhaveyourownopinions)

O_- Rarity is best pony, there is no way around it. Not. One. -Skar(loljkhaveyourownopinions)

I have sinned. ): I also find myself a fan of Flutterguy. The moment I heard that voice I was hooked.

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

Opinion-wise, Twilight and Fluttershy are best pony. Fact-wise, Fluttershy is best pony. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Cannae wait, cap'n!

XD Pipsqueak At least Littlepip's mom had the sense not to name her that[/FO:E] I wonder if he'll be in any more episodes...

Spoiler'd just in case.

I can already tell he's going to be the newfad among bronies. He's got all the requirements:

• [*]Cute voce[*]Unique body design[*]Suggested history free to be embellished[*]The episode hasn't even aired and there's already fan art of him

Hopefully I won't be sick of him by the time the craze dies down.

Edited by Toa Tarkana
doctor_whooves_and_derpy_sig_by_delta105-d4d5vi8.png

Note to self: don't take eyes off this topic as it gain between 1-3 pages.New episode and now we'll see how many Luna fanfics got close to her personality.Also is it normal that I have the urge to write a Bionicle MLP FiM crossover?Speaking of Fanfics I can't believe no one has recomended "Mort Takes a Holiday" or "Progress" both are very enteraining.

overwatch-pharah-mission-statement_Thumb