Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

So, I found an awesome RD backpack... I don't even like RD and I'm tempted to get it. d:

So, apparently we're getting an MLP movie... Thoughts?

Are you talking about what Meghan McCarthy said? She just said it wasn't up to her, so it wasn't confirmed or denied. It would be cool if we were though. If I were them I'd wait a few more seasons to allow the fandom to grow more. Even though it's pretty big, were still only like 2-4 million strong and some of us would be to shy to see it in public. Plus however many little girls there are, kinda forgot that they watch too.

Edited by High Voltage

So, I found an awesome RD backpack... I don't even like RD and I'm tempted to get it. d:

Are you talking about what Meghan McCarthy said? She just said it wasn't up to her, so it wasn't confirmed or denied. It would be cool if we were though. If I were them I'd wait a few more seasons to allow the fandom to grow more. Even though it's pretty big, were still only like 2-4 million strong and some of us would be to shy to see it in public. Plus however many little girls there are, kinda forgot that they watch too.

But it could be a straight to DVD release. I would probably be one of the shy ones xD

But it could be a straight to DVD release. I would probably be one of the shy ones xD

Haha, so would I. I guess one for the hub/direct to dvd would work.

Who here liked the wedding eps? i liked them because of Queen Chrysalis, I kinda fell in love w/ her(not in that way) as a character. she was a good vilain w/ a plan: conquer Equestria.
I liked those too.Is is just me, or is Celestia useless at times where such a figure would seem to be most useful. She did not seem to be there when Nightmare Moon was there (I could be wrong since I have not seen that episode in a long time), with Discord we don't know what she was doing other then sending Twilight her letters back. Then Chrysalis comes along and this is the first time we see Celestia actively try to stop the big bad guy and she loses rather easily.Granted I know the reasons for this from a literacy standpoint, it has to show the protagonists facing and beating the big threat on their own and learning a valuable lesson from it. But in the series it can draw a noticeable line between how powerful people claim she is and how powerful she actually is. However I am not going to question that she is more powerful then the Mane 6, and her past exploits are something only a powerful being could pull off, either way I think you see where I am coming from. Edited by Proud Stigma

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I think Celestia couldn't stop Nightmare Moon because, when she sent Twilight to Ponyville, she didn't know how NM would strike, simply that, since the thousand years were up, she would.Against Discord, the Elements of Harmony were the only way to stop him, since his chaos powers would easily nullify any other means, like Celestia's magic, and Celestia was no longer able to use the Elements.Against Chrysalis, I don't know.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

I think Celestia couldn't stop Nightmare Moon because, when she sent Twilight to Ponyville, she didn't know how NM would strike, simply that, since the thousand years were up, she would.Against Discord, the Elements of Harmony were the only way to stop him, since his chaos powers would easily nullify any other means, like Celestia's magic, and Celestia was no longer able to use the Elements.Against Chrysalis, I don't know.
Chrysalis was hopped up on love juice, even she was surprised when she managed to beat Celestia. Shining Armor just has an exceptionally strong love for Cadance.

Wow. Those are great pictures. The Equestria map is great. Love to see how everything is laid out.But the Season 2 cast picture is even better. I love the whole "group photo gone wrong" deal. Everyone is doing their own thing. Even random characters like the "YEAH!" Pony (does he have a name?) and Ninja Mulia are in it. Not to mention Crackle, Cerberus, Mare Do Well, Screwball, Daring Do, and Ahuizotl.Then there's the activity. Pinkie surprising Cranky Doodle and Matilda, Vinyl and Octavia, and Applebloom wearing Luna's neckpiece.Need higher quality picture.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

For those that haven't seen 'em yet.Here is the official map of Equestria, and here is the Season two cast poster.Best parts about the cast poster: Lyra, future Twilight and Docter Hooves, and they put Vinyl and Octavia together!
Not to mention Pinkie still terrorising Cranky, Ninja Mulia, Screwball looking adoringly at Discord, the Cutie Mark Crusaders stealing Luna's stuff...EDIT: Also, that whale-blimp thingy in the background- Which episode is that from? Edited by Alyska

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

EDIT: Also, that whale-blimp thingy in the background- Which episode is that from?
Whichever episode it was when Rarity went to Canterlot and met Fancy Pants.Y'know, the episode that taught kids how to lie and get away with it.Kalhiki

mrdark2.png

You're Doomed, Rayman!

Boy! I just love it when my computer doesn't tell me when my battery is getting low!

(that's sarcasm, by the way)

For those that haven't seen 'em yet.Here is the official map of Equestria, and here is the Season two cast poster.Best parts about the cast poster: Lyra, future Twilight and Docter Hooves, and they put Vinyl and Octavia together!
Not to mention Pinkie still terrorising Cranky, Ninja Mulia, Screwball looking adoringly at Discord, the Cutie Mark Crusaders stealing Luna's stuff...EDIT: Also, that whale-blimp thingy in the background- Which episode is that from?
Sweet and Elite. Somewhere around S2 E10 if memory serves. It's the one where rarity becomes all classy but forgets her friends for a bit but remembers them again. Then a party happens. Great episode. Edited by High Voltage

So apparently,

Scootaloo was never meant to fly.There was also a story concept of a pony being raised by deer, who was discovered by AJ and RD. (RD would try to make the pony realise that he (or she) was indeed a pony, while AJ would want to leave her/him happy with the deer family.)

Edited by Valenti

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So apparently,

Scootaloo was never meant to fly.There was also a story concept of a pony being raised by deer, who was discovered by AJ and RD. (RD would try to make the pony realise that he (or she) was indeed a pony, while AJ would want to leave her/him happy with the deer family.)

Poor Scoots, now she's really a dodo, *gets murdered by Scootaloo fans.*Also, that sounds like interesting episode.

Has anyone else noticed that this show is probably the only children's show that has had an introverted and pessimistic character and the show doesn't make said character see "the errors of his ways" and force him to be like everyone else? Even going so far as to say that such a thing is actually okay? That is one of the many reasons I love this show, any other would force conformity down his throat which is a horrible moral. For those who do not know, I am referring to Cranky, but I am sure everyone here knew that.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I like the controversy dodging with Derpy.[/sarcasm]But naw, seriously, those are pretty darn awesome. Love how future Twi, Doc, Derpy, Tank, and even the Cerberus are on there. And the map is cool.

This is a signature that describes me as a person. Lazy, dry, and overall just a procra...

*insert placeholder signature here*

My favorite part is that Sibsy made the poster.Also here are some high quality posters. Edited by IV. Vexen

Has anyone else noticed that this show is probably the only children's show that has had an introverted and pessimistic character and the show doesn't make said character see "the errors of his ways" and force him to be like everyone else? Even going so far as to say that such a thing is actually okay? That is one of the many reasons I love this show, any other would force conformity down his throat which is a horrible moral. For those who do not know, I am referring to Cranky, but I am sure everyone here knew that.
I actually thought you were talking about Twilight. derp you said him

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

Upon re-watching "Hearth's Warming Eve," I realize that the actual Chancellor Puddinghead was a corrupt, semi-insane despot. He probably wasn't even really elected. Kind of a pony version of Caligula. Commander Hurricane (with his mention of having Private Pansy "court-martialed for insubordination") invokes feelings on Stalin, and Princess Platinum's disregard for the welfare of her own people make her like King Louis XIV of France. In general, all the ancient pony leaders seem to be racist imperialists.I'd have liked to see Equestria's founding reenacted by actors whom weren't adorable ponies.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Really glad the Fighting is Magic team didn't stop doing updates even though it was leaked. I think Rainbow Dash's theme may have been what was missing in my life.

Upon re-watching "Hearth's Warming Eve," I realize that the actual Chancellor Puddinghead was a corrupt, semi-insane despot. He probably wasn't even really elected. Kind of a pony version of Caligula. Commander Hurricane (with his mention of having Private Pansy "court-martialed for insubordination") invokes feelings on Stalin, and Princess Platinum's disregard for the welfare of her own people make her like King Louis XIV of France. In general, all the ancient pony leaders seem to be racist imperialists.I'd have liked to see Equestria's founding reenacted by actors whom weren't adorable ponies.
Smart Cookie always seemed like a better chancellor. The racism probably just came about from the food crisis going on and they were all looking out for their own people. I doubt that were that racist in times of peace since the system which all the ponies lived under needed mutual co-operation. And even though they were insufferable, it is going a bit far to say Commander Hurricane and Princess Platinum were as bad as the historical figures you mentioned. I'm fine with Puddinghead, she just thought inside the chimney.Though it is just a play. The events surrounding it would probably not happen exactly like that.
...what the heck? Do you look for stuff like that in everything you watch?
Fans overanalyse EVERYTHING. Edited by High Voltage

You can apply that to more then just Cranky, however I would not really place "cynical" as a defining trait of hers, though I can agree with her being introverted, though one could argue how much, she definitely has extroverted qualities. Sure she did a lot of loner activities but at the same time she does not seem to lose energy or have trouble making/being around her friends.
As another history buff, I agree, though the ending was WAY more optimistic then what actually happened in real life. Their subordinates would also have probably not been so willing to make a co-existing society as the show seems to imply, odds are they would have more-or-less worshiped their leaders, or at least, that is more like it was in real life dictatorships, as you most likely knew.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

You can apply that to more then just Cranky, however I would not really place "cynical" as a defining trait of hers, though I can agree with her being introverted, though one could argue how much, she definitely has extroverted qualities. Sure she did a lot of loner activities but at the same time she does not seem to lose energy or have trouble making/being around her friends.
As another history buff, I agree, though the ending was WAY more optimistic then what actually happened in real life. Their subordinates would also have probably not been so willing to make a co-existing society as the show seems to imply, odds are they would have more-or-less worshiped their leaders, or at least, that is more like it was in real life dictatorships, as you most likely knew.
I doubt they would have worshipped their superiors, seeing as each of those superiors treated them pretty poorly. To an extent, going back to your history analogy, all three of them had aspects of Marie Antoinette, as well, in that their decisions and attitudes were far from popular with their subjects.Additionally, even if the common folk did have a more idealized vision of their leaders, the leaders seemed to have reconciled their differences (with the help of their more open-minded right-hand ponies) by the time they all got out of that cave. In this case a sense of worship for the leaders would probably accelerate reconciliation for each of their respective races. particularly if that reconciliation was attached to an end to the famine and winter that had afflicted all of them. Again going back to history, the first Grand Galloping Gala which marked the end to the ponies' struggles could be considered similar to the first American Thanksgiving, only in this case marking a longer-lasting peace.As a side note, my personal headcanon is that the race of Unicorn Pegasi was established shortly after this (possibly by magical means), as a race of ponies to rule Equestria which would be equally loyal to all three pony races. Edited by Lyichir

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yeah, I got the idea that the three leaders were unpopular. Pansy even says so about Hurricane. And, given the Roman armor the Pegasi wore, Hurricane might have been more like Emperor Nero than Stalin.

"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

I did not necessarily mean they would have "worshiped" them in a respect sense, it could have been fear too, as I am sure a lot of people were fearful in such governments, granted when raised to think that say, Stalin is a messiah figure even though most of your hardships are caused by him then you will sincerely believe it, such is the case with present day North Korea.

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

Hmm, so my long time friend (and ex-BZP member formerly known as the Driver aka IXI) Shiropoint is at Everfree NW right now. :3

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~