Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Here's how I see it based on what we've seen in the show:-Female royalty possess some sort of magical gene that gives them both wings and a horn which is why Blueblood is only a unicorn.-Alicorns are typically no different than any other type of pony. They're born, grow at a normal rate, and eventually wither away. They're just ponies with wings and a horn (and maybe with a trait that makes them beautiful seeing as the only other pony with their build was a supermodel of sorts). This explains Cadence.-Celestia and Luna are no different. Well, were no different. I suspect that some form of very powerful magic (Elements of Harmony?) stopped the aging process and transformed them into godlike beings with, like what Coob said, biological immortality. This could explain S1 Luna. With her powers taken away from her, she reverted back to her default alicorn self and possibly back to the age when she first got those godlike powers. When S2 comes around, Luna has redeemed herself and gets her powers back.I could be wrong but it's the best I could muster up with the information given. Maybe it'll be elaborated upon in S3.

G A Y   A S   H E C K

There is one, but he has no wings or horn. He's Big Macintosh.:P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

It's possible that there's something special about Celestia and Luna's lifespans, such as perhaps that their functions are so very important that they aren't allowed to grow old or die. In which case it would be understandable if Cadance had a more typical pony lifespan.On the other hand, it's also possible that Cadance is immortal/extremely long-lived, but I doubt that says anything especially morbid about the future of her relationship with Shining Armor. Because magic solves everything! I think it's perfectly possible that she could give up some of her lifespan to keep Shining Armor around.

So, this is probably an achievement or milestone of some sort. I actually bought (read: paid MOENY) a pony album for from The Aviators' (I also got a non-pony one). So far my favorite tracks are The Adventure, Never Back Down (it's about Daring DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO), and One Last Letter.It's all really odd. I'd never have thought I'd become one of those bronies that completely loads up their iPod with pony music, but it's about to start squeezing the regular stuff off to make more room. It's just that there's such good stuff out there that's so enjoyable and the fact it's pony is irrelevant.

«Takuma Nuva»

76561198002924926.png

If The Good Lord had intended us to walk

He would not have invented roller skates.
-- Willy Wonka

Never Back Down is great, easily my favorite Aviators song. He has a lot of other good ones, too, though; Worlds Collide comes to mind, although that one isn't pony.The Adventure is all right; kinda sounds like a happier version of Friendship IMO. (I think; don't actually remember...) (or it could be the other way around but whatever)I also really like his Love is in Bloom remix. Easily one of the best ones out there, although I might be saying that because of how much he added in there (I'm not really comparing to that much, either, just d.notive's and Archie's, both of which are good, but aren't as good to me as Aviators/Yelling at Cats/Hmage's.)If You Only Knew is a good one, too; not his normal style but still absolute <3. The My Little Dashie version is good too, although I haven't actually read it so I don't understand as much of that as with the original Last Roundup version.Speaking of music, the eurobeat remix of This Day Aria is absolutely amazing. Well, Odyssey's version, anyway. Jessa's sounds kinda weird because Odyssey is still singing backup and that kinda messes with things IMO.

19704_s.gif

I like the idea that Alicorns are biologically immortal, meaning they cannot die due to old age or sickness, but they can be killed.Concerning Cadance, it seems likely that Alicorns mature at the same rate as normal ponies, but stop visibly aging at some point. So she was probably born a few years before Twilight and the rest, during Luna's banishment. That would sadly mean that she will outlive Shining, unless she gets killed. Dont ask me for the preferable option.Or perhaps it's like in Lord of the Rings and they can trade in their biological immortality for living with a mortal. That would be a somewhat romantic solution to the problem.
Took the words out of my mouth. I reckon if they could give up immortality then that would be the most desirable option. Maybe it's like FiW, where only a certain number of alicorns can exist at one time, and if they choose to give it up they can as long as it is transferred to another pony.And you know what another great Aviators song is? Fear of Flight. Or at least it's my favourite.

yay wave 4 blind bagsGot all special editions. ^^ Metallic Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie PIe.One of my 'new' favorite brony tunes is "Baroque Nightmare" by Psychgoth.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

^At the moment I've been having 20 Percent Cooler by Ken Ashcorp in the role of favourite MLP fan song. I wouldn't say favourite song though, as that's taken by another song from the same artist that's probably best not being mentioned around here.What's weird about this one is that technically it's got nothing to do with MLP. Obviously the references are there, the title alone says it all, but it stands pretty strong independently. It's also a genre I wouldn't have imagined myself getting too strongly into, yet somehow have.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Okay, so I saw a couple episodes on a bus ride home (my brony friend's mp3 player), then I went home and saw another 25 or so, I also happen to have fallen in love with it so I suppose I am a Brony now.
Welcome to the herd. As for my favorite brony song currently, it has to be "Breaking Bonds" by Acoustic Brony, PrinceWhateverer, and a whole lot of others. Though I'll still take "Loyalty" as my absolute favorite.

Scootaloo,

the greatest chicken/dodo/scooter riding Pegasus ever

I'm not really into brony music.... Never been a fan of instrumentals.Is there any non instrumental brony songs?
Actually, a lot of the songs we're talking about are vocals. Just about all of Aviators's stuff is vocal, Loyalty is vocal... Eurobeat Brony has Luna, Discord, and his Flim Flam Brothers and This Day Aria remixes, Glaze + Mic has Nightmare Night, Glaze + Stormwolf has Fruits of Her Labour, Stormwolf has Beginning of Order, d.notive has Let Your Mane Down, d.notive + zahqo has Hand For Hoof, zahqo has Luna's Ruse, Living Tombstone has September and his Becoming Popular remix, Mando has So Much Left To Know, I'll Be Waiting, and a couple more vocal songs (love his 8-bit too, though). EQD has practically a post a day dedicated to vocal music. Edited by ~Allegretto~
19704_s.gif

I'm not really into brony music.... Never been a fan of instrumentals.Is there any non instrumental brony songs?
Actually, a lot of the songs we're talking about are vocals. Just about all of Aviators's stuff is vocal, Loyalty is vocal... Eurobeat Brony has Luna, Discord, and his Flim Flam Brothers and This Day Aria remixes, Glaze + Mic has Nightmare Night, Glaze + Stormwolf has Fruits of Her Labour, Stormwolf has Beginning of Order, d.notive has Let Your Mane Down, d.notive + zahqo has Hand For Hoof, zahqo has Luna's Ruse, Living Tombstone has September and his Becoming Popular remix, Mando has So Much Left To Know, I'll Be Waiting, and a couple more vocal songs (love his 8-bit too, though). EQD has practically a post a day dedicated to vocal music.
...Wow. :PI've heard some eurobeat, and I my favorite is the Becoming Popular remix. d:

When I said my favourite song was Fear of Flight, I meant out of Aviators music. My favourite right now is either Awoken by H8_Seed and WoodenToaster, Party with Pinkie VIP by Alex S or Tysolin's orchestral covers of Woodentoaster's more popular songs. The original Party with Pinkie was the first thing that made me check the show out.And Rarity, what's with your sig if you don't mind me asking?

Radiohead lyrics.Working at Walmart I've collected three brohoofs from shoppers with pony shirts (and one from another employee, who I haven't seen again), and shouted at another that Rarity was best pony (he had a Derpy is Best Pony shirt on). This brings my total number of brohoofs from strangers to six. cool.png

skiddo.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

You really can't go wrong with Wooden Toaster, my personal favorite when it comes to lyrical brony music.
jlovfkk.jpg

I haven't used the full version of BZP lately.What's my sig? :P
It saysBut I'm a creepI'm a weirdoWhat the ###### am I doing here?I don't belong hereI don't belong hereDidn't really know what that is about, but if it's from a while ago then I understand.And the best thing about Toaster apart from his music is that if you are new to brony music then you can find others through him as he collaborates with a lot of other good musicians. They are the ones who usually sing in his lyrical songs. I'd recommend listening to his purely instrumental ones as well though, they are really good.

And then there's the Massive Smile Project. A whole lot of the better known brony singers coming together to sing Pinkie Pie's "Smile!" for charity. cool.png

f9Qcky7.png

I haven't used the full version of BZP lately.What's my sig? :P
It saysBut I'm a creepI'm a weirdoWhat the ###### am I doing here?I don't belong hereI don't belong hereDidn't really know what that is about, but if it's from a while ago then I understand.And the best thing about Toaster apart from his music is that if you are new to brony music then you can find others through him as he collaborates with a lot of other good musicians. They are the ones who usually sing in his lyrical songs. I'd recommend listening to his purely instrumental ones as well though, they are really good.
Oh, those are lyrics.Kay, I'll try to listen to toaster today!

And then there's the Massive Smile Project. A whole lot of the better known brony singers coming together to sing Pinkie Pie's "Smile!" for charity. cool.png
I would love to see that.When's it happening, where's it happening?
Ish not live though. xD I just meant that they were working together to make a great cover of the song. It's online already. ^^

f9Qcky7.png

I would love to see that.When's it happening, where's it happening?
Ish not live though. xD I just meant that they were working together to make a great cover of the song. It's online already. ^^
*Facehoof*

What do you get when you multiply 6 times 9?

I'm planning on going to a meetup at the end of August. It's a pity it's so far away as I'm actually kind of excited for it, due to it involving bowling and a beach party. The only thing I find disconcerting is there appear to be quite an intimidating amount of people saying they want to go. Luckily I won't be the only person I know, as three of my friends have agreed to come along.

Edited by Grimoire Albastru

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

yay wave 4 blind bagsGot all special editions. ^^ Metallic Applejack, Rarity and Pinkie PIe.One of my 'new' favorite brony tunes is "Baroque Nightmare" by Psychgoth.
I feel envious. It's going to take months for us Americans to get these new waves. Especially since I'm really anxious for the wave 5 blind bags. At this rate, I can't get my hands on those for another year or something.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

Oh hey, I was in the Massive Smile Chorus for that!
So I went to a brony meetup today. There were only like eight people there but it was fun.Hopefully there will be another one in the future so I can bring speakers and play Rainbow Factory with my iPod
Awesome, man. I've been to a couple local brony meetups so far now (It's a monthly one), and it's always a whole lot of fun.So, who here plans to try to snag the Derpy toy next month when it goes up on Hasbro's online shop after Comic-Con? I've got a $30 Groupon and I know where I'm spending it. =P~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)

So has the show lost it's magic for anyone?
Not for me. Older episodes have a different feeling now that I'm accustomed to them, but it's not really a bad thing as they are still excellent. On the other hand there's still the exciting new feeling of a new episode. I legitimately got chills during some of the last episodes of last season and they continue to give me them, so my answer is no for if it lost its magic regardless if the episode is old or new.

Brushie Twilight Sparkle added to my collection. :3

I feel envious. It's going to take months for us Americans to get these new waves. Especially since I'm really anxious for the wave 5 blind bags. At this rate, I can't get my hands on those for another year or something.
Well, there's always eBray etc. :)
Oh hey, I was in the Massive Smile Chorus for that!~ (A VTOAHMKEARH)
I knowww! :3
No way!

f9Qcky7.png

Not exactly. It certainly feels different than when I first joined the community but it's not lost. It just changed. I'm focusing more on the community and fanmade content during the summer and getting to know some of the more popular people.I still very much enjoy the show and the brony community, it's just that my focus has shifted. I'm sure the magic will return once more when season 3 comes rolling around.

G A Y   A S   H E C K