Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

It sucks that season 3 is now confirmed to not be coming out in august :(.

I have recenty converted to "bronism"(word?) I do not know much but plan to learn more about the series.
Welcome to the herd then! Wow, I've never said that before. Anyway, just watch all the episodes, go to Site with forums removed. -B6 for pretty awesome community made stuff and news and have fun. You should pick up on a lot of brony in-jokes by yourself. I learnt a lot of them before I even saw the show while researching whether it was worth my time or not. I think the MLP: FiM category on know your meme was pretty useful if memory serves me correctly. Edited by Black Six

I have recenty converted to "bronism"(word?) I do not know much but plan to learn more about the series.
Welcome to the herd then! Wow, I've never said that before. Anyway, just watch all the episodes, go to Site with forums removed. -B6 for pretty awesome community made stuff and news and have fun. You should pick up on a lot of brony in-jokes by yourself. I learnt a lot of them before I even saw the show while researching whether it was worth my time or not. I think the MLP: FiM category on know your meme was pretty useful if memory serves me correctly.
I will be sure to watch the episodes or just read there info on the MLP wiki,sadly they do not appear on television in my area, but ill probably just watch em on <insert video sharing site here> Edited by Black Six

Welcome to the herd then! Wow, I've never said that before. Anyway, just watch all the episodes, go to Site with forums removed. -B6 for pretty awesome community made stuff and news and have fun. You should pick up on a lot of brony in-jokes by yourself. I learnt a lot of them before I even saw the show while researching whether it was worth my time or not. I think the MLP: FiM category on know your meme was pretty useful if memory serves me correctly.
I will be sure to watch the episodes or just read there info on the MLP wiki,sadly they do not appear on television in my area, but ill probably just watch em on <insert video sharing site here>
Yeah you'll find dozens of every individual episode on that one popular video sharing site. Hasbro doesn't take the episodes down which is useful for people like me who live in places like Australia were the TV networks are both terrible and have never heard of the show. It's also useful if you want to watch them easily rather then waiting for every saturday. I'd definitely recommend watching every one of them rather then just reading there descriptions as they really are excellent. Edited by Black Six

I will be sure to watch the episodes or just read there info on the MLP wiki,sadly they do not appear on television in my area, but ill probably just watch em on <insert video sharing site here>
Yeah you'll find dozens of every individual episode on that one popular video sharing site. Hasbro doesn't take the episodes down which is useful for people like me who live in places like Australia were the TV networks are both terrible and have never heard of the show. It's also useful if you want to watch them easily rather then waiting for every saturday. I'd definitely recommend watching every one of them rather then just reading there descriptions as they really are excellent.
I Also Live In Australia! Edited by Black Six

Yeah you'll find dozens of every individual episode on that one popular video sharing site. Hasbro doesn't take the episodes down which is useful for people like me who live in places like Australia were the TV networks are both terrible and have never heard of the show. It's also useful if you want to watch them easily rather then waiting for every saturday. I'd definitely recommend watching every one of them rather then just reading there descriptions as they really are excellent.
I Also Live In Australia!
Oh cool, where? Edited by Black Six

Oh cool, where?
victoria Edited by Black Six

Oh cool, where?
victoria
Cool, I live in queensland. It must be freezing down there. Have fun watching the show whenever you decide too though. Edited by Black Six

It's kind of odd that we don't get The Hub, but even if we did i don't think it would make all that much difference to the size of the Australian fanbase, since not as many people here have Pay TV as in the USA.

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Oh cool, everyone's australian! Anyway, like you said, not as many people get pay TV here, so that is most likely why we don't get the hub. I doubt it would be picked up by any of the free to view stations as I think ten is the station that gets hasbro cartoons and last time I watched they don't show 'girly' cartoons. That was 4 years ago though, so I don't know. I wouldn't want the show associated with ten anyway.

Edited by High Voltage

Ten doesn't really do the morning cartoons any more- they're all over on the digital-only channels. A couple of networks have started showing "girls shows" on one channel, and "boys shows" on another at the same time. While I don't think that kind of segregation is preferable, it does mean that they can run more girl-orientated content without worrying about losing male viewers. So, maybe it will happen eventually, but even if it does it will be a long way behind The Hub.I read somewhere that the Australian version of Cartoon Network shows MLP. Can anyone confirm/deny?

3DS Friend Code: 0018-0767-4231

Oh cool, everyone's australian! Anyway, like you said, not as many people get pay TV here, so that is most likely why we don't get the hub. I doubt it would be picked up by any of the free to view stations as I think ten is the station that gets hasbro cartoons and last time I watched they don't show 'girly' cartoons. That was 4 years ago though, so I don't know. I wouldn't want the show associated with ten anyway.
I think one of my friends said its on a certain channel because he thought he saw his sister watching it Not on pay
Ten doesn't really do the morning cartoons any more- they're all over on the digital-only channels. A couple of networks have started showing "girls shows" on one channel, and "boys shows" on another at the same time. While I don't think that kind of segregation is preferable, it does mean that they can run more girl-orientated content without worrying about losing male viewers. So, maybe it will happen eventually, but even if it does it will be a long way behind The Hub.I read somewhere that the Australian version of Cartoon Network shows MLP. Can anyone confirm/deny?
Actually its on bomerang Edited by Mata Prime

Ok, So going through some of the earlier posts in the topic, i started to Think that i had only joined up here because of the incredibly large fanbase. And then a thought hit me "I dont want to be part something i don't feel passionate about!"But then I Watched the pilot , Part 1 and 2MINDBLOWNponies.pngAnd thus I was introduced to the mane 6 (note this is in apearance order not speaking role)First was Twilight Sparkle ; the obvious star of the show, who I embraced with all my heart.She was made even more awesome when i found out her voice actor was the voice to Ben TennysonNext was PinkyPie ; who I quickly discovered was the comic reliefAfter that was AppleJack; who with her family of apple named family made me smileThen it was onto Rarity; who i was quick to judge for her snootyness, but soon discovered she was a vital roleSecond to last was Rainbow Dash ; who with her can do attitude made her quickly became my faveAnd then finally was Fluttershy ; who made me melt to my seatAs the show progressed I learned of the magic of Friendship and it's ImportanceAnd now i can official say I'm part of the herd

Edited by Mata Prime

the obvious star of the show
Season Two is going to surprise you. She moves out of the spotlight, to make room for other characters to get more of "their own" episodes. (This trend, of course, begins in the first season, but it's most pronounced in Season Two).~ BioGio

"You're a scientist? The proposal you make violates parsimony; it introduces extra unknowns without proof for them. One might as well say unicorns power it."

As the show progressed I learned of the magic of Friendship and it's ImportanceAnd now i can official say I'm part of the herd
Yeah, the show will do that to you. It even better as well.
So, before S3 starts...Which of the two has been your favorite season?
Season 2. Not that season 1 wasn't good, I just though season 2 was better.
I liked season 1 better, but season 2 had the amazing wedding and Rarity episodes. :P So just barely season 1.
You heard it hear first folks, rarity episodes can not win over Rarity.Actually, now that the season finale bias has well and truely died down and we're on the topic of favourites, I'd like to ask what everyone's favourite episodes of each season are. Mine are stare master for S1 and hurricane fluttershy for S2. Edited by High Voltage

Yeah bro, welcome to the cult.Watch all the episodes! d:
dont you mean "colt"?Anyway i just watched episodes 3-6,I Was introduced to a few new people and some meanies.Personally I found episode 5 and 6 much more enjoyable than 3 and 4 which i did not enjoy as much as I thought I would,but thats just me.ponies_2.pngThe Pony Bunchponies_3.pngI Have a strang feeling about this bunny....PONIES.BEST.DECISION.OF.MY.LIFE Edited by Mata Prime

I think Season 1 is still my favorite. I loved both, but S1 edges ahead due to the way the Gala arc made it feel like the whole season was working toward something. Season 2 was also good, but it lacked that sense of purpose.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I think Season 1 is still my favorite. I loved both, but S1 edges ahead due to the way the Gala arc made it feel like the whole season was working toward something. Season 2 was also good, but it lacked that sense of purpose.
I seem to remember them saying S2 would have more bad guys, more adventure episodes, and more 2-parters. Technically, the first and third one got by with the season premiere and finale, but having just one more of each doesn't quite count for me. And I suppose there were adventure episodes (Last Roundup struck me as one), but they didn't seem to stand out enough as such.Obviously, this show is never going to go as far as some of the fan fiction when it comes to bad guys and adventure (*cough*falloutequestria*cough*), but it could be hoped for to see a bit more this next season.

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

As the show progressed I learned of the magic of Friendship and it's ImportanceAnd now i can official say I'm part of the herd
Yeah, the show will do that to you. It even better as well.
Season 2. Not that season 1 wasn't good, I just though season 2 was better.
I liked season 1 better, but season 2 had the amazing wedding and Rarity episodes. :P So just barely season 1.
You heard it hear first folks, rarity episodes can not win over Rarity.Actually, now that the season finale bias has well and truely died down and we're on the topic of favourites, I'd like to ask what everyone's favourite episodes of each season are. Mine are stare master for S1 and hurricane fluttershy for S2.
Or do they? We had some Rarity episodes in S1. :P

I kinda hope that means that season 4 will start 6 months after season 3 starts, lol. (IF season 4 will have 13 episodes as well.)It would save everypony from a long wait. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

So, season three was confirmed to only have 13 episodes. I'm a bit sad about it, but maybe this means the quality will get even better, or maybe there will be less wait between seasons.
Hopefully that's what this means. Worst-case scenario; the series ends here, since 13 episodes will round the series out to 65 episodes altogether, which is generally the minimum number a series needs to be put into syndication. Many, many cartoons are ended when they reach that number.Of course, our source for this info suggests that the series isn't done yet, so even if there is no season 4 we could potentially see more related content. Perhaps a feature-length movie, which would technically also be a good reason for a shorter season even if the series is to continue, considering they'd want to shift most of their manpower to such a large project. Or perhaps a sequel series in the same universe we've come to know and love, focusing either on younger ponies we've already met (like the Cutie Mark Crusaders) or on an entirely new group of ponies.In any case, I'm sure Hasbro isn't in any rush to lose the unexpected audience they've been blessed with. So we bronies should just be patient and see what cards we're dealt.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm a bit annoyed that someone of the tumblrpon community has been spreading rumours that season 3 starts tomorrow and even more annoyed that people are falling for it. Seriously, why would they believe such an unreliable source when The Hub themselves stated they would announce four weeks in advanced when season 3 will start. Why must people be so gullible!?In other pony related news, it's possible the Spa Twins will be getting toys. Only rumours right now, but I would like to see more background ponies like them getting made into toys. I mean, we're already getting a Vinyl Scratch toy and she's had even less screen time than the Spa Twins, so why not get them out too.

UnsuspectingButts.thumb.png.2a71dabd3565a645b7127215b282d46b.png