Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

Honestly, the concept is just tired now. Ooh, this person's evil. Oooooh, she wants to take over everything. Ooooooooh, this same idea has been pushed for two years with no basis in anything.The occasional "to the moon" joke might be amusing here and there, but the whole "tyrant Celestia" thing has just been driven into the ground so far it's about to come out the other side.
Perhaps I don't hang around the right parts of the fandom, but as far as I can tell the idea that Celestia is a tyrant is just a fringe belief. So, really no worse than the attitudes people have about real-life world leaders. Some people just like to look for ulterior motives in everything; you can't expect bronies to be immune.
There just seems to be an obsession with making her the bad one. The whole "New Lunar Republic" Luna-worship nonsense. How unjustifiable it was to lock NMM away. Blah blah blah.It's like crazy murderous Pinkie. The bandwagon's already gone, stop trying to jump on it.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Wait, people take NLR, Trollestia and Pinkamena seriously? I thought those were just silly jokes.
Well, I think it depends on the part of the fandom. A bunch of musicians use NLR as inspiration, while fanfic writers seem to only mention it as a kind of sly inside joke. Kinda the same thing with Pinkamena, although she tends to get toned down a little bit. Animators and comic artists are probably the biggest propagators of the Trollestia thing, since it's an easy way to get laughs. :rolleyes:

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Wait, people take NLR, Trollestia and Pinkamena seriously? I thought those were just silly jokes.
I still like Pinkamena. Sure it's grimdark and needlessly aggressive but there was that one blog that made her a really enjoyable character. It's gone now. Given the content that's probably for the best. However, the memories will live on. Oh, and new episode...Yeah, it was okay. I don't really like episodes about bullying as they always bring a gut feeling of dread and there's always times when I would wish the characters would just do something else. It was fun though and the song was great.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

I actually really liked the song. The visuals were creative and engaging, and it was nice to hear Scootaloo's new singing voice. Although, does that mean that "Show Stoppers" has been officially retconned? Or is it just puberty? :PAlso, did anyone else notice Sweetie's first magic glow? It would be interesting to see her magic slowly progress throughout Season 3. I doubt that the writers would actually develop a minor detail like that, but it would add interest and continuity to the series.

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

So has anyone here given Littlest Pet Shop a chance? I just watched Episode 1 (which is, like MLP's pilot, part one of a two-parter). I think any brony will like it for the same reasons he or she likes MLP: quality animation, distinctive characters, and a good balance between slapstick and realism.As an added bonus, Blythe Baxter (who, voiced by Ashleigh Ball, sounds exactly like Rainbow Dash) sings for a few seconds (Daniel Ingram's on the show too, btw). I felt obligated as a brony to at least give it a shot. To not watch it because Littlest Pet Shop it known as a girly toy line would be the ultimate hypocrisy against what bronies stand for.I still think MLP is better, and I was more taken by the MLP pilot than this one, but it's still worth watching. I'm watching Episode 2 now.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

So has anyone here given Littlest Pet Shop a chance? I just watched Episode 1 (which is, like MLP's pilot, part one of a two-parter). I think any brony will like it for the same reasons he or she likes MLP: quality animation, distinctive characters, and a good balance between slapstick and realism.As an added bonus, Blythe Baxter (who, voiced by Ashleigh Ball, sounds exactly like Rainbow Dash) sings for a few seconds (Daniel Ingram's on the show too, btw). I felt obligated as a brony to at least give it a shot. To not watch it because Littlest Pet Shop it known as a girly toy line would be the ultimate hypocrisy against what bronies stand for.I still think MLP is better, and I was more taken by the MLP pilot than this one, but it's still worth watching. I'm watching Episode 2 now.
I will be checking it out in any case. :P

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Well, I tried Littlest Pet Shop, and I have to admit that it had some good laughs. I was surprised to see that Blythe actually had an interesting personality, rather than being a sort of self-insertion template for viewers. However, I think that the introduction song was a little corny and would have been better off as dialogue. Also, some of the pets are a little one-dimensional. The only thing the mongoose does is blow stuff up. Really?

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

I really like the new episode, I feel that they've really stepped up the animation since season 2 and the songs are always amazing!(Figure this would be an appropriate topic to post after what has felt like 2 years...)

"One likes to believe in the freedom of music,
but glittering prizes and endless compromises shatter the illusion of integrity." - Rush

rush_logo.gif

I saw it when I went to a meetup two weeks ago for the pony premiere. And I have to say it was decent. It helps that it's incredibly self-aware (perhaps even more so than MLP:FiM). But I don't like the art style very much, and overall it doesn't quite have the same charm MLP has. So I might watch it if I have nothing better to do than watch TV and it comes on, but I doubt I'll follow it religiously the way I do for MLP.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I don't look into the rounds of the fandom closely, so can anyone tell me if the wait for next week's episode involving

Trixie's return

is going to remind you of the anticipation that surrounded Luna's return in last year's Halloween special?

Your Honor, I Plead the Fifth.

I really need to handle my signature problems better.

Not sure how others would react to this, but...

I don't know about you guys but I half expected Trixie to return, but with a changed attitude, possibly with the Mane 6 suspicious but she then later proves herself to them that she has changed. Granted, the odds of her coming back for petty revenge were high too. I do wonder if they may have a mix of both ideas in store. After all, who is to say that she really has changed, but is being corrupted against her will by the artifact she is wearing?

tl:dr version258rz7l.jpgThoughts?EDIT: Now it is REDACTED, Problem Solved :D.

Edited by Samhain

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

I just got the crystal princess pony set. (The one with all three princesses) So I wondered if you all could share some opinions about the set. Also, what do you think caused Luna's mane to change?
I figure it was just a case of her power being depleted by Nightmare Moon/the Elements of Harmony. It probably went back to being flowy after a good long rest.But on the subject of Luna and toys, I'm still waiting on a decent Luna figure. She's dark blue, not purple, but so far not a single toy has gotten it right. I could always customize one, but then again that's what I said about the pink Celestia I got, and here I am half a year later with my Celestia still unchanged and a white one on the horizon. >:(

I didn‘t realise how many toys they were.And that non-little girl people bought them.Man, I am behind.
Oh, yeah. Typically I restrict my purchases to the Playful Ponies scale toys (standard size with brushable manes). But a lot of people collect the blind bag scale ones, which are probably cheaper per pony. The reason I get the brushables is that until recently the blind bags had very few characters who weren't palette swaps of the Mane Six (or rather, the Mane Six minus Fluttershy, since embarrassingly she's just a Rainbow Dash palette swap). The brushables can usually at least be customized to resemble the official characters. But since I started collecting, "miniature collections" have been released that include quite show-accurate and distinctive character designs, including Granny Smith with her walker, Gilda the griffon, and a member of the Wonderbolts, among many others. So overall I'm sure those are probably what a lot of bronies will end up collecting from here on out.Currently, I have 14 brushable ponies and Spike. I really wish I had some pony merch that was easier to carry around and/or wear, though. I came close to buying a T-shirt when there was a Black Friday sale last week, but decided there weren't any I loved quite enough to pay a high price for online-- even if some of them were by Jiayi, a talented pony and BIONICLE artist who is unfortunately no longer active here on BZPower.

I have both kinds of toys and I have to say that the little Fluttershy's mane is really disappointing. I have this one set that had the mane 6 and the following: Gardinia Glow, Beachberry, Sky Wishes, Sweet Song, Peachy Pie, and Coconut Creme. The cards that came with it were kind of bleah. They even put this sappy expression on Rainbow Dash's face on her card.

So last night my brother and I picked up MLP#1 at our local comic book store. We actually got two copies; one standard Twilight Sparkle variant for us (because best pony), and the Jill Thompson subscription variant cover. The latter is probably going to be a Christmas gift to our uncle, who's a fan of Jill Thompson, especially her work on The Sandman. He's not a brony yet, but seeing as he's a huge nerd and has a ten-month-old daughter, I figure it's only a matter of time. And I really want to kickstart that so I can get him a Doctor Whooves shirt at some point (since he's pretty much the biggest Who fan I know).But anyway, the comic is great and I can't wait to see more.

I met my first fellow brony at school today (she's against the term "pegasister"). She's going to introduce me to the rest of my school's bronies tomorrow. Had my first real-life brohoof. :)

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

So last night my brother and I picked up MLP#1 at our local comic book store. We actually got two copies; one standard Twilight Sparkle variant for us (because best pony), and the {REDACTED}. The latter is probably going to be a Christmas gift to {REDACTED}.But anyway, the comic is great and I can't wait to see more.

Whoa whoa whoa, watch what you say bro! {REDACTED} has eyes EVERYWHERE!But yeah, pony comic was fun. Popular background ponies were featured, but naturally they mostly kept the background. Characterization was pretty spot-on. I have a slight feeling that Twilight figured out what was going on a bit more quickly than she should have in the TV show's style of storytelling, but obviously a comic doesn't really have room to feature the same amount of story as an episode without messing up the pace, and so they had to get the exposition for the four-part arc out of the way in the first issue while still leaving plenty of time for action.

Some great moments were Twilight getting a form letter from Princess Celestia (the emergency the princess is attending to will probably become very relevant in future issues), Rainbow's strategy for helping Rarity to take out the changelings, and Scootaloo's self-aware comment about Chrysalis. Derpy's scene was pretty great in general, but the best instance of background ponies actually appearing in the background was definitely Wild Fire and Lucky after the Mane Six freed the citizens of Ponyville. Didn't expect to see those two!

Looking forward to issue 2!EDIT: My quote box won't work for some reason. Not sure why exactly...

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Issue #1. I still haven't read it... Or bought it. I didn't see it when I checked Wednesday. :( So, what are everyone's expectations for tomorrow's episode?

I don't really know what to expect other than what I've inferred from comments on the preview clips (which I haven't watched myself) or seen in pics (which haven't revealed too much that I know how to interpret).

I did see one pic with Zecora seemingly refereeing a fight between Twi and Trixie, which is excellent, because, you know, stripes!

I can tell you what I'm not expecting, and that's shipping. Because what I've heard about the episode sounds nothing like any of the Twixie comics I've read, and while I'm sure Twixie shippers will find a way to interpret the episode so it favors their ship no matter how things turn out, overall I don't think Trixie's personality will have changed too much in this episode, though perhaps it will have by the end.

I'm also not expecting King Sombra to have any involvement whatsoever. I think the "hints" people have picked up on are extremely tenuous (a red-and-black unicorn necklace seems to me like a somewhat generic evil magical artifact), and it seems like it'd be odd to tie this to not one but two previous one-shot characters, whether or not Sombra is intended to return at any point. A'course, could be I'm wrong and everyone else is right. Who knows?

I kind of hope it is Sombra, since he didn't really get developed in the premier

Is it weird if I love the Russian version of At the Gala more than the English? :P Russian Fluttershy has a better singing voice.

Edited by Rarity

Let me tell you guys a story. Once upon a time there was a certain web series named Teens React To..., and they did a My Little Pony episode. Needless to say the reaction from most of the teens there was negative. But why am I telling you this? Because a very special group of bronies disagreed with them...

Edited by -Windrider-

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.