Official My Little Pony topic

~Allegretto~

These leaks are annoying. I watch new episodes together with a friend each Saturday, and even were I to watch them alone I would wait till the weekend so that the waiting time between new episodes remains equally long. Now every time a leak happens I have to avoid Brony-sites for a few days to not get spoilered (at least we got spoiler tags here!)

Those minute-long clips are annoying enough already, and commercials during ad breaks on the hub sometimes spoil scenes from future episodes. The hub should get its thing together regarding new material.

So does that mean Fighting is Magic could be gone too?

Wow, I never considered that. I really hope not. Still, there have been a lot of fan games (along with other media) that have been successfully released. It might have just been the sheer size of MLP Online. To be honest, I'm a bit hazy on what the law covers as 'shutdownable'.

Yeah, apparently they are only obligated to oppose "counterfeit" products that are already in the "market", although it's still baffling how a real-world company could be threatened by a fan-made, nfp project. The Fighting is Magic team has already said that they do not plan to release the game until it is mostly complete, so hopefully we'll still get a working version even if Hasbro decides to prosecute it.

But they could be threatened by it. Like I said, they are legally obliged to shut it down once it comes to light or else they forfeit the rights to the franchise. That is a bad thing from the perspective of both fans and Hasbro.

Also, as for the image that has been floating around, it is worth noting that the guy that posted it had no previous posts and Derpy has been just about everywhere in the comics, so the thing about phasing her out doesn't add up in the slightest.

@Rarity (Because quoting is dumb now):

I guess shows edit it in before airing. It's not something you think about, is it?

Edited by High Voltage

Again, I think the law is that they can make the game so long as they are not making money off of it without the holder's (Hasbro's) permission.

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6875054336/hE9457D8B/]Oh and here is an excellent rebuttal to all this "derpy and twilight" talk.[/url]

Divinator of Dreams.
4hcuu9.jpg
This Is Proud Stigma.

GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS New episode got leaked! :D

This episode.... Sucked. And when did Cloudsdale get ground, and did Spitfire not remember RD saved her before?

The Wonderbolts Academy isn't in of Cloudsdale, unless I'm mistaken.Also, I think Spitfire's portrayal was in-character. This job clearly doesn't seem to be something she does for the thrill-- I imagine it's the kind of thing Wonderbolts do in their off-season. And she'd be a poor instructor if she showed favoritism based on something that happened outside the context of the academy. If she's gonna be super-tough in her instructional method, she's gotta be that way for everypony, even if deep down she does think they have more potential than they've shown within the training exercises.Overall, this episode was pretty great, IMO. Not a stunner the way the previous couple episodes had been, but still very fun and exciting, and at times heart-wrenching.

This episode.... Sucked. And when did Cloudsdale get ground, and did Spitfire not remember RD saved her before?

The Wonderbolts Academy isn't in of Cloudsdale, unless I'm mistaken.Also, I think Spitfire's portrayal was in-character. This job clearly doesn't seem to be something she does for the thrill-- I imagine it's the kind of thing Wonderbolts do in their off-season. And she'd be a poor instructor if she showed favoritism based on something that happened outside the context of the academy. If she's gonna be super-tough in her instructional method, she's gotta be that way for everypony, even if deep down she does think they have more potential than they've shown within the training exercises.Overall, this episode was pretty great, IMO. Not a stunner the way the previous couple episodes had been, but still very fun and exciting, and at times heart-wrenching.

Oh... I always assumed it was in Cloudsdale.

So far in S3, Pinkie has been more annoying than ever, Rarity's personality seems to be worsening, and we haven't seen much of Fluttershy.

Oh... I always assumed it was in Cloudsdale.

So far in S3, Pinkie has been more annoying than ever, Rarity's personality seems to be worsening, and we haven't seen much of Fluttershy.

Haven't seen much of her? What about her integral role in "Magic Duel"?Not quite sure where you're seeing any personality problems with Rarity, either. So far she's been portrayed pretty consistently with her previous portrayals, IMO.

I loved this episode, and it's my favourite in the season so far. It was funny, had superb pacing (seriously, I cannot stress how perfect this pacing was) and tugged heavily at my heartstrings (no pun intended) at times. The only thing I didn't like was how Spitfire didn't acknowledge Dash even a little despite meeting her multiple times. Also, I hope we see more Lightning Dust. She's like Trixie, but better.

Edited by High Voltage

Justine Pulles, who works on FiM, had a little giveaway on Twitter and other assorted sites.

I won! :3

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

The only thing I didn't like was how Spitfire didn't acknowledge Dash even a little despite meeting her multiple times.

I believe that was intentional. Spitfire needs to remain professional and has to treat all cadets the same way. She cannot pull favourites and treat Dash differently just because she saved her life and pulled off a few sonic rainbooms, or she might discourage the other cadets or turn them against Dash. Mentioning that Spitfire knew her would have been too much already.

But I think the writers had that in mind when writing the episode. When Dash responds to Spitfire's taunt that she would leave after a day, Spitfire smiled when Dash asserted that she would never leave. That's exactly the answer she expected from someone like Dash, even if she couldn't tell the other cadets.

Also, did anyone else notice that, attitude aside, Ligthning Dust was actually a better flyer than Rainbow was?

Edited by Coob

Won what?

----

A blind bag pony, a pack of MLP trading cards, a TGAP TRIXIE button and a handmade christmas card. :3

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

The only thing I didn't like was how Spitfire didn't acknowledge Dash even a little despite meeting her multiple times.

I believe that was intentional. Spitfire needs to remain professional and has to treat all cadets the same way. She cannot pull favourites and treat Dash differently just because she saved her life and pulled off a few sonic rainbooms, or she might discourage the other cadets or turn them against Dash. Mentioning that Spitfire knew her would have been too much already.

But I think the writers had that in mind when writing the episode. When Dash responds to Spitfire's taunt that she would leave after a day, Spitfire smiled when Dash asserted that she would never leave. That's exactly the answer she expected from someone like Dash, even if she couldn't tell the other cadets.

Yeah, I think you're right. Don't get me wrong though, I wasn't saying that she should be treated differently (I would have most likely complained about that if it happened), it was just that I originally thought a little nod would have been nice. But yeah, judging by the rest of how we saw Spitfire act on-duty, it's very understandable and more in character.

So that brings my total number of complaints down to 0, and actually turns the complaint into a positive. This was such an awesome episode ^_^ .

Edited by High Voltage

I think we actually saw a lot of growth from Dash in this episode. The contrast between her and Lightning Dust showed that, even though Dash is the most reckless of the Mane 6, she can recognize her limits and the consequences of her actions. Also, the scene where she was willing to relinquish her dream to keep her friends safe was very potent emotionally. It kind of reminded me of the scene with the Shadowbolts, and it's a nice way to bring Dash back to her roots.

As High Voltage mentioned, Lightning Dust does seem to be Rainbow Dash's equivalent of Trixie. I hope she appears again, possibly as a competitor in a race or flight show. :)

@Rarity: Could you elaborate on that a bit, perhaps give some examples of how Pinkie and Rarity's personalities have changed this season?

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

So rumor has it we're getting an Applejack song in this week's episode. Should be interesting. I'm hoping for it to be the sort of universally applicable song like "Becoming Popular" or "The Smile Song", as opposed to situational songs like "The Flim Flam Brothers" or "Find a Pet".

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Pinkie's personality hasn't changed at all, nether has Rarity's.Honestly, this whole season seams to be the focusing on the original goals of the mane six from season 1, so far, Twilight is more focused on her studies, and Dash is now training with the wonder bolts and could potientially become one.But...wait...How long exactly is Rainbow Dash gonna be gone for? Anyway, I don't personally like how they gave the person who voiced Nya the part of Spitfire, it doesn't really fit IMO, especially as a drill Seargent.

"Literature adds to reality, it does not simply describe it. It enriches the necessary competencies that daily life requires and provides; and in this respect, it irrigates the deserts that our lives have already become,"-C.S. Lewis

Pinkie's personality hasn't changed at all, nether has Rarity's.Honestly, this whole season seams to be the focusing on the original goals of the mane six from season 1, so far, Twilight is more focused on her studies, and Dash is now training with the wonder bolts and could potientially become one.But...wait...How long exactly is Rainbow Dash gonna be gone for?Anyway, I don't personally like how they gave the person who voiced Nya the part of Spitfire, it doesn't really fit IMO, especially as a drill Seargent.

For the record, she's been the voice of Spitfire since "The Best Night Ever", without exception. In other words, she's been Spitfire since the character was first credited as "Spitfire" in the script. She deliberately gave on-duty Spitfire a different tone as a rigorous, unwavering drill sergeant than she had when off-duty. And personally, I think it works, though if Hero Factory has taught me anything it's that people have some irrational aversion to taking characters with high-pitched voices seriously.I was tickled when I learned that Nya and Spitfire have the same voice actress. Ironic that both Nya and Spitfire have "emblems" (cutie marks, whatever) that depict flames stylized in the shape of a phoenix. Almost certainly a coincidence, but I can't shake the feeling that there's the potential for a comic in that somehow. If only I had talent when it comes to writing jokes... Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Finally! An Applejack song, and even better, it's a square dance!

I find it interesting that Aunt and Uncle Orange didn't appear during the main portion of the episode, yet were still in the family photo. It makes sense that they wouldn't enjoy getting their hooves dirty, although I wonder what they were doing all that time. Too bad we didn't get confirmation of Babs being their daughter, although I suppose that's pretty much fanon at this point. For that matter, is this pretty much confirmation that Big Mac, Applejack, and Applebloom's parents are dead? :huh:

Also, I was impressed how, despite featuring several new and old characters, Cindy Morrow managed to keep the episode mostly focused on Applejack. I suppose that was accomplished by minimizing the roles that the Mane 6 played in the episode.

Edited by Keizah the Kaleidoscope

steven-giantwoman-b.gif

[æzɚæθ mɛtriɔn zɪnθos]

Finally! An Applejack song, and even better, it's a square dance!

I find it interesting that Aunt and Uncle Orange didn't appear during the main portion of the episode, yet were still in the family photo. It makes sense that they wouldn't enjoy getting their hooves dirty, although I wonder what they were doing all that time. Too bad we didn't get confirmation of Babs being their daughter, although I suppose that's pretty much fanon at this point. For that matter, is this pretty much confirmation that Big Mac, Applejack, and Applebloom's parents are dead? :huh:

Also, I was impressed how, despite featuring several new and old characters, Cindy Morrow managed to keep the episode mostly focused on Applejack. I suppose that was accomplished by minimizing the roles that the Mane 6 played in the episode.

The pair of falling stars could be seen as symbolism that AB, BM and AJ's parents are indeed dead. We'll have to wait for confirmation about that.

Raise this barn

Raise this barn

One, two, three, four

f9Qcky7.png

Have the Apple's ever considered moving that bloody barn? It falls down more often than a pony overdosing on the salt.

Gotta say, I really enjoyed this episode. While most people would call certain elements "pandering", what it is in reality is continuity and I've really enjoyed it. Seeing Babs Seed again was a really nice touch, so close after her first and way less cheerful appearance. I also couldn't help but notice Braeburn skulking around in the background quite a bit. I swear the developers threw in that one scene where he walks the entire way across the frame holding the plate of fritters just so nobody could complain they didn't see him.

So instead I'm going to complain they didn't give him any lines. Why no lines, writers? Clearly this episode has been ruined and it's all your fault.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

Have the Apple's ever considered moving that bloody barn? It falls down more often than a pony overdosing on the salt.

Gotta say, I really enjoyed this episode. While most people would call certain elements "pandering", what it is in reality is continuity and I've really enjoyed it. Seeing Babs Seed again was a really nice touch, so close after her first and way less cheerful appearance. I also couldn't help but notice Braeburn skulking around in the background quite a bit. I swear the developers threw in that one scene where he walks the entire way across the frame holding the plate of fritters just so nobody could complain they didn't see him.

So instead I'm going to complain they didn't give him any lines. Why no lines, writers? Clearly this episode has been ruined and it's all your fault.

Oh my God I was literally saying the same thing about like all of this. They need to reinforce that barn with steel plating or something.

Also I really like how Babs came back in this episode, but Braeburn having lines would have been even better. I kinda understand he doesn't have much of a reason to, plus AJ running around and being too busy to talk, but I still kinda feel like he's been shoved into background character status now.

19704_s.gif

THE LETTERS ARE BACK!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYyay

Big Mac needed more lines, and if it's been 100 moons since the last reunion.... wha?

Oh, and the song was great.

All in all... I loved the episode and it was amazing!!!

Oh, and how long till we get the Granny ship fics?

Edited by Rarity

THE LETTERS ARE BACK!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYyay Big Mac needed more lines, and if it's been 100 moons since the last reunion.... wha?Oh, and the song was great.All in all... I loved the episode and it was amazing!!!

100 moons = 100 months = about 8 or 9 years. Unless MLP uses "moons" to mean some different sort of time increment. Typically, though, that's fantasy shorthand for months.

Also not sure what you mean by Granny Smith ship fics. The only shipping fuel she had in this episode was her playful conversations with members of her own family, and while fics could emerge based on those I don't really want to think about that. Better just to take those scenes at face value.Also, I've read confirmation that the shooting stars represent Applejack's parents. Which means her parents are indeed dead, unless you prefer the more lighthearted interpretation I've seen on some sites, which is that her parents are space cadets. :P

Anyway, great episode, great song, great lesson. Applejack is best apple flavored pony.

THE LETTERS ARE BACK!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYyay Big Mac needed more lines, and if it's been 100 moons since the last reunion.... wha?Oh, and the song was great.All in all... I loved the episode and it was amazing!!!

100 moons = 100 months = about 8 or 9 years. Unless MLP uses "moons" to mean some different sort of time increment. Typically, though, that's fantasy shorthand for months.

Also not sure what you mean by Granny Smith ship fics. The only shipping fuel she had in this episode was her playful conversations with members of her own family, and while fics could emerge based on those I don't really want to think about that. Better just to take those scenes at face value.Also, I've read confirmation that the shooting stars represent Applejack's parents. Which means her parents are indeed dead, unless you prefer the more lighthearted interpretation I've seen on some sites, which is that her parents are space cadets. :P

Anyway, great episode, great song, great lesson. Applejack is best apple flavored pony.

I know what the moons meant, what I meant was if it's been that long, why is AB still a filly? Wasn't there one in the first episode?

There was confirmation?

Since you all probably follow these things a lot closer than I do: At the end of the episode "Hearth's Warming Eve", a flag is shown with two alicorns on it. Was it ever confirmed by the show creators who the characters on that flag represented? Their color schemes make me question if they're supposed to represent Luna/Celestia, or another pair.

BZPRPG

It's been confirmed by Sibsy alright, poor Applejack, Apple Bloom and Big Macintosh. :(

I don't think there was ever any confirmationon that, Vorahk. :)

f9Qcky7.png

It's been confirmed by Sibsy alright, poor Applejack, Apple Bloom and Big Macintosh. :(

I don't think there was ever any confirmationon that, Vorahk. :)

Well to make you even sadder...

It might of scarred Big Mac for life, which is why he doesn't talk much

Well to make you even sadder...

It might of scarred Big Mac for life, which is why he doesn't talk much

Eeyup. And why Applejack is always working her flank off. And why she punished herself so hard in the Last Roundup. And why the Apples were so especially heartbroken when she mailed them with the message that she wouldn't return (at least for a bit).

It all makes sense now. lol.

Edited by Valenti

f9Qcky7.png

Concerning the discussion about the length of 100 moons, let us not forget that the moon in Equestria is controlled by a magic flying inception-horse, so the length of a month there does not have to be the same length as here on Earth.

Edited by Coob

^ 100 days is an awfully short increment to hold reunions. The episode made it sound more like an event that takes place only ever-so-often.

Yeah, but it's not like the characters in this show are known for their ability to react to situations normally, a la Party of One, Lesson Zero and even The Last Roundup.

Wasn't the gathering in episode 1 just to make the food for the Summer Sun Celebration? I imagine they'd want a good amount of help with that.

Actually, it's probably this. That didn't seem to be an actual meetup compared to the stories Granny Smith told so it was probably just an informal get-together.

LzcD9OS.png

I wrote stories once. They were okay.

"Wasn't the gathering in episode 1 just to make the food for the Summer Sun Celebration? I imagine they'd want a good amount of help with that."

Applejack actually says specifically in "Applebuck Season" that "they were just here for the Apple Family reunion."

So, yeah, assuming the writers are trying to be consistent (doubtful) 100 moons = whatever time has elapsed between now and Twilight's arrival... which I doubt is 8 years. But it's a kids' show- who needs continuity!

"Concerning the discussion about the length of 100 moons, let us not forget that the moon in Equestria is controlled by a magic flying inception-horse, so the length of a month there does not have to be the same length as here on Earth."

This is probably the right way to think about it.

Edited by Vorahk1Panrahk2
BZPRPG