Are all Bionicle G2 Artbooks signed?

jchavoya

I recently bought a g2 Artbook from a seller off bricklink. However the only suspicious thing to me, is that it is numbered (65/100 with an SL next to it), but it is not signed by the Bionicle team. Is this still possibly real, or is it likely a knockoff? Thank you for any help.

• Upvote 1

I've never seen an artbook, so I can't speak to whether or not it's real. A (quite incomplete!) list of who won which artbook is available here. Unfortunately #65 is not accounted for on that list. That said, from the list it's clear that if your book is a legitimate copy, the seller didn't win it from BS01 or BZPower.

I've never seen an artbook, so I can't speak to whether or not it's real. A (quite incomplete!) list of who won which artbook is available here. Unfortunately #65 is not accounted for on that list. That said, from the list it's clear that if your book is a legitimate copy, the seller didn't win it from BS01 or BZPower.

This is the first one I've seen one in person too. It looks real to me, and looks exactly like other copies I've seen in photos (except for the signatures). I really hope it is real, but I don't know if there were some unsigned copies.

Edit: I decided to email Lego customer support, figuring that they can track down details from the contest giveaway. It turns out that most copies of the art book were NOT signed. Only a few select copies were actually signed (likely the ones given away on bzpower). So, it's entirely plausible that an unsigned copy is indeed legit. 

Edited by jchavoya