Plasma Element (and possibly others) for Doronai Nui RPG [PEACH]

Toa Jaxus

Disclaimer; I don't know where exactly I should place this thread, so if it gets moved/banned/whatever I understand.

Anyway, so I found out about the Doronai Nui RPG by Red Star Games (Check out the idea here, and download the current version from here) from the Chronicles of one Asherano Nuva, about a Bionicle RPG campaign he is running (see here). Currently Doronai Nui is in a draft version with only the six main elements, so I thought I would make one of the less common elements as a personal expert in Bionicle RPG design. I did in all one evening and am looking for honest criticism of it. So without further ado, the element of Plasma:

Plasma:

Toa of Plasma are odd bunch, arising from waste lands, poisoned swamps and hyper-arid deserts far beyond the reach of safety and sanctuary. Ancient legends say that when the world was being made, Ta-Matoran were incapable of working in the hottest furnaces and caverns of that primordial age; so the Su-Matoran were forged in the most dangerous of conditions. Su-Matoran work as scavengers in their wastes, or as repairmen and emergency workers in the urban settings.

In more modern times, Su-Matoran are survivors and extremophiles, although they sacrifice some of Matoran’s signature crafting ability in exchange for scavenging and survival skills. When they do live amongst other Matoran, the Su-Matoran pride themselves on their endurance and toughness. They are general friendly, although lack the social grace of Le and Po-Matoran, but they often see Ta-Matoran as over glorified ‘frenemies’.

Ability Score Increase: +2 to Str and Wis.

Craft Proficiency: You gain a proficiency in Mending

Skill Proficiency: You gain proficiency in Perception and Investigation.

Plasma (Su-)

Tribe Rider:

Target must make a DC7 + EP Spent Fortitude saving roll or else double all damage they receive in the attack; Inanimate objects automatically fail this roll.

AoE Table:

AOE1: 1d4 heat damage, Fortitude save or be blind for a turn.

AOE2: 1d6 heat damage, Fortitude save or be blind for a turn.

AOE3: 2d4 heat damage, Fortitude save or be blind for a turn. In addition, all affect must make a Reflex save or have their armour burnt – increase damage received by 2 for a turn.

AOE4: 2d6 heat damage, Fortitude save or be blind for a turn. In addition, all affect must make a Reflex save or have their armour burnt – increase damage received by 4 for a turn.

AOE5: 2d8 heat damage, Fortitude save or be blind for a turn. In addition, all affect must make a Reflex save or have their armour burnt – increase damage received by 6 for a turn.

Elemental Armour:

A swirling mass of tansparent mass of plasma wreaths the Toa, blazing into light and heat when struck.

Armour1: Any attacker must pass a Fortitude test (DC of 14); on a failure the attacker suffers one of the following conditions for a turn: blinded, increase all damage by 2 or burned.

Armour2: Any attacker must pass a Fortitude test (DC of 14); on a failure the attacker suffers two of the following conditions for a turn: blinded, increase all damage by 3 or burned.

Armour3: Any attacker must pass a Fortitude test (DC of 14); on a failure the attacker suffers all three of the following conditions for a turn: blinded, increase all damage by 4 and burned.

Armour4: Any attacker takes 1d6 heat damage and must pass a Fortitude test (DC of 14); on a failure the attacker suffers all three of the following conditions for a turn: blinded, increase all damage by 4 and burned.

Armour5: Any attacker takes 2d6 heat damage and must pass a Fortitude test (DC of 14); on a failure the attacker suffers all three of the following conditions for a turn: blinded, increase all damage by 4 and burned.

Edited by Toa Jaxus
  • Upvote 1