Exo-Force Group Discussion

joev14

Exo-Force poll!  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

image.jpg

Well, it would appear the last Exo-Force group died awhile back, so why not breath some new life into it? I'm Joev14, the owner of the Lego Exo-Force wiki, and creator of the Bionicle: Audio-Narration Project. I'm a huge fan of Exo-Force and would even argue that the series took up more of my interest during it's run than Bionicle did at the time, as I purchased every Exo-Force set during it's run, though I tried my hardest to keep up with Bionicle during those three years as well, I missed quite a few of the 2008 sets at the time.

I've recently recovered my love for the series, and have decided to start up a second YouTube channel where I will be reviewing every single set ever released in the series, plus a couple of sets that were never released, all in glorious HD! Alongside this, I will be creating audiobook version of the Exo-Force books, so you too can experience the joys of the series the same way I did. For those of you who are interested, here is a link to the Exo-Force comics that everyone is so fond of as well.

Please post any comments you have regarding these below, I'd also love to see some MOCs and Stories related to Exo-Force, or just hear about any memories you have growing up with the series!

• Upvote 3

I never had any Exo-Force sets (I made the opposite choice as you and ended up with all the 2006 titans for it), but I loved the comics and still re-read them all each year (well, not always The Golden City ones, but the rest).  I guess I'm just a sucker for stories about humans vs. machines. 

cheesebanner.jpg.4e180047b2ca502f2c43489af7b439da.jpg

I do very much wish Exo-Force would be given a second run, or if they tried something similar to it. Comic books and anime are all the rage right now and so rebooting a series or starting a new one would be a really good move. Ninjago has some similar elements of Japanese design, but they aren't quite as full into as Exo-Force was.

Incidentally, I just released my review of the Fire Vulture today. Check it out below!

• 2 weeks later...

Exo-Force and Knights' Kingdom 2 really should have done better than they did. If they performed well enough, we coulda had a true golden age of story-driven Lego themes. I think the primary weakness was the non-existence of CCBS at the time, which meant EF and KK2 had to use ratchet joints, which were just too awkward to play with compared to Bonkle's iconic balls and sockets. With a more versatile building system than what Bionicle offered, Lego could have streamlined the builds for playability. These lines just had to much potential and they were painfully squandered. At least EF had better builds for its figures than literal bricks with some buildable limbs attached.

Rule #1: Always listen to Kek.

Rule #2: If you break rule #1, kindly don't.

Rule #3: EVERYBODY TYPE IN THE CHAT "AVAK IS A STUPID TRIGGER"

Exo-Force and Knights' Kingdom 2 really should have done better than they did. If they performed well enough, we coulda had a true golden age of story-driven Lego themes. I think the primary weakness was the non-existence of CCBS at the time, which meant EF and KK2 had to use ratchet joints, which were just too awkward to play with compared to Bonkle's iconic balls and sockets. With a more versatile building system than what Bionicle offered, Lego could have streamlined the builds for playability. These lines just had to much potential and they were painfully squandered. At least EF had better builds for its figures than literal bricks with some buildable limbs attached.

I honestly think we did have a golden age of story driven lego themes, it just only lasted from 2006-2008, with Mars Mission, Knights Kingdom, Bionicle, and Exo-Force all being a part of that. I find it interesting you should mention ratchet joints. I actually prefer them when it comes to leg articulation at least, as I think it provides stronger stability. Lego nailed this in the final wave with the Deep Jungle sets, as the majority of the models had ratchet joints in places that were weight bearing, and ball joints in places that were meant to be more poseable. Sadly, Deep Jungle sold the worst out of all the waves. Some claim this was because people were already turned off by the Golden City Era, though I must personally say that while Deep Jungle did add a lot of nice parts and fixed a lot of the gripes I had with earlier sets, it just didn't jive as well with the two earlier years.

Incidentally, my Uplink and Sentry review launched today. I specifically bring up the very nice poseability included in this super bargain priced sets.

https://youtu.be/IDoTMu8gsX4