If constraction could come back, what would you like to see?

Lenny7092

Hi, guys. As you see, constraction is gone this year, and it wasn’t doing so well with the sales. I am shocked to see this. Pretty sure you do, too.:( (crying in tears of sadness).

Well, let’s try to cheer us up with something. If constraction could come back somehow, what would you like to see? For me, well, here’s some ideas:

1. 2020 or 2021 - Bionicle G1’s return for the sake of G1 fans. This time, it would conclude the G1 story with a good ending, which means all unresolved stuff are going to be resolved this time. This would be the real final year where the Toa Nuva (with Tahu turning back into a Toa Nuva again) are reunited and team up with all heroes to fight against Velika and other evil beings for the sake of Spherus Magna. It would start with where the 2011 serials left off. It should appeal to both old and new fans. If that could happen in 2021, it would be a good way to celebrate Bionicle’s 20th anniversary. For the media, a direct-to-video movie would be nice, like Hey! Arnold: The Jungle Movie in 2017. A TT Lego video game based on the entire G1 story, where there are contraction figures instead of minifigures, like Bionicle Heroes, much better, would be nice, too. I would like to think that it would be revealed that the Mask of Time is actually the bottom half of a larger Mask of Time (it looks incomplete, anyway), and that had to be dealt with, like finding the top half, combining the halves together, and then using the power of all three Legendary Masks (The completed Mask of Time, the Mask of Life, and the Mask of Creation).

2. 2021 or 2022 - Hero Factory’s return, but this time, where the story will be finished up for the sake of its fans. It would be the real final year where all nine Heroes would have a final showdown with all of their villainous enemies, including Von Nebula, Voltix, Core Hunter, and more while all of the unresolved stuff in the story will be resolved. For the media, well, either at least 10 TV episodes or maybe a direct-to-video movie would be nice, and so does a TT Lego game, with constraction figures instead of minifigures.

3. Bionicle G2’s return for one more year. In this year, it’s where the story will be really finished and have all of the unresolved stuff resolved. It would be where the Toa would come back to Okoto to help Ekimu fight against Makuta again, who got out from the Shadow Realm conquest and revenge, and his forces. Makuta will use the newly repaired Mask of Ultimate Power as one of his main weapons. Ekimu would need to get both halves of the Mask of Time and G2’s own Takanuva to help fight the evil beings. Plus, this time, Makuta will have minions that are counterparts to all of the first 6 Toa. Plus, Makuta will have his own set officially. That could be told through a direct-to-video movie. Maybe also a video game.

4. A year where G1 and G2 have a crossover, which would look similar to Sonic Generations, as the Heroes from G1 and G2 work together to travel through time and space to stop an evil force, which could be G2 Makuta and Velika working together, by travelling to all of their storylines to fix everything. Either a video game or a direct-to-video movie would be nice.

5. Bionicle G3 - It would start fresh and only uses characters that we already know for our nostalgic convenience. It would be like G1 as well. Again, a TV show with at least 10-13 22-minute episodes per season, and each season tells a storyline, like Ninjago. Plus, a video game if this is going well in many years.

6. Or, G3 would start with either the Toa Mata going to school to learn how to become Toa or the Toa Mata would come to planet Earth and meet humans (in the present day). I mean, the Bionicle characters need to go out often and act more like human.

7. Hero Factory G2 - It would start fresher and be more legit with its things.

8. A shared universe where Bionicle and Hero Factory have a crossover, similar to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

9. Release sets that are modernized versions of the ones in the past, similar to Ninjago’s Legacy sets this year, not like Bionicle Stars in 2010.

Well, there you have it. I said these things because those themes need redemption, to return, and rebirth for the sake of our nostalgia.

Along the way, more sets shouldn’t look weird and no stiff joints. No fragile lime green pieces, either. Lol. The prices should be cheaper than what we had in the past with the constraction sets, like making small sets $5 and medium ones $10. Give back those instructions that the Toa Mata in 2001 had. That would be cool. Plus, give all significant robotic characters their own sets (Helryx from Bionicle never got one), and give them all of their tools along the way (Nuparu never had his Aqua Blaster Blade). Plus, the figures’ designs should be less bulky than Bionicle G2’s sets, and be like Bionicle’s 2001-2004 and 2006 sets.

I would love those movies, TV shows, and video games to have positive reviews, and all of them should have actors who are famous and that we know very well. Plus, the shows and movies would have great 3-D animation, Transformers: Prime style, and the characters should look exactly like their sets, but look more human and fill in empty spots. Plus, some good scripts and references, and they can be like Bionicle G1 for the sake of their greatness in terms of story. Also, give each characters five-fingered hands as a norm. The TV shows would be played in Cartoon Network or Disney channels, not Netflix or whatever like it this time, as they would be like Ninjago in terms of greatness, and they have to be the main sources of the lines’ stories. If things go well, then Lego should be thinking about giving constraction it’s own cinematic universe, live action or 3-D animated. It would be like the Marvel Cinematic Universe and the Disney’s recent 3-D animated movies in terms of greatness and how stories are written and told (But make them at least sort of kid-friendly, and make things be like Bionicle G1, but no unresolved things before really ending the story. Finish the story before Lego would end the line. Plus, a lot of good character development, action, and some humor). It would be cool if we have some good directors, writers, scripts, actors, CGI, 3-D animation, and movie companies, like Disney’s stuff, MCU, Pixar, the Wonder Woman movie in 2017, and Aquaman in last year. I would say that I would trust either Disney or Warner Bros. on making this stuff (I don’t trust Sony or Universal on this one). I sort of wouldn’t have The Lego Movies have a The Lego Bionicle Movie because it’s hard for the characters to move their mouths like this.

These things all should be well promoted and well focused by Lego, with a lot of good budget. They also should be equal in many ways, like TV episodes and promo videos. Plus, very great advertising all the way.

I super-hope that Lego should consider doing these things for the sake of us and constraction. I want a good renaissance for the constraction category, and we need constraction in our lives. We feel so empty without them.:(

Let’s pray, y’all.

Edit: I accidentally made two copies of the topic without knowing it. Sorry.:( Can anyone delete the copy over there, please?

Edited by Lenny7092

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)

I'd love to see an Exo-Force revival which blends CCBS with low amounts of System, in a somewhat similar fashion to Invasion From Below, but with improvements. It would also be nice to see some new, original IP from Lego that utilizes constraction.

Of course, it goes without saying that I'm still holding out hope for Bionicle to return.

:kakama: 

:kakama: Stone rocks :kakama:

Model Designer at The LEGO Group. Former contributor at New Elementary. My MOCs can be found on Flickr and Instagram

:smilepohatunu: :smilehuki: