The Ironclad (Slay The Spire)

The Mugbearer

47200431251_4b3b1406a9_b.jpg

Ironclad is a playable character in a card-based dungeon crawling roguelike game called Slay The Spire.

Ironclad used to be a soldier, but sold their soul to the demons to obtain their power to scale the Spire and slay its heart.

Made with Lego Digital Designer. Rendered in POV-Ray. Post-processed in Adobe Photoshop.

The design process for the model can be seen here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/385969225

Edited by The Mugbearer
  • Upvote 4

In awe of the tininess of this lad's hands!

Also, I feel like edited-on eyes detract from the style a bit; brick-build ones would add a lot.

Thank you for your critique. :)

Happy to help! Listening to critique rather than dismissing or deleting it is important, but sometimes it feels like too many in the community don't realize that... thanks for showing otherwise :)
  • Upvote 2

Listening to critique rather than dismissing or deleting it is important, but sometimes it feels like too many in the community don't realize that...

Sometimes it feels like too many in the community think that them giving critique is warranted and necessary. :) But that's okay! As long as we are nice to each other, we can get along.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the fact that you gave him edited-on eyes! You've successfully escaped one of the biggest limitations in LDD- the lack of appropriate decals for things like eyes or tiny facial details. The hands are really creative, too. And I also really dig how you did the hemmed boots (I don't know what else to call them).

Very solid build and shaping as usual. Great stuff

• Upvote 1

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

I love the fact that you gave him edited-on eyes! You've successfully escaped one of the biggest limitations in LDD- the lack of appropriate decals for things like eyes or tiny facial details. The hands are really creative, too. And I also really dig how you did the hemmed boots (I don't know what else to call them).

Very solid build and shaping as usual. Great stuff

Thank you! That's the biggest challenge to me: how to add more details to parts that don't have their own designated decals/stickers/whatnot? I think that I am getting the hang of it to be honest.

Pretty sure the hemmed boots are not it, but thank you anyway!